Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Can't remember the last time I used a 3oC. Or run the NF.

I'm saving all my Strange Coins for Engrams once the new Exotics come in December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm saving all my Strange Coins for Engrams once the new Exotics come in December.

Is there a date for that yet? I'm saving up engrams and coins as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I want the Thagomizers :) look like a mad lobster running around punching everything :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have around 60 on my Warlock about the same on the Titan and 100 on my Hunter. I'm hurling 3 ocs at everything :o
    TBH I don't really need anything but would like
    - 310 feet ffs
    - a couple more 310 Heavies
    - 310 Red Death / Jade Rabbit / Bad Ju Ju
    - 310 Obsidian Mind

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I have around 60 on my Warlock about the same on the Titan and 100 on my Hunter. I'm hurling 3 ocs at everything :o
    TBH I don't really need anything but would like
    - 310 feet ffs
    - a couple more 310 Heavies
    - 310 Red Death / Jade Rabbit / Bad Ju Ju
    - 310 Obsidian Mind

Go buy them from the Giant iPad and infuse crappy 290-310s into them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Go buy them from the Giant iPad and infuse crappy 290-310s into them.

Yeah I have been but there's very little dropping 300+ It's no problem I have most of what I want.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So the warpriest challenge is to do exactly what we've been doing since the raid came out :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

The latest info on the warpriest challenge is that : you need different aura holders each time.
    Deaths, number of phases do not matter. If you fail but still kill him, you can run it again and the challenge loot will drop.
    There are also reports that it is not account based - so you can do it on each of your characters if you do it correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

nocal wrote: »
    The latest info on the warpriest challenge is that : you need different aura holders each time.
    Deaths, number of phases do not matter. If you fail but still kill him, you can run it again and the challenge loot will drop.
    There are also reports that it is not account based - so you can do it on each of your characters if you do it correctly.

I thought you had to kill him in two phases or On the second monolith?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought you had to kill him in two phases or On the second monolith?

No, just need to have different aura holders apparently which is what I'm pretty sure most people do anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You lads up for giving it a blast tonight ? I'll be on around 7.30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No, just need to have different aura holders apparently which is what I'm pretty sure most people do anyway.

well, i would think in general it would depend on which plate is the last. I would have thought most people would have a designated aura holder per plate. So at the moment if the right plate, for example, was last twice, there is a good chance it is going to be the same person jumping on both times.

Not necessarily - usually teams have the a player dedicated to each of the plates. So if the glyph sequence finishes on the same plate during the challenge run, another player will need to step on it and get the aura.

well, i would think in general it would depend on which plate is the last. I would have thought most people would have a designated aura holder per plate. So at the moment if the right plate, for example, was last twice, there is a good chance it is going to be the same person jumping on both times.

True, but as long as there's two people on each plate it shouldn't be an issue. Most groups won't even need a third aura at this stage, only risk is if the aura holder dies and it randomly picks someone who already held it.

You would need to pay attention to the plate that the glyph reader comes from. But then if the reader is from the top left (from the entrance) plate, you should be good as this always seems to be the very first plate you need to step on the first time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

PetKing wrote: »
    So do you know what happened Optimus?

Some technical jargon + Murphy's Law.

Some technical jargon + Murphy's Law.

Grand so, I will raise my guard against these when online to make sure the same does not happen to me :pac:

Grand so, I will raise my guard against these when online to make sure the same does not happen to me :pac:

I'll explain it better in party chat but it was like my account went into some sort of zombie setting. Neither active or deactive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'll explain it better in party chat but it was like my account went into some sort of zombie setting. Neither active or deactive.

schrodingers account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Accoun-ception....... Or the Zed's are finally about to take over and its all Optimus' fault :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

anything about different rewards for normal or heroic mode? Is one of the missing calcified fragments linked to this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You lads up for giving it a blast tonight ? I'll be on around 7.30.

Yeah I'd be up for it.

syboit wrote: »
    anything about different rewards for normal or heroic mode? Is one of the missing calcified fragments linked to this ?

310 rewards for normal, 320 for hard.

An *emblem* is also rewarded along with a calcified fragment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

syboit wrote: »

From Reddit :)

---
    and the rewards seem to be:

Calcified fragment
    Emblem
    310 artifact (NM drop), 320 artifact (HM drop)
    Max light weapon drop (310 for NM drop, 320 for HM drop)
    as usual, you can get NM and HM drops simultaneously
    ---

should be on aswell later tonight

Complete crucible daily on 3 different days bounty is bugged, just completed in one go by playing three matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

the five bounties one bugged for me. picked it up and immediately had 4/5 completed. Just played two games and boom, weekly crucible bounty done.

Only got a 306 ash factory from it though.

Complete crucible daily on 3 different days bounty is bugged, just completed in one go by playing three matches.

I've had the kill 2 guardians in 1 life bounty for about a week now. It won't complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

310 rewards for normal, 320 for hard.

An *emblem* is also rewarded along with a calcified fragment.

A 320 artifact would be great. I also need 3 more calcified fragments for the ToM quest.

the five bounties one bugged for me. picked it up and immediately had 4/5 completed. Just played two games and boom, weekly crucible bounty done.

Similar has happened to me - I think last week my hunter had 2/5 completed as soon as I picked it up.

I love these new time-saving features that have been added to the game!

• Advertisement

Not bad for 2 games of PvP
    I've had the kill 2 guardians in 1 life bounty for about a week now. It won't complete.

I'm of the understanding that that Bounty and another about killing an enemy another player has assisted you with (or vice versa) are limited to Rumble, despite there being no indicator that is the case. EDIT: I believe the bounty is called "Mine"

That or a few of them are bugged.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement