Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I reckon an easier strat for Golgoroth will appear during the day.

It might be possible for example to have 3 gaze grabbers per run. On the the third one, destroy all the orbs (or not).

Next run use the 3 orbs for DPS that were not used the first time and the other 3 guardians to grab the gaze.

It might even be possible to use one orb per run and rotate the gaze holder and orb used. Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »
    Torn between having a BAD experience with that NF that turned me off NFs and wanting to try roll the dice to get some of dem new Exotics yo!

Just post your login details and one of us will run them for you..... or delete all your stuff.

Are new exotics live? Has the weapon patch dropped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gimli2112 wrote: »

Not until the patch drops later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just post your login details and one of us will run them for you..... or delete all your stuff.

They will be ready at beer o clock :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Torn between having a BAD experience with that NF that turned me off NFs and wanting to try roll the dice to get some of dem new Exotics yo!

Yes but 3 hunters....not the ideal combination for the nightfall last time.

I find that there can be sweaty moments in the nightfalls these days. But the right combination and a bit of co-ordination and persistence and they are not a problem.

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    They will be ready at beer o clock :D

Its always beer o clock though.

nocal wrote: »
    Yes but 3 hunters....not the ideal combination for the nightfall last time.

I find that there can be sweaty moments in the nightfalls these days. But the right combination and a bit of co-ordination and persistence and they are not a problem.

Yeah with light levels where they are the NFs are ok if you have three - you can get unlucky in a few spots. Soloing seems harder though. The Brothers is pretty handy too as there's a couple of cheese spots for the boss battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

New start just appeared.

No need to take down six orbs in one go.

Player A takes gaze as usual and calls out at 10. A then swaps gaze to player B.

Player C, D, E and F damage for the first two rounds as normal jump out at 10 seconds on Player B Gaze and then swap the gaze between themselves while out of the centre.

Reset go again.

The mechanic is that all 6 players must take gaze before losing Gaze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,251 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

emmetkenny wrote: »
    New start just appeared.

No need to take down six orbs in one go.

Player A takes gaze swaps to player B. Player C, D, E and F jump out at 10 seconds and then swap the gaze between themselves while out of the centre.

Reset go again.

The mechanic is that all 6 players must take gaze before losing Gaze.

So can you one orb it after that then? hmmmmm. So all 6 orbs don't need to go down?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah with light levels where they are the NFs are ok if you have three - you can get unlucky in a few spots. Soloing seems harder though. The Brothers is pretty handy too as there's a couple of cheese spots for the boss battle.

NF's are easy to Solo :P

• Advertisement

So can you one orb it after that then? hmmmmm. So all 6 orbs don't need to go down?

Yes you can one orb it as well.

A takes gaze as usual. B, C, D, E and F in the pit. A calls 10 and everyone jumps out.

B then takes gaze, C takes straight away and so on.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    NF's are easy to Solo :P

Still remember Tanicks Year one, lightswitch. Had Tannicks down to a sliver of health and a Captain one hit punched me in the face. Back to orbit. Not happy. :eek:

Dropping another emblem and guaranteed 320 drops inc another artifact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sexy new Playstation Messages App (for Chat Rooms) for iPhone,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,251 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Dropping another emblem and guaranteed 320 drops inc another artifact.

read it is a Chest Piece this week, along with the artifact.

read it is a Chest Piece this week, along with the artifact.

Think its just random from Golgoraths loot table. Seen others say they got gauntlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

elvel is level spelled incorrectly.

I would argue people will gravitate towards the weapon meta that has the highest chance of victory rather than a personal preference most of the time.

also, I wasn't arguing Firebase is a sidearm map - merely pointing out that there isn't another map which you would describe as primarily a <insert gun type here> map. Tell me which map is primarly a shotgun map, for example? Or Fusion map? The fact you can say a level is primarily a sniper map would indicate there is a problem with the weapon. There are maps in which a mix of weapons are viable, but I would argue the twich scoping ability and AA of snipers makes them too viable in too many situations.

Tell me which map is primarly a shotgun map?:
    - Anomoly
    - Caludron
    - that stupid ToO one witht the pipes.

Just catching up on this read and it sounds like you are just getting whooped adn cant take a good beating....

In every shooting game a snipe is on a one shot head shot, do you complain in Halo when you are sniped or in Gears or any other CoD?

No stop moaning about metas and enjoy the blooding game.

Sorry about the Rant but this got up in my títs.....:mad:

Sexy new Playstation Messages App (for Chat Rooms) for iPhone,

Same with Android. They've seperated out the messages to a new app, if you want to keep getting psn messages on your phone you will need to install it.

Can now use and view stuckers from your phone.

Is Golgoroths ENRAGE timer based on overall time spent on the encounter (5 or 10 mins etc), or number of times you take his gaze (initially) and lose it (6 cycles etc)?

I'm thinking something like 2, 3 or 4 pools would be best.

Before the demise of the Multi-pool strat before we had some great success with 4-pool (L1, R1, L2, R2)

Is Golgoroths ENRAGE timer based on overall time spent on the encounter (5 or 10 mins etc), or number of times you take his gaze (initially) and lose it (6 cycles etc)?

I'm thinking something like 2, 3 or 4 pools would be best.

Before the demise of the Multi-pool strat before we had some great success with 4-pool (L1, R1, L2, R2)
    Timer, just like all the other raid bosses.

• Advertisement

Timer, just like all the other bosses.

Hmmmm, now to just work out the optimum number of pools before all of the guys in the Pit are out of Black Spindle Ammo so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Think its 10 minutes

Hmmmm, now to just work out the optimum number of pools before all of the guys in the Pit are out of Black Spindle Ammo so :)

Definitely two. You can hold 21 bullets without an armour perk and usually get 9-12 shots per gaze.

Tell me which map is primarly a shotgun map?:
    - Anomoly
    - Caludron
    - that stupid ToO one witht the pipes.

Just catching up on this read and it sounds like you are just getting whooped adn cant take a good beating....

In every shooting game a snipe is on a one shot head shot, do you complain in Halo when you are sniped or in Gears or any other CoD?

No stop moaning about metas and enjoy the blooding game.

Sorry about the Rant but this got up in my títs.....:mad:

I think your a little over the top there Johnny.. All he said is a sniper should not be a viable option at close range (which it shouldnt)

Another point that was made was every gun in the game has been nerfed bar snipers. Snipers need a small nerf too now.

I personally would add a short delay to ADS time, reduce the overall ammo you can carry in PvP and maybe add a slight sway to the scope when scoped in for a long period or reduce Aim Assist.

Just to clarify the above - I'm **** with snipers and I can still do fairly OK with them.

Definitely two. You can hold 21 bullets without an armour perk and usually get 9-12 shots per gaze.

So on that Basis, you have the 1st person who gets the Bomb take the Gaze the 3rd time, and then just (essentially) waste the last 4 orbs?

The 2nd person who gets the bomb just has to jump away

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think your a little over the top there Johnny.. All he said is a sniper should not be a viable option at close range (which it shouldnt)

Another point that was made was every gun in the game has been nerfed bar snipers. Snipers need a small nerf too now.

I personally would add a short delay to ADS time, reduce the overall ammo you can carry in PvP and maybe add a slight sway to the scope when scoped in for a long period or reduce Aim Assist.

Just to clarify the above - I'm **** with snipers and I can still do fairly OK with them.

But again Emmet, nobody has any issues in every other FPS shoot, halo the snipe is a shotgun up close, in Gears you can do the same if you are skilled.

I feel that he is saying that snipers are to easy to use and that is why everyone is using them.

They are the most frustating gun in the game.... but get them right and they are the best. I wouldnt nerf the sniper I would bring up sidearms and fusion rifles to better include them but if you cant use one dont moan about them.

And if you dont like it play a different game. The game mechanics in this are so flush we will find anything to moan about....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

But you won't win many games of Control with 6 snipers 99% of the time.

Sounds like a Boards 3am Saturday morning anyone for PvP Challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Couldn't you just do it the 'normal' way but at the end of the first bubble a 2nd guy takes the gaze, then everyone jumps out and 'wastes' the gaze once each. Then continue on as if you were doing it the usual way with 1 bubble/1 gazer?

But again Emmet, nobody has any issues in every other FPS shoot, halo the snipe is a shotgun up close, in Gears you can do the same if you are skilled.

I feel that he is saying that snipers are to easy to use and that is why everyone is using them.

They are the most frustating gun in the game.... but get them right and they are the best. I wouldnt nerf the sniper I would bring up sidearms and fusion rifles to better include them but if you cant use one dont moan about them.

And if you dont like it play a different game. The game mechanics in this are so flush we will find anything to moan about....

COD was rife with complaints about Snipers. I never played Gears multiplayer and only played a little Halo multiplayer so can't comment there.

That's my point though I very rarely use Snipers but when I do I can still pick off headshots very easily.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Couldn't you just do it the 'normal' way but at the end of the first bubble a 2nd guy takes the gaze, then everyone jumps out and 'wastes' the gaze once each. Then continue on as if you were doing it the usual way with 1 bubble/1 gazer?

You'd be running a bit close to the ENRAGE timer then in my experience if you're doing it with a team who isn't all very experienced and 310+ and have Black Spindle.

Personally I prefer to work on strategies that the everyman can do as it makes it easier when you have people come and go in different Raid groups.

Working on a strategy which requires enough DPS to ensure you DON'T enrage using 1-orb is fine if we're running it with some of our most experienced players, but then people become TOO reliant on that and you have 2 new players come in or someone on their Alt who is 305 or something and then it all starts going to s**t.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement