Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Looking forward to giving sparrow racing a whirl

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

So suppose that means no DLC for at least 3 more months?

Unless they still have no announce something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,252 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

very disappointing that Sparrow Racing and PS Exclusive Iron Banner gear is all that was announced. Would indicate no new content on the horizon.

Last year we got Crota as christmas DLC, this year nowt - and they did basically charge full price for Year Two. Plus they have people paying for emotes now too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

very disappointing that Sparrow Racing and PS Exclusive Iron Banner gear is all that was announced. Would indicate no new content on the horizon.

Last year we got Crota as christmas DLC, this year nowt - and they did basically charge full price for Year Two. Plus they have people paying for emotes now too.

Think that's it until destiny two, they've changed their business plan, new content will be things like challenge mode, festival of the lost and time gated exotics which is just repackaged existing content really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,252 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Think that's it until destiny two, they've changed their business plan, new content will be things like challenge mode, festival of the lost and time gated exotics which is just repackaged existing content really.

A very poor and disappointing effort from Bungie if that is the case. I can't see Destiny lasting much longer on the current content. You can already see it is losing gamers at an alarming rate. There was an influx of sorts for the challenge mode; but I can see many people only coming back to complete the challenge section and buggering off to play something else.

Obviously, from a gamer perspective its not the end of the world. Destiny doesn't need to be your only game. Go play CoD, Fallout, Just Cause3 etc.

But from a bungie perspective they should surely be doing more to stem the tide of players leaving - I think Sparrow Racing will get a week of use from most people, then be left again. I've no idea what the festival of the lost even was - or what you had to do in it, never got my head around it and it seemed there was a lack of interesting rewards.

If they don't have properly new content in March - i think Destiny 1 will be finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Got a legendary engram drop and got an exotic helm from it... "An insurmountable skullfort" :D now my highest piece of armour @ 290

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is the racing craic free??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is the racing craic free??

Seems to be a limited time event similar to the Festival of the Lost. Hopefully we can get a bulletproof sparrow from it like the refer a friend one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Won a mayhem rumble
    hopscotch, invective and ash factory
    Won a mayhem rumble
    Had to go lie down after
    Won a mayhem rumble
    Hoarse and shaky after

Last year we got Crota as christmas DLC, this year nowt - and they did basically charge full price for Year Two.

Wasn't The Dark Below being worked on prior to the Destiny launch, I'd say they had focused on TTK right up to launch, so probably gives them less time to turn around a new DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

320 gear is going to drop from Sparrow Racing. To be honest this is not end game content and in no way should it drop end game gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

emmetkenny wrote: »
    320 gear is going to drop from Sparrow Racing. To be honest this is not end game content and in no way should it drop end game gear.

But if it doesn't drop 320 gear once the shine wears off participation will fall off the Ishtar Cliffs.

On a more serious note I'd like to report that Never Midnight fella for bullying.

me and the brother two manned the NF yesterday, twice. 2 Defender Titans was hard but fair. Going in as Hunters the second time was a mistake. Spent the entire boss battle with one of us either dead or invisible.
    Think I was up till 4. Got in the lift this morning and forgot to press the button. Another dude got in and we shared an awkward moment.

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm probably going to get stick from this, but as far as I'm concerned if you need to glitch into wall to get a reward, you don't deserve the reward.

Don't know why more people just don't go "You know what, this Activity is too hard for me" and give it a miss.

Yeah I'd agree with this. It's like paying someone to get to the Lighthouse? Few guys I know got lads to get them the Jolly Roger / Thorn quests. I'm not the best PvP player but went through the pain of getting them myself, although I've no idea how I got the JR one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

The Sparrow Racing may turn out to be a bit of craic. I was disappointed to find out that was the only update we were getting from them though, but I had my suspicions... It is a poor showing though - considering TTK was a full priced game, and the sales from emotes.

If you look at it from an Iron Banner perspective, it's a chance to mess about with something new, get some cool armour and increase your light level.

On the down side, if you compare it to Iron Banner - you're going to have to grind the **** out of it for the entire week in order to get something worthwhile... Which I don't think I'm willing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Big apologies to the lads last night. Had to bail quick as little fella awoke screaming.

I'll be on early enough tonight (Mrs Knave working nights), around half 8 or so. If anyone has a WarPriest CP and has space, I'd like to jump in and give it yet another go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So all weekend my 15 year old had the PS4, it took me a while but hes now hooked on Destiny so he done my hunter up to level 37 for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Huzzah, Free Content! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'll be on early enough tonight (Mrs Knave working nights), around half 8 or so. If anyone has a WarPriest CP and has space, I'd like to jump in and give it yet another go.

I'll be on too looking to run my Titan through warpriest challenge. Had a disastrous run through with dudeeile, totz and the lads last night. Felt like we were stuck at the totems for hours. So many scrappy wipes from dodgy brand transferral, and usually on or near the end of the run. That coupled with restarting from orbit wrong checkpoint craziness, and my insane hangover, I had to quit in the end. Tl:Dr didn't complete relay and lost the checkpoint.

PetKing wrote: »
    I'll be on too looking to run my Titan through warpriest challenge. Had a disastrous run through with dudeeile, totz and the lads last night. Felt like we were stuck at the totems for hours. So many scrappy wipes from dodgy brand transferral, and usually on or near the end of the run. That coupled with restarting from orbit wrong checkpoint craziness, and my insane hangover, I had to quit in the end. Tl:Dr didn't complete relay and lost the checkpoint.

That pretty much sums up all my attempts this week. Stuck on totems for god knows how long. When finally managed to get to WarPriest himself, plate sequence either working wonky, sequence not being called out, or just folks being blitzed from nowhere. Got to third rotation couple times, sliver of health, everyone gets nuked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

That pretty much sums up all my attempts this week. Stuck on totems for god knows how long. When finally managed to get to WarPriest himself, plate sequence either working wonky, sequence not being called out, or just folks being blitzed from nowhere. Got to third rotation couple times, sliver of health, everyone gets nuked.

I'll be up for that solvable. I have warpriest checkpoint. I'll be on from around 7pm/8pm so whenever we get the numbers we'll jump in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

thegame983 wrote:
    I'll be up for that solvable. I have warpriest checkpoint. I'll be on from around 7pm/8pm so whenever we get the numbers we'll jump in.

I saw Chimp and Optimus looking to run it last night, they might be game too if they didn't run.

thegame983 wrote: »
    I saw Chimp and Optimus looking to run it last night, they might be game too if they didn't run.

cool_beans_by_sir_joe_a_lot.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

praydeth's ghost mission is the daily today, if anything if looking for the no time to explain.

Big apologies to the lads last night. Had to bail quick as little fella awoke screaming.

To be fair - things weren't exactly going well before that - so much for the feckin check points :D

I had the War Priest checkpoint - but I hadn't done enough of TTK quests to open up the raid on my Hunter.
    Totzire had the Totems checkpoint - when he loaded it up we went straight to Oryx.
    Tired to start a fresh raid - straight to Oryx...

Bungie really want people to kill Oryx it would seem.

Yeah, seems to be quite messy this week.

Would love for Bungie to implement some sort of selectable checkpoint system, character locked, not account wide. As long as the FT leader has completed or has the required CP, then it could be available to select on it's own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

It got kinda disheartening between our mess ups and the game playing silly buggers but it still felt doable and we were close a couple of times. Hopefully you guys can get it done later.

Apologies on the checkpoint issue, I know others had CP issues but I screwed it up at the start and had to go from the beginning. The second time I loaded in I don't understand why we skipped the warpriest, again this could have been my feck up. :o

dudeeile wrote: »
    Apologies on the checkpoint issue, I know others had CP issues but I screwed it up at the start and had to go from the beginning.

See my post above dudeeile, we were trying to start a new raid and jumping into the Oryx checkpoint.
    Maybe the update Bungie rolled out this weekend screwed something up, or maybe it was the lag but it was happening to a few people this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

See my post above dudeeile, we were trying to start a new raid and jumping into the Oryx checkpoint.
    Maybe the update Bungie rolled out this weekend screwed something up, or maybe it was the lag but it was happening to a few people this weekend.

vcxsj.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

This is getting a bit like deadline day. I'm being linked with everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement