Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    ok then, what time is that?

I will be home for most of the day

I'll be home around 1.15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

ok then

See you later

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Completed an auto-rifle quest for the Gunsmith last night while doing the Shaxx bounties and got an exotic Fabian Strategy.

It is similar in style to the H&K UMP-45 from Battlefield and it dropped with life support (health regen on kills) and front lines (increased stability, handling, rate of fire when close to enemies) perks making it an excellent auto-rifle for aggressive in-your-face style PvP gameplay. Well worth doing the quest if that is your kinda thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Completed an auto-rifle quest for the Gunsmith last night while doing the Shaxx bounties and got an exotic Fabian Strategy.

It is similar in style to the H&K UMP-45 from Battlefield and it dropped with life support (health regen on kills) and front lines (increased stability, handling, rate of fire when close to enemies) perks making it an excellent auto-rifle for aggressive in-your-face style PvP gameplay. Well worth doing the quest if that is your kinda thing.

It's only a C tier atm, might be better after the December update. The Exotic perks is very "meh"

The Warlock Class Specific Exotic the Tlaloc is AWESOME though, particularly for Sunsinger

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got 3 320 weapns and a few 315+ too last night. Easiest loot ever. Looking forward to a that 320 amour from golgoroth next week if he's up next.

• Advertisement

It's useless in PvP at the minute. The Front line perk dosent even work as intended.

Many better Vendor AR to use over it.

Cormac... wrote: »
    It's only a C tier atm, might be better after the December update. The Exotic perks is very "meh"

The Warlock Class Specific Exotic the Tlaloc is AWESOME though, particularly for Sunsinger

But Tlaloc is a scout rifle.

As far as auto-rifles go the Fabian is fine, along the lines of the Monte Carlo. Managed to get 20+ kills with it in a couple of games last night so C -tier is a bit harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I'll be on later tonight if thats any use to you, - about 9pm?

I should be on always to give a hand.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It's useless in PvP at the minute. The Front line perk dosent even work as intended.

Many better Vendor AR to use over it.

Are you sure you're pointing the pointy end at the enemy and pulling the trigger? :D

Seriously though it is not useless.

As far as auto-rifles go the Fabian is fine, along the lines of the Monte Carlo. Managed to get 20+ kills with it in a couple of games last night so C -tier is a bit harsh.

The Deal Breaker is pretty much the exact same bar a smaller magazine, actually the Zarina D would be a closer example, and dosent take up your exotic slot.

I'd prefer to use Red Death, Bad JuJu, Hawkmoon, Chaperone, Hereafter and Truth all before Fabian Strategy.

Fabian was my first exotic in TTK and I used it for a long time before I got a decenct primary but its been sitting in my vault for the last two months.

• Advertisement

Well at 4:20 in this video Datto gives it a C-Tier

I haven't used it much to be fair, was just basing my comment off my experience with that Archetype

Are you sure you're pointing the pointy end at the enemy and pulling the trigger? :D

Seriously though it is not useless.

Ha I saw that in the Fallout Thread.

The Fabian main perk is broken and dosent work as intended. Once the December update comes in all the perks are been reworked and I'll jump on it then to give it a go again.

Well at 4:20 in this video Datto gives it a C-Tier

I haven't used it much to be fair, was just basing my comment off my experience with that Archetype

Ah well if Datto says.... :pac::pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Who or what is a datto? :o

Ah well if Datto says.... :pac::pac:

I for one welcome our Youtube overlords.
    Mickeroo wrote: »

Kill the non-believer!!!

Mickeroo wrote: »

I just burst out laughing in work.

Thanks Mick now everyone thinks I'm weird :D

I'm speculating that the way to do the Golgoroth challenge will be to go back to multiple Orbs BUT have the people who get the bombs (destable light) in each pool of Light responsible for taking the Gaze next.

If I an tempt anyone on PS4 who is familiar with the multiple pool technique (you know the one I've been harping on about for like 2 months) to try this with me, even just for the craic or rush of trying something different, that would be just swell.

So Gaze Holder takes the gaze at L1, Player X gets the Stable light, jumps to R3 and takes the gaze, next, Player Y who gets the destable light goes to L2 and takes the gaze and so on.

Maybe the challenge mode won't be this complex, maybe it will, might be worth while giving it a lash. Maybe even just try do the 1st run and do 4 Pools and then finish him with the ole 1-pool to mitigate against risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Bohrio wrote: »
    That would be great. I will be on around that time. My plan is to start it up, get to the totems, save the cp and then do totems warpriest 3 times. Shouldn't take more than 30-40 minutes, hopefully!

So whatever you can do, if it is only 1 thats fine. I just dont have any artifacts on my 2 secondary characters so anything would be more than welcome!

cool, I'll send you a message later when I get on, just have to make sure the kids are gone to bed.

I'm speculating that the way to do the Golgoroth challenge will be to go back to multiple Orbs BUT have the people who get the bombs (destable light) in each pool of Light responsible for taking the Gaze next.

If I an tempt anyone on PS4 who is familiar with the multiple pool technique (you know the one I've been harping on about for like 2 months) to try this with me, even just for the craic or rush of trying something different, that would be just swell.

So Gaze Holder takes the gaze at L1, Player X gets the Stable light, jumps to R3 and takes the gaze, next, Player Y who gets the destable light goes to L2 and takes the gaze and so on.

Maybe the challenge mode won't be this complex, maybe it will, might be worth while giving it a lash. Maybe even just try do the 1st run and do 4 Pools and then finish him with the ole 1-pool to mitigate against risk

I think it will just be that no orb will respawn until all the orbs have been taken down.

That or a shorter kill time hence one orb start will take to long and cause a wipe.

I think it will just be that no orb will respawn until all the orbs have been taken down.

That or a shorter kill time hence one orb start will take to long and cause a wipe.

That's 6-of-one, 1/2 a dozen of what I'm saying.

If you have 2 gaze holders and one person getting an unstable light each pool, that means that you will only ever have 3 players MAX doing DPS on Golgoroth at any one given time as your Destable Light players will have to come in and out each pool.

So you can theoretically bump that up to 4 players by having the Bombs/Destable Light players jump out and take the next phase of the gaze.

Otherwise maybe you'll end up taking too long what with players running out of ammo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Would that not affect people who would want to kill Golgoroth and not worry about the challenge?

I think that it will be something like killing him with orbs dropping from 2 (or more) different locations.

nevelator wrote: »
    Would that not affect people who would want to kill Golgoroth and not worry about the challenge?

I think that it will be something like killing him with orbs dropping from 2 (or more) different locations.

From the looks of the director, once a challenge is active, you can't NOT do it (regardless of if you're doing normal or hard), it's a Modifier and there looks like no way to deselect it.

So if the Golgoroth Challenge mod is active, you can't just to go back to the old way of doing it that week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't think they'll change a single mechanic as the challenge is always active. It'll simply be a case of not getting the bonus rewards unless done in a specific way.

AdamD wrote: »
    I don't think they'll change a single mechanic as the challenge is always active. It'll simply be a case of not getting the bonus rewards unless done in a specific way.

That's actually a good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'm up for this. Fire team will have to be 6 who know how to work the gaze both taking and distracting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

definitely this, they cant put something in that could become a barrier to someone completing the boss encounter. like others have said, it'll probably be something along the lines of getting rewarded for using the multi orb strat for gologoroth with different people taking the gaze each time, having a different runner for oryx each time, killing the daughters in 2 damage phases.

definitely this, they cant put something in that could become a barrier to someone completing the boss encounter. like others have said, it'll probably be something along the lines of getting rewarded for using the multi orb strat for gologoroth with different people taking the gaze each time, having a different runner for oryx each time, killing the daughters in 2 damage phases.

There's only three challenges I think. Warpriest, Golgororth and Oryx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Well we pretty much know that the single orb strat will not grant the rewards for Golgoroth - Bungie said as much recently.
    The question is how many orbs will be needed? And will Golgoroth damage be required for each orb?

There is an alternative to the one orb strat. The person who normally distracts actually takes the gaze. Then you break the orb and the second person takes the gaze. 5 jump down into the pool and dps Golgoroth. So if you used this, could you break 3 or 4 orbs and just jump into the L1 pool?

I have a sneaky suspicion that Oryx will require different runners each time. If this is the case then it fits in nicely with the Warpriest challenge. Any chance then that Golgoroth will require a different gaze holder each time and will actually be possible to do via a one orb strat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The first few golgoroth runs I ever completed were with 2 gaze takers and using 6 bubbles. I imagine that'll be the challenge given what they did with the war priest. Not that difficult but at least it'll be more interesting than war priest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

The first few golgoroth runs I ever completed were with 2 gaze takers and using 6 bubbles. I imagine that'll be the challenge given what they did with the war priest. Not that difficult but at least it'll be more interesting than war priest

Which would fit in nicely with Bungies "You must play the game the way WE want you to play it" approach.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement