Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ah right. So if there was no glitch there would be rewards locked behind a pay wall ?

An Emblem and Sparrow it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    An Emblem and Sparrow it seems

Still not right. Bungie said that rewards would not be locked away.

This could be the Start of a slippery slope into pay to win.

Still not right. Bungie said that rewards would not be locked away.

This could be the Start of a slippery slope into pay to win.

The Emblem is an Emblem, The Sparrow is a Re-skin of one that can drop for free when you get X-License (correct me if i'm wrong here ,might just be a regular SLR drop). So essentially they are just cosmetics. Cosmetics with an E-Penis Measuring Tape and Log to record your results

EDIT: Oh and a Level 3 Helm. I got the Helm to drop in my 2nd game last night

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

E-Penis Measuring Tape and Log to record your results

I need it :eek::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I need it :eek::pac:

Sorry they don't measure that small :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

:eek: i know but its worth hoping for :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonny24ie wrote: »
    :eek: i know but its worth hoping for :pac:

5066741+_9ab861a752556a90d9aa1efd2c7462b3.png
    g1395957297383299267.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

Anyone interested in doing 2 more quick Gargleballs kills at 7:30? I have the CP (thanks to Chimp)

I'll be up for that. If you're already full I'd like to grab the checkpoint if that's cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

syboit wrote: »
    Can you tell me how many rounds of damage did it take you (normal or hard) ?

You could kill him id say with three cycles of damage. A cycle being of 2 bubbles and all 6 taking the gaze.weapons of light and melting point seem to be the best for damage. He was down to a speck of health after the third cycle so we just popped another bubble and down he went.we had a fair amount of wipes before that. Took us a good hour to get the strategy right.

There's a good few of us gone Into the black book :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,251 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You could kill him id say with three cycles of damage. A cycle being of 2 bubbles and all 6 taking the gaze.weapons of light and melting point seem to be the best for damage. He was down to a speck of health after the third cycle so we just popped another bubble and down he went.we had a fair amount of wipes before that. Took us a good hour to get the strategy right.

There's a good few of us gone Into the black book :)

Yeah - took us an age to get the strategy decided.

We started with trying to do pool one, then pool two (L1, R1) and then swap after the second pool - got messy with cursed thralls though.

Then decided we'd do pool 1, do the swaps and then do the second pool are the last gaze - meaning we could clear out the ads and stop the cursed thralls from wrecking us. We had a couple of Black Spindles so I just stayed up top shooting thralls.

When the taken came in I just chucked a bunch of hammers (I was a titan, obv) at the lads in the second pool - surrounding them with solar flares, which kept the taken away from them.

Once we had that plan in place it was only a few runs to get a couple of people used to taken out Golgoroths flying balls.

• Advertisement

If you use some Motes of Light it fixes the Current Black-Spindle isn't levelled up glitch introduced yesterday

If you use some Motes of Light it fixes the Current Black-Spindle isn't levelled up glitch introduced yesterday

Have to get me a spindle first :(

Anyone up for tier 3 Court of Oryx tonight?

Anyone up for tier 3 Court of Oryx tonight?

Yeah I have to do tier 2 and 3 for fragments :) I see CDB liked the post so he is in too, we could give him a hand with his sleeper simulant quest if it opened for him aswell.

Sounds good to me.
    I'll be on around 10.

Sounds good to me.
    I'll be on around 10.

Ah thats grand ill be on at that stage in anyway so just drop me a message :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Yeah Jolly Holiday Quest something something Antiquated Runes something something. Should be on by 9 if not before.

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Yeah Jolly Holiday Quest something something Antiquated Runes something something. Should be on by 9 if not before.

Grand job ill see you then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Anyone interested in doing 2 more quick Gargleballs kills at 7:30? I have the CP (thanks to Chimp)

eE5Y6h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

any of the xbox lads trying golgoroth tonight ? I should be on later 9.30ish...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Tempted to pick this up again... Almost a year since I kicked the habit...

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

erkifino wrote: »
    Tempted to pick this up again... Almost a year since I kicked the habit...

53184609.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

I should be on around that time if your stuck for people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,251 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

well f*ck you RNG.

Run Nightfall - a fecking sparrow horn.
    Complete Crucible Nightfall bounties - a blu engram.

WHAT. THE. F*CK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

SGA

R stands for random :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

well f*ck you RNG.

Run Nightfall - a fecking sparrow horn.
    Complete Crucible Nightfall bounties - a blu engram.

WHAT. THE. F*CK?

Thats where you went wrong...running them in the 1st place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I am on for golgy tonight with 3 chars.....have on CP already myself. Will try to get on for 7:30 but id say it will be closer to 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

syboit wrote: »
    any of the xbox lads trying golgoroth tonight ? I should be on later 9.30ish...

I'll be on it like a sparrow bonnet kiiiiiid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I'll be on it like a sparrow bonnet kiiiiiid

I'm trying to get on for 9 again, I'll let you know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Bungie released updated patch notes today. Seems that most buffs/nerfs were off by a factor of 10. So where you read Med RoF (Zhalo Supercell, Paleocontact JPK-43) increase in base damage of 7% ... they really meant 0.7%.... and so on!

Update Patch Notes Here
    Old Notes here if you want to compare

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement