Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

That wasn't at all as easy as I had thought it would be. Cheers to the lads for their patience.was worth it though, Probably the best loot drop I've seen in the game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

That wasn't at all as easy as I had thought it would be. Cheers to the lads for their patience.was worth it though, Probably the best loot drop I've seen in the game :)

Yup, thanks for the invite aswell, think it was the quickest I've ever seen the warpriest killed, he only had a sliver of health after the 2nd round.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Killed the warpriest tonight... Got a 310 & 320 rocket as well as a 310 & 320 artifact. Went on to kill golgorath and the sisters and got some 300+ boots and arms to bring me to a comfortable 314.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Destiny down, again, tonight from 5pm til about 9pm - probably later knowing Bungie.

They take the servers down far too regularly, and always at a time that mostly effects Europe. ALWAYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Destiny down, again, tonight from 5pm til about 9pm - probably later knowing Bungie.

They take the servers down far too regularly, and always at a time that mostly effects Europe. ALWAYS.

Without much notice as well which is particularly annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

Ah balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bit of a kick in the stones, I was going to try get the Warpriest done tonight.

I suppose I'll play a different game then.

Who am I kidding I'll be sitting with Destiny open waiting for the servers to go back online :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Killed the warpriest tonight... Got a 310 & 320 rocket as well as a 310 & 320 artifact. Went on to kill golgorath and the sisters and got some 300+ boots and arms to bring me to a comfortable 314.

Its very generous with the loot, might even be too generous.

I got a 320 mg, 320 artifact, a 310 artifact, and then two more machine guns, one at 310 and one at 317. it jumped me from 302 to 307 and gave me something worthwhile to infuse into my thunderlord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

This Christmas I'll have Fallout 4, Uncharted 1-3 Remastered, Far Cry 4 and Wolfenstein the New Blood ready to play. Bring it on Lizard Squad / Destiny Servers.

sounds like another late one, its great though a few good drops like that and the levels jump up a good bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Great run last night with the Warpriest, cheers lads for dragging my 306 levelled ass through that!

Got a 320 MG and artifact.
    +
    310 sniper and artifact.

Then in the exotic chest I got a 310 Supercell!

Great run, managed to hit 310 light level - even though I'm using a 294 vendor helmet and 300 vendor boots. Hopefully Xur will play ball this week and sell Helmet engrams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

syboit wrote: »
    sounds like another late one, its great though a few good drops like that and the levels jump up a good bit.

Yea we gave Oryx a few runs but it was 2am at that stage so we called it.

It's a great incentive to want to play the game and get your character up those last few light levels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Few TAASHTY drops from the warpriest last night, cheers to the lads for the run. Mighty craic was had, even with the bizarre bungle enforced boot half way through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Good Salvage Guide.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3v9nqh/a_comprehensive_guide_to_salvage/

I find Salvage to be a really rewarding competitive game type once you give it some time.
    I'll be honest it takes maybe 50 games or 25 wins to grasp the Meta play and tactics, but it's well worth giving a shot.
    Hugely satisfying game mode once you get the hag fit IMHO.
    Most people hate it, but now that it's a permanent playlist and Light Level Doesn't matter so you can use Year 1 stuff, it's worth practicing.

I've recently hit 75 wins, and honestly, I kind of look forward to completing that Grimore.
    It's a BIG help for Trials too, just for getting your team play a bit better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

He's written a **** tonne that I can't be added addressing but ultimately I think he's wrong. Unless you're significantly better than the opposition its not worth trying to take the relic, you need to win 3/4 gunfights in a row to hold it which is unlikely to happen and if its disabled you end up with a net loss of points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac tricked me into playing Salvage this weekend when I was drunk by pretending it was like seach and destroy.
    Still haven't a clue how to play it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Morning time over in the UA of S probably best for them.

It's just Control with One Control Zone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Cormac... wrote: »
    It's just Control with One Control Zone.....

Go on you have my attention.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Salvage is a brilliant game mode in fairness. Its the only mode that I kept going back to and its not that hard to win either even if your a newb.

• Advertisement

And that that Control Zone moves around the Map every 2 minutes or so....

Morning time over in the UA of S probably best for them.

THey could do it in the afternoon - meaning Europe can play in the evening. America can play in the evening. Austrailia can play in the afternoon and evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

And that that Control Zone moves around the Map every 2 minutes or so....

Go on...

Go on...

And if you grab and keep the zone you get about 300 points.... and if you keep it for 45 seconds you get 600 points.... but if you lose it, the enemy gets 450 points....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

And if you grab and keep the zone you get about 300 points.... and if you keep it for 45 seconds you get 600 points.... but if you lose it, the enemy gets 450 points....

Moooore.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Moooore.

And you should grab both heavies even at the expense of the enemy capturing a relic, and keep your supers for Relicv captures or Relic defense if you have 10 seconds left....

That's it, that's all you do.... oh and Teamshot everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

And you should grab both heavies even at the expense of the enemy capturing a relic, and keep your supers for Relicv captures or Relic defense if you have 10 seconds left....

That's it, that's all you do.... oh and Teamshot everything

KILL THE INFIDELS :D

This guy finally did Oryx solo,

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3v9dpm/casually_soloing_oryx/

Nice to see the sleeper simulant put to good use, feel like it was almost the forgotten exotic you had to work for.

Played a couple of very fun games of Skirmish yesterday - had to win one for a bounty. Came close a couple of times, won the third/ Was a fun match - got the killing blowing with a Nightstalker arrow on a gunslinger as he came around the corner. He got me too, but feck it - winning blow was mine! Earlier in the game the gun slinger almost had me but I managed to shadestep two of his shots and my team-mate sniped him from behind (on the ramp up towards B on one of the Mercury (I think) maps.

Have had a few fun games of salvage too - but mostly a lot of nightmares! Mostly when I jump in with Cormac and drag him down to a horrid defeat. Spawn - Sniped. Spawn - Sniped. And repeat.

Glad I won;t have to go in to Rumble any more though. FOOK me. I suck at that mode badly. I need a team to work with - lone gunning it just isn't for me. Not aware or quick enough for it, oppo always getthe jump on me and then it is done.

• Advertisement

Played a couple of very fun games of Skirmish yesterday - had to win one for a bounty. Came close a couple of times, won the third/ Was a fun match - got the killing blowing with a Nightstalker arrow on a gunslinger as he came around the corner. He got me too, but feck it - winning blow was mine! Earlier in the game the gun slinger almost had me but I managed to shadestep two of his shots and my team-mate sniped him from behind (on the ramp up towards B on one of the Mercury (I think) maps.

Have had a few fun games of salvage too - but mostly a lot of nightmares! Mostly when I jump in with Cormac and drag him down to a horrid defeat. Spawn - Sniped. Spawn - Sniped. And repeat.

Glad I won;t have to go in to Rumble any more though. FOOK me. I suck at that mode badly. I need a team to work with - lone gunning it just isn't for me. Not aware or quick enough for it, oppo always getthe jump on me and then it is done.

not a big fan of Rumble myself but I found the mayhem rumble was a very effective mode in getting the 30+ shotgun kills for the chaperone. Running with invective or 4th horseman didnt take long to rack them up, always some-one coming to you and then unload the full auto shotgun

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement