Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Handy tip on reddit if you're the aura holder: DO NOT look down your scope until you are ready to kill an acolyte.
    They are programmed to hide from you when you ADS on the scope, so simply keep an eye on one or two of them then when the clock hits 2 seconds scope up and kill.

Also try not to use primary weapons with Firefly (for example: dont use Hung Jury). The explosion from precision shots on those acolytes can kill more than one, and cause you to lose more than one stack of time. Better yet use the Raid Heavy LMG...one head shot and they are dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Handy tip on reddit if you're the aura holder: DO NOT look down your scope until you are ready to kill an acolyte.
    They are programmed to hide from you when you ADS on the scope, so simply keep an eye on one or two of them then when the clock hits 2 seconds scope up and kill.

Also try not to use primary weapons with Firefly (for example: dont use Hung Jury). The explosion from precision shots on those acolytes can kill more than one, and cause you to lose more than one stack of time. Better yet use the Raid Heavy LMG...one head shot and they are dead.

Grenades are also problematic for killing multiple acolytes.

I did not know about the ADS piece though. Handy tip

dudeeile wrote: »
    How's about 8ish this evening? If that suits you guys I'm sure we can locate another 2 handy enough through psn, someone with relic skills would ease the journey.

Not sure what time I will be one today, but fire ahead without me if I am not around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

w00t! Finally can acquire Telesto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,252 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

When I have the aura I generally keep an eye on one til about 5 seconds, then shoot it in the legs (I'm using a 307 Red Death). The shots don't kill it, but prime it for a kill on the next shot and stagger it to keep it in place for another few seconds. If they are completely out in the open I will wait a second longer - depends if it looks like they are going to bolt for cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

SolvableKnave,
    I've the Warpriest checkpoint on the Hunter so we can pick up from where we left off last night if you want.

Yeah count me in lads, have not run araid at all this week only last nights warm up lol

haha, been saying that for ages. LMG for the win.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

True, there's nothing else to use your LMG on aside from Wizards Shields and the Major Knight tbh. The rest should be decent Primary fodder

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Quillim's Terminus makes short work of the acolytes alright.

If anyone wants the Warpriest checkpoint for their alts or whatever, I'll be on for early evening then back later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

SolvableKnave,
    I've the Warpriest checkpoint on the Hunter so we can pick up from where we left off last night if you want.

I'll go along as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

just like on the xbone getting into echo chamber to find the ghost, some more out-world trickery for the warsat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3vatvg/you_can_still_get_under_the_warsat_for_fallen/

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

This is something that I knew and that it makes perfect sense. But I never actually changed my weapon from the raid pulse cause i must have a brain injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

syboit wrote: »
    just like on the xbone getting into echo chamber to find the ghost, some more out-world trickery for the warsat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3vatvg/you_can_still_get_under_the_warsat_for_fallen/

Need to try this, as I really really need the sleeper simulant for all the things it's useful for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Why would you even bother with this. Telesto just wrecks everything on this weeks nightfall.

I'm probably going to get stick from this, but as far as I'm concerned if you need to glitch into wall to get a reward, you don't deserve the reward.

Don't know why more people just don't go "You know what, this Activity is too hard for me" and give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I'm not a fan of glitching especially if there is a reward at the end... I'm a glutton got for punishment and love the challenge.

Now if at a certain point in any particular mission I'm getting killed repeatedly and I'm bogged down, despite my name I might cheese it

I'm a firm believer if you grind enough you'll get it :D , couldn't be bothered with that glitching craic, find it hard enough to make jumps when I can even see the platforms, aiming for invisible ones ain't my style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm probably going to get stick from this, but as far as I'm concerned if you need to glitch into wall to get a reward, you don't deserve the reward.

Don't know why more people just don't go "You know what, this Activity is too hard for me" and give it a miss.

I thought I'd give you a bit of stick for this. See attached.

But..... I digress. On the glitching sure ppl have been doing it since games were released. If there's something to "help" you get something easier people will exploit it. I will admit to a bit of glitching myself.

Waits for someone to post a pic of a stick under this....

PlainP wrote: »
    On the glitching sure ppl have been doing it since games were released. If there's something to "help" you get something easier people will exploit it. I will admit to a bit of glitching myself.

Exploiting or Cheesing is different to Glitching. Getting yourself under the cosmodrome is different to using Ice Breaker to Kill a Boss from a sneaky spot etc.

anyone raiding tonight on xbone ? Or even a run at Crota or Atheon ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

anyone raiding tonight on xbone ? Or even a run at Crota or Atheon ?

I'll be on from about 10ish, haven't managed on all week so need to do a nightfall at least and fancy a bit of Trials. And of course the whole challenge mode thing if there's a raid going?

I'll be on from about 10ish, haven't managed on all week so need to do a nightfall at least and fancy a bit of Trials. And of course the whole challenge mode thing if there's a raid going?

A lot to catch up on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Class balancing update is live.
    [Url] https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14083[/url]
    Patch next week, apparently.

Class balancing update is live.
    [Url] https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14083[/url]
    Patch next week, apparently.

Just read all that and I have no idea what its all about....so I can punch a little further KOOL!!!

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Just read all that and I have no idea what its all about....so I can punch a little further KOOL!!!

:pac::pac:

All I got was that hammers are getting nerfed, and striker looks like it's getting a decent enough buff to some of the skill tree.

All I got was that hammers are getting nerfed, and striker looks like it's getting a decent enough buff to some of the skill tree.

Like that popping a defender bubble will now recharge your melee and grenade, could be very useful with an armamentarium.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Like that popping a defender bubble will now recharge your melee and grenade, could be very useful with an armamentarium.

I had great fun playing defender in last iron banner with no back up plans and shotty, suppression grenades are very underrated too.

Some really good PvP tips in here, especially the tip about firing warning shots at your opponents :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What console young kinderguardian ?

Sorry, thought the GT gave it away - I'm on Xbox One.

Have TTK but not before accidentally buying the expansion only and having to get Microsoft to refund me so I could buy the game and expansion as one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They're adding a racing event to the game on Tuesday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement