Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Done 2 NF's and got 3 exotics then went in and done a sparrow race and got another one :D

Ill be farming later in the hope of adding more to my collection :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Done 2 NF's and got 3 exotics then went in and done a sparrow race and got another one :D

Ill be farming later in the hope of adding more to my collection :P

All from 3oc? Or were they 'rewards'.

I'm not sure how 30c is supposed to work on the sparrow racing. Usually an exotic engram just falls out of an Ultra.....then you get your nightfall rewards in the post game screen. I presume the exotic from sparrow racing is in the post game screen?

Also mdid anyone notice how the first of the sheild brothers to fall didn't drop any loot or use a 3oc? They must have changed that a bit.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

thegame983 wrote: »

I'm not sure how 30c is supposed to work on the sparrow racing. Usually an exotic engram just falls out of an Ultra.....then you get your nightfall rewards in the post game screen. I presume the exotic from sparrow racing is in the post game screen?

Also mdid anyone notice how the first of the sheild brothers to fall didn't drop any loot or use a 3oc? They must have changed that a bit.

The engram pops at the end of the race before it goes to the rewards screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The engram pops at the end of the race before it goes to the rewards screen.

1. Do you have to win to get an exotic?
    2. Is it easy to win?
    3. Do you think I could win? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Because the sparrow racing counts as a crucible match not only can you use 3oC but you can also use it to do the first part of the Jolly Holiday quest chain for the chaperone - might be handy for anyone that was struggling with it. Just equip the gun and try not to let the sparrow explode is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I am not a smart man, was complaining that I couldn't brake in SRL.

Forgot to use BOTH analogue sticks to turn..... was just using the left one..... like an Idiot

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    2. Is it easy to win?

1. No
    2. Yes
    3. I believe in you

Cormac... wrote: »
    I am not a smart man, was complaining that I couldn't brake in SRL.

Forgot to use BOTH analogue sticks to turn..... was just using the left one..... like an Idiot

If you use your bumper/strafe when turning you turn instantly and get a speed boost.

As soon as i started the sparrow racing i completely forgot all the sparrow commands that i had been previously using without issue and had to google what they were :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

1 was a reward for the NF the other 2 were drops :D

Shield bros used 3oC for me on the first one and i popped again on the second in both my games.

If you use your bumper/strafe when turning you turn instantly and get a speed boost.

As soon as i started the sparrow racing i completely forgot all the sparrow commands that i had been previously using without issue and had to google what they were :/

"Completed a Race with the Handbrake Up" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

1. No
    2. Yes
    3. I believe in you

Watch out for 'Mick's Pilar' on Mars :D

gimli2112 wrote: »
    2. Is it easy to win?

1: Nope i came in 4th :P
    2: Its not "easy" to win but its not too bad once you get the hand of the maps etc.
    3: Its not a case of thinking you can win its a case of we believe you can win :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Because the sparrow racing counts as a crucible match not only can you use 3oC but you can also use it to do the first part of the Jolly Holiday quest chain for the chaperone - might be handy for anyone that was struggling with it. Just equip the gun and try not to let the sparrow explode is all.

Interesting....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Watch out for 'Mick's Pilar' on Mars :D

Is that one off the ramp before the giant spinny yolks.

Yes, I'm very well acquainted with it :(

Yes, I'm very well acquainted with it :(

I was way in the lead in a race last night and forgot all about that, had to claw my way back to 3rd from last place cos of that stupid pillar :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

Very Interesting.....So what kind of % do you get for completing a race? I know it's 3% for winning a crucible match.

This quest has upset me more than any other. I've up to 90%+ twice and got bumped back down.

It is. Within the first hour it got named this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Very Interesting.....So what kind of % do you get for completing a race? I know it's 3% for winning a crucible match.

This quest has upset me more than any other. I've up to 90%+ twice and got bumped back down.

It was 3% for me per race. I'm gonna grind it out tonight! I know bungie like to patch these little things faster than actual bugs! (probably because they are easier to patch & they also need to patch the legs not decrypting bug as well)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

There is also apparently a glitch with the record book rewards where after a race you can go to Tess and just look at the book to receive them instead of having to purchase it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Was convinced I'd never do this. Woke up hungover one morning and it was in the mid 70%. I just went real careful from then on. When game was nearly over and we were winning I'd equip TLW, Hammers about to pop equip it, going well equip etc. Didn't take too long. Got it to 100% and the next stage didn't activate - actually had to get a % over before it did, which was weird.

Anyone interested in doing 2 more quick Gargleballs kills at 7:30? I have the CP (thanks to Chimp)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,251 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyone interested in doing 2 more quick Gargleballs kills at 7:30? I have the CP (thanks to Chimp)

Yes, I'm in for that.

There is also apparently a glitch with the record book rewards where after a race you can go to Tess and just look at the book to receive them instead of having to purchase it.

Yeah, just look at the book and hit a or whatever on the reward node if you have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Deffo up for one run...possibly the two. See you at 8? :D

(Will be ready at 730).

Yes, I'm in for that.

I'm up for it if I'm home in time.

Yeah, just look at the book and hit a or whatever on the reward node if you have it.

Do you not have to buy that book for silver ?

If it was working properly, yes. But the glitch is you can look at it at using Y and just hit A on the reward nodes for the ones you have completed. So if you have raced 25 times on mars hit A on that node and you get whatever the reward is.

Yes, but the premium rewards you can get from it are glitched and being given out by just previewing it at Tess instead of having to purchase it.

• Advertisement

If it was working properly, yes. But the glitch is you can look at it at using Y and just hit A on the reward nodes for the ones you have completed. So if you have raced 25 times on mars hit A on that node and you get whatever the reward is.

Ah right. So if there was no glitch there would be rewards locked behind a pay wall ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement