Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RNG pissing me off - 14 3ofCoins and nothing. this type of crap from Bungie is just damned off putting.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Phew!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

So do you know what happened Optimus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My biggest fear from MW2 was some durty hacker would reset my stats. If I lost all my Destiny stuff I'd..... I'd....... actually I don't even know......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

gimli2112 wrote: »
    My biggest fear from MW2 was some durty hacker would reset my stats. If I lost all my Destiny stuff I'd..... I'd....... actually I don't even know......

Somebody got into my account during Black Ops, reset my password, prestiged in the game and renamed my Xbox gamertag. I was furious. Took a couple of days to sort everything out with MS. I know now it was because I had a very weak security question on my email account. I won't make that mistake again.

I uninstalled Destiny last night and then did a fresh install. All is good now. It was a very strange error. I think it's only Xbox related. If anyones interested, here's a screenshot of it. Hope you won't see it pop up on your console.

http://screenshotscontent-t2001.xboxlive.com/0009000000220ff2-21a9f493-54d3-4c0e-8783-d12914d2ff72/Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=c&sig=0CW0ygLGXyPi5dHXWhK%2BXhTFuO0UsuSMv8PmiR5kKyE%3D&st=2015-12-01T08%3A51%3A12Z&se=2015-12-01T09%3A56%3A12Z&sp=r&__gda__=1448963772_578f35f55d045b0b0114c447235f379a

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

gimli2112 wrote:

It's a weird one to describe, and probably part of a bigger post I've never put up here, but now, post TTK, I think if be OK if my stats were lost. Some of the shine is gone from the game for me, and I can't put my finger on what it is. Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying and playing the game, but I find myself less bothered about completing quests and getting stuff. The completionist in me is dead on this one, not bothered for grimoire, not bothered for class specific weapons, not even bothered to finish off Oryx on hard. I truely have become a filthy casual.

Yeah there's one guy on my list is the same. He's a real gamer and think he has something like 170+ platinums. After TTK he just lost interest and he's sunk a tonne of hours into it. His main issue was that everything he had done in Year 1 was now worthless and it really got to him.
    I've recently started playing the PvP more and am still enjoying it. Something in my brain keeps me putting the disc back in the console although not as fanatical as I used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Warpriest Challenge mode is live apparently. Don't know anything else about it yet!

Looks like its a heroic mode for both Normal and Hard Modes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

PetKing wrote: »
    The completionist in me is dead on this one, not bothered for grimoire, not bothered for class specific weapons, not even bothered to finish off Oryx on hard. I truely have become a filthy casual.

I was agreeing with you on that point, until I remembered that I was logged on until almost 1 am last night looking for those damn Calcified Fragments!

One of the things that gets me in on TTK, Bungie were shameless in the amount of grinding required. Hadium flakes, Calcified Fragments, Marks, removing Strange Coins from the Weekly strike, etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PetKing wrote: »
    It's a weird one to describe, and probably part of a bigger post I've never put up here, but now, post TTK, I think if be OK if my stats were lost. Some of the shine is gone from the game for me, and I can't put my finger on what it is. Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying and playing the game, but I find myself less bothered about completing quests and getting stuff. The completionist in me is dead on this one, not bothered for grimoire, not bothered for class specific weapons, not even bothered to finish off Oryx on hard. I truely have become a filthy casual.

This makes for interesting reading, particularly the "Sunk Cost" piece

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3u13vj/how_destiny_uses_reinforcement_schedules_sunk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

jonny24ie wrote: »
    This is my favourite exotic farming run, I brought a few lads in on it on Saturday and I think they didnt believe it....... Until 1 got an exotic drop straight away haha

Basically you use one char and run it, then log in to your next char and run it and then on to your 3rd char and run it. The 3 of Coins should have reset by the time you get back to your first char. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfEgvqRXsOY

Killed him once last night - got a 4th Horseman, only 290 though so wasn't worth the shard!
    Will be giving this a go again though, as it does seem to work.

Does Court of Oryx work with 3oC? If that guy didn't drop - it might be just as quick to pop over to the Court and try again.

And someone has finished the challenge mode warpriest already and got a 320 Artifact. He finished it on HM.

See his character here with the 320 Artifact

AHAHAHAHAHA.

Nightfall is Sabre.... with Epic, juggler Iron Clad and Void burn.

F.... That... SHI.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cormac... wrote: »

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3u13vj/how_destiny_uses_reinforcement_schedules_sunk/

Having worked in the local arcade during my teens, and watching the slot lads who played Poker a lot - this article makes a hell of a lot of sense to how peeps play Destiny consistently....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Daraa wrote: »
    And someone has finished the challenge mode warpriest already and got a 320 Artifact. He finished it on HM.

See his character here with the 320 Artifact

Whats the Challenge though??????????

Fieldog wrote: »
    Having worked in the local arcade during my teens, and watching the slot lads who played Poker a lot - this article makes a hell of a lot of sense to how peeps play Destiny consistently....

It's been almost 3 months since tTK launched, it's not surprising people are burned out.

PvP is the thing that will keep people coming back imho.
    AHAHAHAHAHA.

Nightfall is Sabre.... with Epic, juggler Iron Clad and Void burn.

F.... That... SHI.....

The NF has been rendered pointless once you hit 312+ or thereabouts.

Was watching a Datto Video where he pretty much said as much the other day

They did it in two Auras and there were more adds in the middle.

Presumably its to do it in two Auras so? maybe..

possibly just more ads, that seems to be what I am reading. Doesn't appear that it is any more difficult going by what people are saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The challenge sounds dumb, I'd say most groups would complete it that way on a weekly basis that way without specifically trying to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

How does this challenge mode work? Do you just run a raid as you always would and then you get more loot for killing a boss in a specific way

or

Do you load up 'the warpriest challenge' and spawn in right by the required boss, get your gear and then faff off?

For the Lord Shaxx crucible bounties - I know you have to have the 'complete 5 bounties' one active before the others, but do you have to have the others all active at the same time?

I've 7 bounty slots taken up by Iron Bounty and Trials bounties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

For the Lord Shaxx crucible bounties - I know you have to have the 'complete 5 bounties' one active before the others, but do you have to have the others all active at the same time?

I've 7 bounty slots taken up by Iron Bounty and Trials bounties.

No. Pick one up complete, turn in, pick the next up.

I have 10 IB bounties on my Warlock. Hadn't used him the past two times and just kept picking them up.

AdamD wrote: »
    The challenge sounds dumb, I'd say most groups would complete it that way on a weekly basis that way without specifically trying to.

Yeah, this one sounds easy enough; but it is only the first one - could be easing in to it so that people get hooked on it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Killed him once last night - got a 4th Horseman, only 290 though so wasn't worth the shard!
    Will be giving this a go again though, as it does seem to work.

Does Court of Oryx work with 3oC? If that guy didn't drop - it might be just as quick to pop over to the Court and try again.

CoO Tier 3 is the only one that 3ofC works on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

It seems as if you have to use just one monolith for the warpriest challenge judging by some of the posts I am reading. But apparently it is ok to have a fireteam member die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Cormac... wrote: »

The craic with the 3oC really did feel like i was spinning the wheel, i actually did feel like a gambler.

It's a bit cheap.

The craic with the 3oC really did feel like i was spinning the wheel, i actually did feel like a gambler.

It's a bit cheap.

I dunno why people bother farming them and expecting anything better than a 1-in-7 return. 1-in-5 is meant to be the average, so if you're even close to that it's fine

For everyone who posts about using 15 of them and getting nothing, there's always a player who got 3 exotics in 7 3oCs but you never see that guy posting anywhere near as much.

Same as people who complain about drops in the Crucible.
    Only too happy to share screen grabs of when the guy in last gets a legendary, but never post screenshots of when they get something for coming 5th.

3oCs are just little "nice to have" RNG booster.
    Neither they, nor the NF, nor Xur, nor the Raid, nor Strikes, nor IB, nor Trials, nor Faction Reward Packages are meant to be the ONLY way you rank up or gain Exotics (be they 290 or 310).

You take a little bit of each system and games modes rewards - This is the biggest reason get p**sed off with the Raid drops, cause a lot of time they avoid PvP, IB and Trials, so you run the Raid 3 times and Poof! That's your lot sonny jim

I just carry about 15 3oCs on each of my characters and pop one just before I fight a boss.

Or sometimes I'll fly in and Kill/Suicde Drakcis/Gatelord etc between Crucible matches

Trying to farm any one game mode or RNG type drop will generally mean you'll have a bad time and get fed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Can't remember the last time I used a 3oC. Or run the NF.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement