Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'll be home around 1.15

I am here... it is just updating my xb1... be ready in 2 min

Well maybe 5 more... its very slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    That's 6-of-one, 1/2 a dozen of what I'm saying.

If you have 2 gaze holders and one person getting an unstable light each pool, that means that you will only ever have 3 players MAX doing DPS on Golgoroth at any one given time as your Destable Light players will have to come in and out each pool.

So you can theoretically bump that up to 4 players by having the Bombs/Destable Light players jump out and take the next phase of the gaze.

Otherwise maybe you'll end up taking too long what with players running out of ammo.
    If we take the Warpriest as a blueprint - then whatever is done to the Golgoroth battle can't change the actual mechanics. The challenges aren't opt-in/out so you need to be able to complete the battle as your normally would, otherwise it is overly punishing to people who don't want to take part in the challenges (which should not be mandatory)

Based on that, I would say Cormac is more likely to be right in that it is probable you can't do the same orb twice, so you will need to rotate through the 6 - it may be that you can do it iteratively rather than all in one run though.

A mechanic such as orbs not coming back until all the orbs have been taken down is a change of the full mechanic of the fight, and I just don't see that happening, for the reasons I have given.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

if only we had a sub forum where we could discuss different strats in depth! ;)

Thanks Emmet

Had 1 big xb1 update and another Destiny update as well... took over 30 minutes to complete both. Sorry!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Daraa wrote: »
    if only we had a sub forum where we could discuss different starts in depth! ;)

IF only we had everyone on here vote in that thread for the sub forum :P

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    IF only we had everyone on here vote in that thread for the sub forum :P

There are more than enough votes on it as there is. It is simply a case now of waiting for the boards.ie staff to get round to approving it (which can take while) and then creating (which can take even longer). So it is really just a waiting game now, one that I think will take a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got two exotic engrams today(first in what seems like ages) got 310 gauntlets(Impossible Machines) and a 310 autorifle(Suros Regime) happy enough with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Daraa wrote: »
    if only we had a sub forum where we could discuss different strats in depth! ;)

We do... It's here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

No point harping on about the forum lads, we've all done our bit now, it's with the powers that be, the powers that don't actually read this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Anyone to run the warpriest challenge later? Not pushed if we abandon after that or press on.

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    Anyone to run the warpriest challenge later? Not pushed if we abandon after that or press on.

I have slots in my group (I think), should be on at 6:30 or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

PetKing wrote: »

Yup, happy to press on to do the sisters. Can't beat doing the sisters on a Wednesday night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

You doing the full raid? Any spaces?

I'm usually on about 11, but I may see if I can get on earlier today for an hour or so.

I'd be one for running that, but will only have time for the challenge tonight - would have to cut and run after the warpriest.

I can wait to to it another night with my 3rd if you want to give the raid a proper run tonight.

You doing the full raid? Any spaces?

I'm usually on about 11, but I may see if I can get on earlier today for an hour or so.

I'm happy enough to do as far as Oryx time and group permitting. But don't mind if people want to bail right after the Warpriest.

I have a checkpoint at the Totems/Relay anyway

I will be brining my Warlock (called it!) so there's that, ideally would like 2 Titans and 1 Hunter to round out the team for a tidy run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Bohrio wrote: »
    I am here... it is just updating my xb1... be ready in 2 min

Well maybe 5 more... its very slow

If your running one during the day, I should be home at around 3, I could jump in for a while if not will be online tonight aswell.

I will be bringing a Titan to any raids I do tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

so what's the deal with the weekly challenge, can it be done on NM and HM each week? We did it yesterday on NM, got the Fragment etc.

HM gives both drops...so yes you could do it on both modes or just do it on HM and get the all the loots.

nocal wrote: »
    HM gives both drops...so yes you could do it on both modes or just do it on HM and get the all the loots.

Spot on, Nev got 4 weapons in one go.
    NM Heavy and HM Heavy and NM Secondary and HM Secondary

• Advertisement

so what's the deal with the weekly challenge, can it be done on NM and HM each week? We did it yesterday on NM, got the Fragment etc.

Can be done on either.

Completing on normal drops a 310 weapon, 310 artifact and fragment.
    Completing on hard drops a 320 weapon, 320 artifact, the fragment and the normal challenage drops as well, if you have not previously done the normal mode.

Don't forget the emblem!

nocal wrote: »
    Don't forget the emblem!

And the mouldering shards and the Uncharged Antiquated Ruin, and the 2 Artifacts and the Exotic Primary I got from my 3 of Coins.

God that was a class loot drop :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

I'll be on from about 8pm for some nchallenge raid fun if anyone is still yet to run it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Should be fine for that. Will bring my hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

My filthy warlock is available for whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

full auto Dis-47 is a decent roll this week for PvP from Gunsmith. Higher RoF than the Dis-43, stability ok, suffers a touch at longer distances.

syboit wrote: »
    If your running one during the day, I should be home at around 3, I could jump in for a while if not will be online tonight aswell.

Hey

Sorry just seeing this now... :(

I will be on in like 30 min or so if I can get rid of the wife..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hey

Sorry just seeing this now... :(

I will be on in like 30 min or so if I can get rid of the wife..
    Looking good for me too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Looking good for me too!

I'm just logging in now if he need numbers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement