Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They released the numbers months ago, no way they've been wrong for months, they must have messed up the execution of the patch. Jokers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Anyone up for tier 3 Court of Oryx tonight?

This weeks T3 is pretty easy to solo, even easier than last week.

I use a very simple strategy you just have to be quick, jump in, kill the acolyte eyes quickly, snipe the ogre and finish him with your primary before the next acolyte eyes spawn, and then go for the boss! Ignore everything else. An exotic sword helps a lot but you can use the sleeper as well.

Takes around 40 seconds to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Bohrio wrote:
    This weeks T3 is pretty easy to solo, even easier than last week.

Curious, do you have any intentions of attempting to solo Oryx?

PetKing wrote: »
    Curious, do you have any intentions of attempting to solo Oryx?

Soloing this is accessible to anyone, Oryx is a different thing. Said that I wouldnt mind trying, doesnt look extremely complicated but then again, it never does and when you try it it is hard as hell!

But like all things it is all just about practice and repetition :S

I tried solo the black spindle one and it was ok but not as easy as the legend himself or comandercuesta made it look like... :(

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Yeah Jolly Holiday Quest something something Antiquated Runes something something. Should be on by 9 if not before.

Sorry about yesterday cdb, but it was just too late for me, had to go to bed!!!

I will be online today if you still need a hand

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Bohrio wrote: »

Sorry about yesterday cdb, but it was just too late for me, had to go to bed!!!

I will be online today if you still need a hand

You're grand senór, it was late and we didn't stay on much longer anyway.

Nocal and I were probably being over-ambitious attempting the hard raid with a couple of guardians who were under-leveled, one of whom was on their first ever raid!! We did well enough initially with Nev and Knaves assistance but we couldn't get past the totems with just 5 of us. Going to run the normal mode this weekend and see what drops for them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You're grand senór, it was late and we didn't stay on much longer anyway.

Nocal and I were probably being over-ambitious attempting the hard raid with a couple of guardians who were under-leveled, one of whom was on their first ever raid!! We did well enough initially with Nev and Knaves assistance but we couldn't get past the totems with just 5 of us. Going to run the normal mode this weekend and see what drops for them.

CoO tonight? We got it done last night but i need a few more kills in the court for Calcified Frags :)

jonny24ie wrote: »
    CoO tonight? We got it done last night but i need a few more kills in the court for Calcified Frags :)

No bother. We'll round up a posse later on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Happy days, hopefully I get my last few frags :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,251 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wha tis teh T3 this week. Apparently the only 2 I am missing are a T3 (Thalok or something), and the oryx challenge mode.

Though, irritatingly the game only recognises my titan as having 47 at the moment. Convinced it bugged on me previously and hasn't registered one of the fragments I should have got. I should have got two during a T3 completion ages back, which should have got me to 45 but I only went to 44.

THink the two I should have got were for beating Kagoor in under 2 mins (1 for beating it at all, 1 for CoO bounties) - I have both fragments according to the database, but I'm convinced only one of the actual fragments registered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

If you rounded up a few fireteams could they all play together? I'm not sure how that works.

I'm often hanging around there like a Danny Dyer waiting for something to 'kick off.'

• Advertisement

If you rounded up a few fireteams could they all play together? I'm not sure how that works.

I'm often hanging around there like a Danny Dyer waiting for something to 'kick off.'

there can be a maximum of 3 fireteams per instance (so 3 fireteams in any given area, such as CoO. 1 person is considered to be a fireteam.

So, it is possible to have 3 people in one instance - and each of those three people can invite 2 other people from their friends list - making it possibly for a maximum of 9 people at the court (or in any area).

The only way to play CoO with more than 2 of your friends is to leave one person at the court and do one of the following:

Get the other people to constantly orbit out and go back to the dreadnaught (on their own) and head over to the court in the hope they spot their friend there - meaning you can now both invite 2 people, so 6 at the court.

Find some randomer hanging round the court and message them - asking them to invite a couple of your buddies; so it will be you, a randomer and 4 buddies at the court.

The court is much quieter these days and you can be waiting a while for anyone else to show up. The best bet and it worked first time last night, is to have one person wait in the court while everyone else spawns in to patrol and makes their way to the hall of souls. With a bit of luck you can join the same instance the waiting person is in yet you both have two spaces for others to join on, so potentially up to 6 in the same court. If a third joins you can have up to 9 in the same court.

EDIT: As Conovar said...

Right, right. Sounds a bit awkward.

Hanging around like a juvenile delinquent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What seems happen is people (myself included) fly in, check to see if anyone's in CoO and fly out if not. Rinse and repeat.

Generally if you actually throw in a coin people start to join, or maybe I've just been lucky.

If only we all had Bohrio's skills, randomers would be unnecessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

What would people consider to be the best Item Manager app?

DIM is love, DIM is life.

The court is much quieter these days and you can be waiting a while for anyone else to show up. The best bet and it worked first time last night, is to have one person wait in the court while everyone else spawns in to patrol and makes their way to the hall of souls. With a bit of luck you can join the same instance the waiting person is in yet you both have two spaces for others to join on, so potentially up to 6 in the same court. If a third joins you can have up to 9 in the same court.

EDIT: As Conovar said...

Yeah I was knocking about when randomly CDB dropped by, good times :D

AdamD wrote: »

Only available in chrome?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yeah I was knocking about when randomly CDB dropped by, good times :D

It's like bumping into an old friend when you meet someone random on your friends list. Cue some waving and dancing.

It's the little things...

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

315 helmet dropped in SRL, sure is handy for getting infusion fuel.

318 in the next match :o

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wexdevil wrote: »
    315 helmet dropped in SRL, sure is handy for getting infusion fuel.

318 in the next match :o

What rank do they start dropping at?

Got 6 helms from trials, none above 308, SRL is dropping 318s :pac: how much does one need to play to get these? The full sparrow gear is hilarious looking, proper F1 kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

AdamD wrote: »

I cannot imagine playing destiny without this opened nearby. If you set up loadouts, you're good to go in a single click. Especially easy for character change over as it will be done by the time your screen loads up.

dudeeile wrote:
    I cannot imagine playing destiny without this opened nearby. If you set up loadouts, you're good to go in a single click. Especially easy for character change over as it will be done by the time your screen loads up.

Sut up loadouts.... What?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »
    Sut up loadouts.... What?!?!

For KF raid, I need 2 primary, 2 secondary, 2 heavy and ghost. Save that and select 1 of each that will be equipped, save the weapon loadout.

You can do this for armour also, say titan armour for trials and select that it is only for titan. Trials weapons loadout selectable by all characters.

It's open on the desktop beside me and I do not play destiny without it.

dudeeile wrote:
    For KF raid, I need 2 primary, 2 secondary, 2 heavy and ghost. Save that and select 1 of each that will be equipped, save the weapon loadout.

All guesses here...
    Primary: Hung Jury + Smite
    Special: Spindle + Shotty ( not conspiracy-D)
    Heavy: Raid lmg and launcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Sorry. Should have specified it was for phone. I use DIM exclusively, but am having issues with PC with it not booting up. Power getting to it, just won't boot. So need a decent one for phone till I can sort out comp.

Tower Ghost is a good app for the phone

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If only we all had Bohrio's skills, randomers would be unnecessary.

?

Anyone can do that! You just need to believe you can, I am 100% sure you will succeed! (I feel like one of those motivational speakers now) lol

Now seriously, it is not hard at all, I always say if I can do it anyone can, hence why I upload those videos!

T3 are not that hard if you have the right weapons, now, I wouldnt be confident enough on Xb1 but mostly because I dont have all the weapons yet, doesnt mean I wouldn't try it

• Advertisement

Sorry. Should have specified it was for phone. I use DIM exclusively, but am having issues with PC with it not booting up. Power getting to it, just won't boot. So need a decent one for phone till I can sort out comp.
    There is a loadout app for iPhone. I would go with destiny vault manager for Android.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement