Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

AdamD wrote: »
    Couldn't you just do it the 'normal' way but at the end of the first bubble a 2nd guy takes the gaze, then everyone jumps out and 'wastes' the gaze once each. Then continue on as if you were doing it the usual way with 1 bubble/1 gazer?

The 6 players have to take the gaze every round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The 6 players have to take the gaze every round.

Doesn't appear to be so, the group I watched did 6 in the first run then killed him with the first orb of the second run. Just depends on whether you're allowed to lose it on any run without killing him/all six getting it.

@Cormac: No reason to not be 310 if you're doing challenge mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

So basically this weeks challenge is to have all 6 players take the gaze at some stage? So the 2 orb method, the method which everyone was doing at the start needs to be done but it's 2 different gaze holders / set of orbs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Well there you have it folks:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-08-bungie-talks-destiny-the-taken-kings-event-focused-future
    "Derek Carroll: "With Taken King we are moving to a more event-based model - things like Festival of the Lost and Sparrow racing, which is our winter event, and then smaller events such as Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris every weekend.

"Rather than doing these giant, monolithic DLC packs, this way everybody who's an owner of Taken King can enjoy these things."

Not everyone in our Clan is No Lifing this game, and many of them Work Nights, have just had Babies and some even live in other Countries.

In fact there's only about 30 VERY Hardcore and another 30 or so Hardcore Players.

There's TONNES of reasons NOT to be 310, and those things are called "Real-Life Commitments" or "Other Games"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,251 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    reckon destiny will be dying come March at best without a new raid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Doesn't appear to be so, the group I watched did 6 in the first run then killed him with the first orb of the second run. Just depends on whether you're allowed to lose it on any run without killing him/all six getting it.

But if they killed him on the first orb of the second run there would be no way to transfer the gaze because he's dead :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not everyone in our Clan is No Lifing this game, and many of them Work Nights, have just had Babies and some even live in other Countries.

In fact there's only about 30 VERY Hardcore and another 30 or so Hardcore Players.

There's TONNES of reasons NOT to be 310, and those things are called "Real-Life Commitments" or "Other Games"

I specified 'if you're doing challenge mode'. If you're not even 310 why worry about it?

reckon destiny will be dying come March at best without a new raid

Between people getting games at X-Mass and any Sales in January etc, that'll be it.

Will end up being a 1-day a week thing (on Tuesdays maybe)

But ya know, what, I'm ok with that.

I mean I'd LOVE new DLC (missions, strikes, Raids etc).

But if they put those resources on Destiny 2... I personally don't mind the game calming down a bit and playing other stuff (that was always Bungievisions intention)

At least we'll always have Drunk-PvP eh? :pac:

Between people getting games at X-Mass and any Sales in January etc, that'll be it.

Will end up being a 1-day a week thing (on Tuesdays maybe)

But ya know, what, I'm ok with that.

I mean I'd LOVE new DLC (missions, strikes, Raids etc).

But if they put those resources on Destiny 2... I personally don't mind the game calming down a bit and playing other stuff (that was always Bungievisions intention)

At least we'll always have Drunk-PvP eh? :pac:
    yeah, it's grand from a player perspective, moving to other games. But from a bungie perspective their player engagement is gonna drop massively, which is surely what they'd be working against happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I completed this earlier today.

All you need to do is make sure everyone in the team takes the gaze, thats it.

Its very easy almost as easy as the warpriest. No need to worry about taking down all the orbs etc

yeah, it's grand from a player perspective, moving to other games. But from a bungie perspective their player engagement is gonna drop massively, which is surely what they'd be working against happening.

I thin they are quiet happy for people to pop on 2 days a week most of the time, and grind a week a month (say for IB or SRL) and grind hard then for the next 9 months.

I mean if Destiny 2 Launches in September, that's actually really not quiet that far away. Especially if they start build the hype in April or something.

They are probably happy enough for there to be a gap of weeks/months with small spikes for IB, ToO, Weapons Balancing, New Live Events etc

I dunno, just speculating.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I read that as "No more worthwhile new content before destiny 2"

Like sparrow racing might be fun, but rubbish like festival of the lost should be seen as no more than a novelty.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I read that as "No more worthwhile new content before destiny 2"

Like sparrow racing might be fun, but rubbish like festival of the lost should be seen as no more than a novelty.

I don't think there's any other way of reading it to be honest.

I can see it now: "That's right Guardians, we're adding a Taken-filled Devils Lair THIS March Woohoo!!!"

:/

So who is up for Gogleballs later? I'd like to start at 7pm or so.

N0-Cal can confirm the time in your region, I'm sure that's about 7:45pm in the Pale :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ill give golg a bash if your running normal, hopefully im home around 7/7:30 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Wont be able to get on until 8-8.30 tonight myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

N0-Cal can confirm the time in your region, I'm sure that's about 7:45pm in the Pale :P

7 pm in the Pale is 7 pm. Now 7 pm Cork time is...eh...maybe 7:20 - 8:10 pm.

Honestly, I only have an idea of what 5 minutes Cork time is...I do not now the exact delay profile to be applied.

I am guessing it will be closer to 7:20 as you will not be doing the nightfall.

I would be up for hard at 7 pm Cork time.

I'll be on for it tonight - will be on from around 6 or so, will just be doing crucible bounties til we're good to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Don't forget challenges can be run on NM too.

• Advertisement

Reading up on the challenge, it looks as if a 2 orb strat might be the easiest way to do this. Probably the best balance between DPS'ing Golgoroth and fulfilling the challenge requirements.

First bomb holder becomes gaze holder number 3. Then go to 4,5,6.

Might get a bit hairy once the taken spawn, but it should be possible to finish him on the second pool at this stage.

nocal wrote: »
    7 pm in the Pale is 7 pm. Now 7 pm Cork time is...eh...maybe 7:20 - 8:10 pm.

Honestly, I only have an idea of what 5 minutes Cork time is...I do not now the exact delay profile to be applied.

I am guessing it will be closer to 7:20 as you will not be doing the nightfall.

I would be up for hard at 7 pm Cork time.

Let's just say 8pm Pale-Time and I'll send a rider to the King of Cork to see what time that is here. So depending on how hard he pushes the horse I should be ok for 8pm Pale-Time
    Wont be able to get on until 8-8.30 tonight myself.

Fine but I'm putting a ban on discussing unrelated weapons, perks, armour, patches, etc for Golgoroth.

So get it ALL out of your system during the Tomb Ship Jumping Section :pac:
    I'll be on for it tonight - will be on from around 6 or so, will just be doing crucible bounties til we're good to go.

Playing some more Salvage eh? ;)
    Reading up on the challenge, it looks as if a 2 orb strat might be the easiest way to do this. Probably the best balance between DPS'ing Golgoroth and fulfilling the challenge requirements.

First bomb holder becomes gaze holder number 3. Then go to 4,5,6.

Might get a bit hairy once the taken spawn, but it should be possible to finish him on the second pool at this stage.

+1 to this.

2-Pool all the way. 1 tether each time, have the Weapons of Light between the 2 pools.

You could even have Gaze Holder 2 jump in for a few seconds to get a clip of Sniper ammo off, then have them jump out and use Sleeper Simulate to 1-shot the 2nd Orb and then take the gaze. Ideal role for whoever has SS but not Black Spindle (levelled up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

+1 to this.

2-Pool all the way. 1 tether each time, have the Weapons of Light between the 2 pools.

You could even have Gaze Holder 2 jump in for a few seconds to get a clip of Sniper ammo off, then have them jump out and use Sleeper Simulate to 1-shot the 2nd Orb and then take the gaze. Ideal role for whoever has SS but not Black Spindle (levelled up)

No need to do two pools, one is enough

Bohrio wrote: »

I heard you in September :pac:

Let's just say 8pm Pale-Time and I'll send a rider to the King of Cork to see what time that is here. So depending on how hard he pushes the horse I should be ok for 8pm Pale-Time

Fine but I'm putting a ban on discussing unrelated weapons, perks, armour, patches, etc for Golgoroth.

+1 to this.

Don't have a BS myself but my Sleeper is 317. Can deal with the second orb no problem.

I'd worry about getting from the pit, into position (R3? R1?) and getting the shot off for transferring the gaze though.

I'd say gaze holder one should (if possible) sleeper the second orb as soon as the gaze is transferred and then jump down themselves. Second gaze holder turns G originally and just stays up to ensure no issues (hopefully) in transferring.

+1 to this.

+1 to the bit in bold :pac:

Or..instead of distracting Golgy, you take his gaze. Then take L1 down, transfer the gaze. At 5 seconds transfer the gaze and take R1 down. Then you only have to transfer the gaze to 4,5 and 6.

Send my greetings to the King of Cork and ask him how that butler I sent him is working out? :D

Bohrio wrote: »

In terms of overall time and DPS, I would say getting some second pool DPS in would take pressure off a possible enrage. We have got near that a few times on the one orb strat.

I'd worry about getting from the pit, into position (R3? R1?) and getting the shot off for transferring the gaze though.

I'd say gaze holder one should (if possible) sleeper the second orb as soon as the gaze is transferred and then jump down themselves. Second gaze holder turns G originally and just stays up to ensure no issues (hopefully) in transferring.

For the 2nd Pool, you will be jumping out to R2, 1-shotting the orb, shooting him to get the Gaze, then moving to R1 (from R2).

Aiming R2 -> L1 (where I'll take Gaze-1) gives you a 135 degree line of sight on his back (more than enough)
    In terms of overall time and DPS, I would say getting some second pool DPS in would take pressure off a possible enrage. We have got near that a few times on the one orb strat.

Yeah, I blame Alcohol and Gaze-Puns
    Or..instead of distracting Golgy, you take his gaze. Then take L1 down, transfer the gaze. At 5 seconds transfer the gaze and take R1 down. Then you only have to transfer the gaze to 4,5 and 6.

Nah, F**k that, too different and new and confusing and hard and no....

3qewa3.jpg

For the 2nd Pool, you will be jumping out to R2, 1-shotting the orb, shooting him to get the Gaze, then moving to R1 (from R2).

Aiming R2 -> L1 (where I'll take Gaze-1) gives you a 135 degree line of sight on his back (more than enough)

Yeah, I blame Alcohol and Gaze-Puns
    Just not sure of the timing in terms of getting some decent DPS into him, jumping out, turning, aiming and taking the gaze (sometimes it doesn't go on first shot) - obviously we can give it a few runs to work on timing though.

• Advertisement

Just not sure of the timing in terms of getting some decent DPS into him, jumping out, turning, aiming and taking the gaze (sometimes it doesn't go on first shot) - obviously we can give it a few runs to work on timing though.

If you start the Run at L1 (by me), and ONLY shoot 1-clip of Sniper Ammo, Jump to L2, SS-1-Shot Orb L1, SS-Shot his Exposed Back, it shouldn't be a problem, just a have faith. Sounds complicated but you have 15 seconds overall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement