Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Once you have done all the steps then you get the sleeper as your reward regardless so no need for 3oC. Altho i need to farm my 3oC tonight aswell.

Just the warsat bits to do first and I'll do the Saber strike with you later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's this No Knight Strategy ? On Xbox we usually just kill everything at Oryx :/

I think once the runner gets the orb he doesn't slam the knight in the middle, instead everyone jumps up to the sisters towers and shoot oryx. Once he staggers, finish off the orgre's (which should be at a sliver of health) and then run to the bombs and continue as normal.
    I think I read some-where that when you do this , less ads spawn and also on heroic the bomb eating knights don't spawn either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,251 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Why would you want "Notifications On"?

Just leave em off and check the App when you have downtime. It's not like there's anything URGENT happening

I've missed many a raid with that attitude. Such as last night. Twice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

CDBWhoop wrote: »

Once you do the warsats and the archive mission you hand it in to the gunsmith and have to wait until the daily reset but I can do it tomorrow with ya dude even if I get it done tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

any-one on xbox looking to do the golgoroth challenge tonight , either normal or heroic ? . Been said here already it can be done on one orb, seen this video about rotating the gaze,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IFKWxs11a8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CDBWhoop wrote: »

I'm at the same part. Probably won't get a chance to do the warsats until the weekend though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'm at the same part. Probably won't get a chance to do the warsats until the weekend though.

Make sure you get the destiny public games app as its handy as hell for getting it done quicker

Actually who needs to do sword quests aswell this week?
    I dont mind running a few of them to help people out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

syboit wrote: »
    I think once the runner gets the orb he doesn't slam the knight in the middle, instead everyone jumps up to the sisters towers and shoot oryx. Once he staggers, finish off the orgre's (which should be at a sliver of health) and then run to the bombs and continue as normal.
    I think I read some-where that when you do this , less ads spawn and also on heroic the bomb eating knights don't spawn either

Pretty much this- we have done it this way a couple of times, it's no more difficult as long as you can mind yourself on the platform from ogre fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's this No Knight Strategy ? On Xbox we usually just kill everything at Oryx :/

Just kill all the things "Simples" :)

• Advertisement

thebag89 wrote: »

Kill them Baccccckkkkk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

thebag89 wrote: »

+1 to this.

Use good guns to shoot the enemies in their heads and don't die

60% of the time, it works every time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Or do it the 007/Tom Clancy way and dont bother with menial knights n ****!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

When is this srl patch hitting, 6pm?

Should be 6pm, Bungie Help on Twitter says 10am PST.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

Should be 6pm, Bungie Help on Twitter says 10am PST.

Is this the sexy patch with the new exotics & sparrow racing?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Or do it the 007/Tom Clancy way and dont bother with menial knights n ****!!!!

Looking forward to his new book.

"Lt Johnson just straight up dropped his Weapons of Light, it was all I could do to Triple Jump up to it before popping my Purple Bow and Arrow made from an Absence of Light"

Same tactics they are trialling in Peacekeeping missions now I believe

thegame983 wrote: »
    Is this the sexy patch with the new exotics & sparrow racing?

I do believe so.

Can't wait for later.

"Mine is Stuck"
    "Pause it and Start it Again"
    "Mines not Downloading"
    "Check your DL Notifications"
    "Is anybody else having problems downloading?"
    "This is a disaster, I only ever get to play for 45 mins a week"
    "I'm gonna give Fallout a bash"
    "Pause it and It'll go faster"
    "Whats the deal with this patch"

Ad-Nauseaum :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Make sure you get the destiny public games app as its handy as hell for getting it done quicker

The app is great, but it's a devil when it's 'eliminate the target' as opposed to a bloody warsat. Earth was a pain in the hole for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

syboit wrote: »
    any-one on xbox looking to do the golgoroth challenge tonight , either normal or heroic ? . Been said here already it can be done on one orb, seen this video about rotating the gaze,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IFKWxs11a8

Should be on from around 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Done the challenge again twice. Using the 1 and 6 gaze/orb strategy.

Easiest strategy by far IMO so if you are stuck later try doing this

Basically do the first orb, then cycle/swap gazed until you get to the 6th gazer and then take down the 2nd orb (i normally use front left as 1st orb and 1st right for the 2nd) and that's it.

Clear adds in between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Can't wait for later.

"Mine is Stuck"
    "Mines not Downloading"

You forgot
    Ah ffs, it's redownloading the whole 18GB Taken King patch!
    :pac:

i reckon it is going to be a small patch - one of those quick ones done from the game itself. Fingers crossed anyway.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

i reckon it is going to be a small patch - one of those quick ones done from the game itself. Fingers crossed anyway.

It's not from inside the game but it's only 700mb or so, downloading it now.

Bohrio wrote: »
    Done the challenge again twice. Using the 1 and 6 gaze/orb strategy.

Easiest strategy by far IMO so if you are stuck later try doing this

Basically do the first orb, then cycle/swap gazed until you get to the 6th gazer and then take down the 2nd orb (i normally use front left as 1st orb and 1st right for the 2nd) and that's it.

Clear adds in between.

This, this I can get on board with

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's not from inside the game but it's only 700mb or so, downloading it now.

bugger. should only take 4 hours or so to download, hopefully. unless, as sniper says, I have to download the entire taken king update, again. which happened last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can't wait for later.

"Mine is Stuck"
    "Mines not Downloading"

Just to upset you even more - there's a Fallout patch.... :P

Please don't fix the glitch Bethesda... :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So from first race....turn off your hair triggers on the XB1 elite controller as you will go slower with them on.

Alos, races use three of coins, I got an exotic engram at the end of my first race.

• Advertisement

Nightfalls now awards +500 Vanguard Rep on first completion per character per week.

No blue flames though :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement