Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

In terms of overall time and DPS, I would say getting some second pool DPS in would take pressure off a possible enrage. We have got near that a few times on the one orb strat.

You can take golgo down in just one gaze if you wanted to.

I think people are over thinking this. It is quite simple.

Assign fix orbs, 1,2, 3 etc.

Take L1 down, then before you run out of gaze time have number 2 taking the second gaze, after that there is no need to take down any more orbs. Just keep switching the gaze as quickly as possible. If you want you could take down one more orb but do it with orb number 6.

If you do one orb per cycle and time it right, you will bring him down to 1/3 on your second run. Then you will only need to do 2 more cycles and there is no need to worry about the taken (at least not too much)..

Easy peasy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,251 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    If you start the Run at L1 (by me), and ONLY shoot 1-clip of Sniper Ammo, Jump to L2, SS-1-Shot Orb L1, SS-Shot his Exposed Back, it shouldn't be a problem, just a have faith. Sounds complicated but you have 15 seconds overall.

So someone else is distracting him? Yeah, could get a clip in easy enough without having to run from the other side first.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

In terms of overall time and DPS, I would say getting some second pool DPS in would take pressure off a possible enrage. We have got near that a few times on the one orb strat.

Not sure if this is a go-er; but could you do damage on the first and last gaze? Start as normal with L1, then quickly transfer the gaze between every one else. For the last gaze holder you have 5 people who can then drop R1 and do damage without worrying about having to worry about getting the gaze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Honestly 6-Pool was not a problem until people got lazy (myself and few other Gaze-Holders were rocking that without issue).

4-Pool was not a problem until people got lazy.

1-Pool was grand, it was easiest.

Until everyone had gotten so lazy that it was the only strategy anyone was doing anymore.

I have the utmost confidence in myself, Cal, Sniper, Conovar, X and Y to get this done in the most overly convoluted method while having a laugh about it in the process

So someone else is distracting him? Yeah, could get a clip in easy enough without having to run from the other side first.

Yes, 2 other players will be responsible for turning him (let's just Say Cal and 1 more, we can assign that later) initially.
    nevelator wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a go-er; but could you do damage on the first and last gaze? Start as normal with L1, then quickly transfer the gaze between every one else. For the last gaze holder you have 5 people who can then drop R1 and do damage without worrying about having to worry about getting the gaze.

You can't do Damage to Golgoroth while holding the Gaze,

I can go down once Conovar takes the Gaze and do DPS on the 2nd Orb no probs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Honestly 6-Pool was not a problem until people got lazy (myself and few other Gaze-Holders were rocking that without issue).

Until everyone had gotten so lazy that it was the only strategy anyone was doing anymore.

I have the utmost confidence in myself, Cal, Sniper, Conovar, X and Y to get this done in the most overly convoluted method while having a laugh about it in the process

Yup especially with the aid of Random bubbles...and speaking of which....I will be shooting down a Random orb each run :pac:

nocal wrote: »
    Yup especially with the aid of Random bubbles...and speaking of which....I will be shooting down a Random orb each run :pac:

Cool, let's us know when to G-Horn Crota too please as I'm blinded by Times Vengeance

Lol

I use to do the 6 pool strat and it was fine. On normal... try now on hard, no deaths, no repeating gaze, the bomb etc... It is not easy... I tried with randoms and people kept dying and getting confused. The bomb guy would have to leave and then forget he was the gaze taker etc.

I bet you it will take you 1 h before you consider the 1 orb strat. I am not saying is not possible I am saying that it is difficult compared to the 1 orb strat.

I did it on my 2nd attempt and that was with randoms. If I was playing with my raid team I would have attempted the 6 orbs strategy otherwise... maybe. 1 orb strategy was so easy tbh.

It is not about being lazy it is about being effective. Same as the no knight strategy... specially if you play with randoms!

I can do both fine but I admit no knights and 1 orb strats are the easiest.

Bohrio wrote: »
    Lol

I use to do the 6 pool strat and it was fine. On normal... try now on hard, no deaths, no repeating gaze, the bomb etc...

I bet you it will take you 1 h before you consider the 1 orb strat. I am not saying is not possible I am saying that it is difficult compared to the 1 orb strat.

I did it on my 2nd attempt and that was with randoms. If I was playing with my raid team I would have attempted the 6 orbs strategy otherwise... maybe. 1 orb strategy was so easy tbh.

It is not about being lazy it is about being effective. Same as the no knight strategy... specially if you play with randoms!

My point wasn't "Oh let's do it with 6-Pools on Challenge Mode" my point was dumbing down the strategy and sacrificing on the Optimum (DPS timing wise) strategy is impactful to groups who play with a large ammount of players who come in and out.

I could not be f**ked playing with Randoms tbh, that's never been why I wanted too play this game. I've done the odd raid or two with LFG players, but never have had the same fun.

The drops don't bother me. The fun, jokes and friends you spend time with is why i'm still here.

I'd rather pi$$ around for an hour or 2 with the lads trying different things and not just go into the easiest mode straight away.... well at least for the 1st week of challenge mode

Me, Cal and Conovar all agree we want to do 2-Pool, so as far as I'm concerned, why not?

2 or 3 pools would have been fine for Hard and Challenge modes also. If people hadn't been Lazy Day-1 going straight to 1-Pool and leaving a gap in the amount of users the clan has who have experience doing more than 1-pool I'd be more than happy to try 3 or even 4 pool for the laugh. 6-pool, not so much :p

Bohrio wrote: »

I hate the no knight strategy - far more open to ad killings, ogre killings, being killed by the corrupted light cause you can't get back in time (because the ogre wandered over to the far corner).

Knight strategy is far more controllable.

• Advertisement

My point wasn't "Oh let's do it with 6-Pools on Challenge Mode" my point was dumbing down the strategy and sacrificing on the Optimum (DPS timing wise) strategy is impactful to groups who play with a large ammount of players who come in and out.

I could not be f**ked playing with Randoms tbh, that's never been why I wanted too play this game. I've done the odd raid or two with LFG players, but never have had the same fun.

The drops don't bother me. The fun, jokes and friends you spend time with is why i'm still here.

I'd rather pi$$ around for an hour or 2 with the lads trying different things and not just go into the easiest mode straight away.... well at least for the 1st week of challenge mode

Me, Cal and Conovar all agree we want to do 2-Pool, so as far as I'm concerned, why not?

2 or 3 pools would have been fine for Hard and Challenge modes also. If people hadn't been Lazy Day-1 going straight to 1-Pool and leaving a gap in the amount of users the clan has who have experience doing more than 1-pool I'd be more than happy to try 3 or even 4 pool for the laugh. 6-pool, not so much :p

The problem i see with multi orb strategies is you can't afford to have anyone die (at least in the first round, after that it depends on what and how you are doing) - and the longer you stay in the pit the longer you give the cursed thralls to blow you up.

That's fine and it is a great way of playing it. Didnt mean it in a bad way. I personally prefer to do 1 and 6 instead of 1 and 2 as it gives you more time to take adds down and to secure positions/orbs. If you do the 1 orb strat and dont put enough damage you will need to do 2 orbs in 1 cycle. Doing 2 orbs per cycle will remove this problem.
    I hate the no knight strategy - far more open to ad killings, ogre killings, being killed by the corrupted light cause you can't get back in time (because the ogre wandered over to the far corner).

Knight strategy is far more controllable.

Totally agree, however, like Cormac has said, people go for the easiest strat, no knight in this case, as you only need 2-3 good players to do it all that everyone else need to do is hide so if you are playing with randoms and not very skillful player (or with high enough level) that's the strategy you want to use
    The problem i see with multi orb strategies is you can't afford to have anyone die (at least in the first round, after that it depends on what and how you are doing) - and the longer you stay in the pit the longer you give the cursed thralls to blow you up.

Exactly the main problem when doing more than 1 orb, risk of dying increases, hence why if you are doing more than 1 orb, doing 1 and 6 (orb) is the best one IMO, but this is something i just come up with so in the end is whatever you feel more comfortable doing.

Well to be fair "Don't Die" has always been an issue for the 1st 3 months of a Raid :pac:

that new message app is already pissing me off.

I can't sign out of the damned thing. I signed out of the main app. I signed out of the message app. and STILL I get 'You have a message from xxx'.

Stop wasting my data and battery.... STOP VIBRATING. Why can't I turn off tones/vibration like I could in the previous version of the main app.

GOD DAMN IT SONY.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

that new message app is already pissing me off.

I can't sign out of the damned thing. I signed out of the main app. I signed out of the message app. and STILL I get 'You have a message from xxx'.

There's an option to turn off notifications in the settings section of the app.

nevelator wrote: »
    There's an option to turn off notifications in the settings section of the app.

when i am signed in, I want the notifications - but I don't want my phone buzzing every time. In the previous app you could turn off notification tones (which turned off the vibration as well). You can't in this new message app, they are either on or not.

The bigger issue is it won't actually sign me out. it looks like it has signed out, but no - keeps buzzing with notifications.

Deleted the app, not having that buzzing beside me in work all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

when i am signed in, I want the notifications - but I don't want my phone buzzing every time. In the previous app you could turn off notification tones (which turned off the vibration as well). You can't in this new message app, they are either on or not.

The bigger issue is it won't actually sign me out. it looks like it has signed out, but no - keeps buzzing with notifications.

Deleted the app, not having that buzzing beside me in work all day.

If you are on Android go into the app settings and force stop the app. It won't run in the background again until you reopen the app manually.

If you are on Android go into the app settings and force stop the app. It won't run in the background again until you reopen the app manually.

on iOS since the digitizer on my HTC gave up working and I was too lazy to sort it out with my insurance company. I really should get on to them about it... I miss my HTC.

on iOS since the digitizer on my HTC gave up working and I was too lazy to sort it out with my insurance company. I really should get on to them about it... I miss my HTC.

Why would you want "Notifications On"?

Just leave em off and check the App when you have downtime. It's not like there's anything URGENT happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What's this No Knight Strategy ? On Xbox we usually just kill everything at Oryx :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Why would you want "Notifications On"?

Just leave em off and check the App when you have downtime. It's not like there's anything URGENT happening

And if the worst comes to the worst, there is alway this:

371047.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

j3h5wf.jpg

I should be on around 10 tonight to join in the challenge mode fun.
    Hard for the Warlock, and hopefully give my Titan his first run in normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'll be looking to run challenge mode at ~11 tonight if anyone is around that late?

Will try to get on earlier if possible.

If I haven't gotten it done by then, I'll happily join you Chimp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

I'll be up for challenge mode after the football (around 10pm). Even if it's just to get the checkpoint on all three characters

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Im gonna run the Saber Strike and get me my sleeper tonight on my Titan and get my hunter from level 38 to 40. If I have time after I might start up my new warlock :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Im gonna run the Saber Strike and get me my sleeper tonight on my Titan and get my hunter from level 38 to 40. If I have time after I might start up my new warlock :D

I'm at that stage too. Is it a guaranteed drop? I was reading online that it's recommended you drop a 3oC before you kill the boss. I''m all out til Friday.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm at that stage too. Is it a guaranteed drop? I was reading online that it's recommended you drop a 3oC before you kill the boss. I''m all out til Friday.

Sleeper is a guaranteed drop yeah.

• Advertisement

Once you have done all the steps then you get the sleeper as your reward regardless so no need for 3oC. Altho i need to farm my 3oC tonight aswell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement