Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

does anyone know if your light level in crucible affects the light level of your drops?

I hate using the raid pulse rifle in crucible, but its the only primary I have that'll keep me above 300. I dont want to use it for infusion as its handy for the raid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

does anyone know if your light level in crucible affects the light level of your drops?

I hate using the raid pulse rifle in crucible, but its the only primary I have that'll keep me above 300. I dont want to use it for infusion as its handy for the raid.

It apparently does yes

You could always infuse a 310 Primary Duplicate into your preferred weapon of choice

Cormac... wrote: »
    It apparently does yes

You could always infuse a 310 Primary Duplicate into your preferred weapon of choice

thats my problem, I don't have another primary that I can junk to bring up something else.

thats my problem, I don't have another primary that I can junk to bring up something else.

Well Given the loot drops form Crucible will only be <300, there's no point in being 315 with a 310 Primary, when you can be 305 with a 280 Primary, if that makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

is it just me or are the connections to destiny getting worse. I'm kicked from Destiny or unable to connect at log on several times a day. I've done nothing to my internet set up, and its wired up.

Infuriating.

Also, has 'Attempting to contact Destiny Servers' ever resulted in it managing to do just that, rather than kick you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Finally got around to doing some of the PvP quests. Equipped an auto rifle for the first time in ages, started off using Her Right Hand, not much joy but shifted to Antipodal Hindsight which eased the suffering and then scampered off and bought Suros (my first true love).

God those AR's are a pain to use against anyone who can wield a pulse but luckily I had 2 games paired against complete scrubs so got 2 of the 4 knocked out. While the quest will drag a little, it's actually good to be forced to use some other gun types.

Eyasluna dropped with almost maxed stability so I'll be giving that a whirl for the HC stage.

On another note, how does one glimmer farm these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Also, has 'Attempting to contact Destiny Servers' ever resulted in it managing to do just that, rather than kick you?

I've often gotten back in but my score is reset to zero.

is it just me or are the connections to destiny getting worse. I'm kicked from Destiny or unable to connect at log on several times a day. I've done nothing to my internet set up, and its wired up.

Infuriating.

I think PSN is being a bit uncooperative the last week. Maybe it's that.

Aside from that were you, or have you ever been, in party or social space with any of the following suspects:

GTRoni
    AKA: The Original, The Don
    Last Known Whereabouts: Clare

Noobzerker
    AKA: Salty-Sore-Shoulders, The Rage
    Last Known Whereabouts: The Lighthouse

ChunkyDave
    AKA: LaggyDave, The-Big-Kahuna
    Last Known Whereabouts: Some BLOPs 3 lobby

Needs_More_Beard
    AKA: Chuckles, The-Bomb
    Last Known Whereabouts: Platform 2....No! 2!... Counter Clockwise, 2nd Platform

Rossi_IRL
    AKA: Rossi-12-Trailers, Jeff Sterling,
    Last Known Whereabouts: Within a Pringles Tin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Infuriating.

When that keeps happening I just turn the game off and leave it till the next day. Or wait in orbit and see if they will invite anyone else to take down the Warpriest.

Needs_More_Beard
    AKA: Chuckles, The-Bomb
    Last Known Whereabouts: Platform 2....No! 2!... Counter Clockwise, 2nd Platform

I chuckled way too much at this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

the five bounties one bugged for me. picked it up and immediately had 4/5 completed. Just played two games and boom, weekly crucible bounty done.

Only got a 306 ash factory from it though.

I got that one aswell, wondering was it because I completed 1 of the quartermaster bounties aswell. Got a 310 exotic warlock chest piece from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

What's the highest light level you can get from drops on normal raid if your a 308 ? All I seem to be getting is stuff at either 300 or 302 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mcsirl wrote: »
    What's the highest light level you can get from drops on normal raid if your a 308 ? All I seem to be getting is stuff at either 300 or 302 :(

310 I think for NM gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

So the 'challenge' is that you can't have the same Aura bearer twice. I'd hazard a guess that if nobody knew about the challenge at least 80% of the groups would do it by mistake.

AdamD wrote: »
    So the 'challenge' is that you can't have the same Aura bearer twice. I'd hazard a guess that if nobody knew about the challenge at least 80% of the groups would do it by mistake.

80% of the 80% will probably wipe after going a guardian down even though the group has enough dps. That's where the real challenge lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

80% of the 80% will probably wipe after going a guardian down even though the group has enough dps. That's where the real challenge lies.

You can die as many times as you like. The challenge only has 1 stipulation: you can't have the same aura holder twice. Its not even a challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yeah, was simple. If they do 6 orb for golgoroth it'll be a bit more difficult but a couple of hunters with evade make that pretty easy, so I can only see Oryx challenge being hard.

Nice to get that 320 artifact though pretty handily though.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    CoO Tier 3 is the only one that 3ofC works on :)

3oC won't work on this weeks T3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Rossi_IRL
    AKA: Rossi-12-Trailers, Jeff Sterling,
    Last Known Whereabouts: Within a Pringles Tin

A its Jeff Stelling and B its Cheetos

Get your facts right.

The rest of this message will come through by the time the next thread is started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

anyone on Xb1 out there needs or wants to run the warpriest challenge 3 times today?

Just doing it for the artifacts. I could finish the raid afterwards but I just want to get the warpriest out of the way first.

It is hard to find a team on LFG as I am a bit under level (311/309/309 if I remember correctly).

:(

• Advertisement

Bohrio wrote: »
    anyone on Xb1 out there needs or wants to run the warpriest challenge 3 times today?

Just doing it for the artifacts. I could finish the raid afterwards but I just want to get the warpriest out of the way first.

It is hard to find a team on LFG as I am a bit under level (311/309/309 if I remember correctly).

:(

I'll be on later tonight if thats any use to you, - about 9pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Got the challenge mode done last night. Easy enough apart from some retarded moments from all of us. (I somehow apparently killed 5 adds with the brand in less than 3 seconds).

Got my 320 Artifact, 317 Rocket Launcher, 320 Sniper and few other bits from the raid.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I had a Monte Carlo drop straight from him on one run, only 310 though.

I got about 7 or 8 items that were 316-320 last night, it was f**king class :)

I'll be on later tonight if thats any use to you, - about 9pm?

That would be great. I will be on around that time. My plan is to start it up, get to the totems, save the cp and then do totems warpriest 3 times. Shouldn't take more than 30-40 minutes, hopefully!

So whatever you can do, if it is only 1 thats fine. I just dont have any artifacts on my 2 secondary characters so anything would be more than welcome!

That would be great. I will be on around that time. My plan is to start it up, get to the totems, save the cp and then do totems warpriest 3 times. Shouldn't take more than 30-40 minutes, hopefully!

So whatever you can do, if it is only 1 thats fine. I just dont have any artifacts on my 2 secondary characters so anything would be more than welcome!

I have a Warpriest checkpoint from last night. I won't be on tonight to play but I can log on for 5 minutes to give it to you if you want.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I have a Warpriest checkpoint from last night. I won't be on tonight to play but I can log on for 5 minutes to give it to you if you want.

That would be fantastic! :)

I dont have to do them all today, I just have to do them this week, if I can't find anyone online and need to go to LFG if I have the cp at least I have something to bargain with if you know what I mean.

thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

If you picked up the Suros PDX-45 order from the gunsmith last week one of the rolls comes with Hidden Hand, perfect balance, and rifled barrel!

Could be my new PVP weapon of choice!

That would be fantastic! :)

I dont have to do them all today, I just have to do them this week, if I can't find anyone online and need to go to LFG if I have the cp at least I have something to bargain with if you know what I mean.

thank you!

I can log on at lunch time and give it to you if your around. If not I'll be home about 5.45

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I can log on at lunch time and give it to you if your around. If not I'll be home about 5.45

ok then, what time is that?

I will be home for most of the day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement