Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sorry. Should have specified it was for phone. I use DIM exclusively, but am having issues with PC with it not booting up. Power getting to it, just won't boot. So need a decent one for phone till I can sort out comp.

Have you tried turning it on and off again ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »
    All guesses here...
    Primary: Hung Jury + Smite
    Special: Spindle + Shotty ( not conspiracy-D)
    Heavy: Raid lmg and launcher

HJ and ToM
    Spindle and 1000yard, any shotty on character
    Correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,251 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I use Red Death and ToM as primaries for the raid.
    1000YS and the raid shotgun (at 318) as my specials.
    Only ever use the Raid LMG as heavy - never found a use for the rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What rank do they start dropping at?

310+ started dropping for me at rank 3

So what do we reckon on the great weapons rebalancing of Christmas 2015?

The original patch notes indicated a massive nerfing of Shotties, Pulses and Fusions - but the current patch notes indicate a nerfing or buffing so small it should be utterly unnoticable. A 0.04% increase in base damage of a HRoF Auto? POINT ZERO FOUR? Surely there is no way that Bungie put actual work into such small changes. So are Bungie idiots or lying?

I did find Pulse rifles a lot harder to use in crucible yesterday though - though maybe it was just one of those days of me being put up against high skill players while also having a really bad day.

Wonder if the Weekly Update will address the questions regarding the patch notes and balancing, as nothing is adding up - the drop in damage weapons are doing doing seem consistent with either version of the patch notes.

• Advertisement

Bohrio wrote: »
    Anyone can do that! You just need to believe you can, I am 100% sure you will succeed! (I feel like one of those motivational speakers now) lol

:D
    I use Red Death and ToM as primaries for the raid.
    1000YS and the raid shotgun (at 318) as my specials.
    Only ever use the Raid LMG as heavy - never found a use for the rocket.

I was using the rockets for the relay section but now my solar machine gun does the trick.

The original patch notes indicated a massive nerfing of Shotties, Pulses and Fusions - but the current patch notes indicate a nerfing or buffing so small it should be utterly unnoticable. A 0.04% increase in base damage of a HRoF Auto? POINT ZERO FOUR? Surely there is no way that Bungie put actual work into such small changes. So are Bungie idiots or lying?

I did find Pulse rifles a lot harder to use in crucible yesterday though - though maybe it was just one of those days of me being put up against high skill players while also having a really bad day.

Wonder if the Weekly Update will address the questions regarding the patch notes and balancing, as nothing is adding up - the drop in damage weapons are doing doing seem consistent with either version of the patch notes.

They originally said Medium rate of fire pulses were getting a 9% damage nerf. Bungie have since revised this and said it was a .9% nerf.

I use the IB pulse and prepatch got 32 for a crit hit. Since the patch it now crits for 29.

In what world is a 3 drop in damage out of 32 a .9% nerf ?

It seems that this MRF pulses are not the only weapon they've messed up either.

To me it looks like they f**ked up the weapon patch when they were pushing it down to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Bungie ****ing up a weapon balancing patch? Unheard of surely

dudeeile wrote: »

:D

I was using the rockets for the relay section but now my solar machine gun does the trick.

I've been using the raid LMG for those wizards for ages now - usually there are a few supers available by the time the yellow bar knights make an appearance.

I had been using a rocket when I ran the raid a while back but that was more a light level issue.

Bungie ****ing up a weapon balancing patch? Unheard of surely

It would have been better if they just said they f'd it up.

We are now left with a situation where one of the following is true:

1. Bungie put work into increasing the base damage of an autorifle by 0.04%.
    or
    2. Bungie screwed up and is lying about it.

I can't see another explanation - and both paint Bungie in a poor light, imo.

• Advertisement

Improvise, Adapt and Overcome

The smaller the adjustments the better in my opoinion, no need to nerf anything into oblivion. Small incremental changes to balance is the correct method to use. Didn't play enough last night to notice but I did get shot around a corner with Hardlight, I was almost dead so took cover and the guy just bounced the bullets off the wall to finish me off.

I'm still on the crucible quest so next step is scout rifles, I'll be hanging way back this weekend and hopefully everyone will be rocking autos and HC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

LMG is an absolute must for the raid...does not matter if its 310 or 320 its a get out of jail free card. Especially useful for the warpriest section.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Totally unrelated, but oh so accurate of your average Dub

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    LMG is an absolute must for the raid...does not matter if its 310 or 320 its a get out of jail free card. Especially useful for the warpriest section.....

I use it for:
    the wizards at the totems.
    Knights at the Warpriest (I use red death if I have the aura)
    Gogoroths balls.
    Centurians at Daughters
    Shade at Oryx.

A must have weapon.

It would have been better if they just said they f'd it up.

We are now left with a situation where one of the following is true:

1. Bungie put work into increasing the base damage of an autorifle by 0.04%.
    or
    2. Bungie screwed up and is lying about it.

I can't see another explanation - and both paint Bungie in a poor light, imo.

They originally posted weeks ago about Pulses getting 4%, 7% and 9% needs and ARs getting there respective buffs.

Now surely that document was proof read. Say there was a mistake and they missed it that's OK. But then the community are talking about these numbers for weeks and not one single person in Bungie said hang on why are the players saying 9% when it's .9% ?

Next up some of the weapons seem to have gotten the original nerf eg IB Pulse 32 down to 29 (9% nerf) but all the buff are looking like the new figures Bungie are reporting eg Zarina D 20 staying at 20 after the buff which would be correct after a .04% buff where as its be 21 instead of 20 after a 4% buff.

In all fairness though .9%, .7%, .04% are not going to make any difference so what's the point ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The ****ed up the patch and are lying about it plain and simple.They wouldn't have changed the patch over night after stating what it was going to be for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

emmetkenny wrote: »
    They originally posted weeks ago about Pulses getting 4%, 7% and 9% needs and ARs getting there respective buffs.

Now surely that document was proof read. Say there was a mistake and they missed it that's OK. But then the community are talking about these numbers for weeks and not one single person in Bungie said hang on why are the players saying 9% when it's .9% ?

Next up some of the weapons seem to have gotten the original nerf eg IB Pulse 32 down to 29 (9% nerf) but all the buff are looking like the new figures Bungie are reporting eg Zarina D 20 staying at 20 after the buff which would be correct after a .04% buff where as its be 21 instead of 20 after a 4% buff.

In all fairness though .9%, .7%, .04% are not going to make any difference so what's the point ?
    Bungie be like:
    000bdf2f3baeb7060c1f100f85894c15f46883b0d350d87468e961710f05564b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I use it for:
    the wizards at the totems.
    Knights at the Warpriest (I use red death if I have the aura)
    Gogoroths balls.
    Centurians at Daughters
    Shade at Oryx.

A must have weapon.

Sadly we are in the minority. I swear the amount of people you see with AYRP syndrome is ****in silly....and these are the very ones getting killed constantly.

*AYRP (All Year Round Primary)

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

CV4LDGzWoAAmcm2.jpg:medium
    Of course it drops at the end of a race I was messing around in.

wexdevil wrote: »

Still 20 seconds quicker than any race I've completed :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Was the Sparrow racing thing always in the pipeline as extra content?

I don't mind it as a mini game or a bit of a diversion, but the idea of grinding it for drops is giving me a pain in the hoop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I've been replaying vanilla Destiny. Just finished it again as a Titan (Ranger initially). I'm not HUGELY into it but it's OK. However, since Destiny became Destiny: The Taken King the raids etc are all gone from vanilla Destiny.
    My question is: Is it still possible to buy The Taken King add-on and the first 2 DLCs or do I have to buy the whole thing again?
    I can see the TTK + DLC I & II on the Playstation store for 40 euros but when I try to checkout I get an error.
    I see you can buy the whole thing (With Destiny itself) for 70 euros but I'm not into it that much to spend that much money as I'm a bit ambivalent of DLC as it is (This is the first DLC I considered since MASS Effect Trilogy)

Cheers folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sadly we are in the minority. I swear the amount of people you see with AYRP syndrome is ****in silly....and these are the very ones getting killed constantly.

*AYRP (All Year Round Primary)
    While I am guilty of relying on primary for most things and use heavy sparingly, at least I know when I have to go all out and empty it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Was the Sparrow racing thing always in the pipeline as extra content?

I don't mind it as a mini game or a bit of a diversion, but the idea of grinding it for drops is giving me a pain in the hoop.

Their plan for Year 2 is more focused on limited time events like SRL rather than story expansions and the like, so the grind is gonna be real

http://kotaku.com/bungie-confirms-that-theyre-not-doing-big-destiny-dlc-t-1746865949?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Their plan for Year 2 is more focused on limited time events like SRL rather than story expansions and the like, so the grind is gonna be real

http://kotaku.com/bungie-confirms-that-theyre-not-doing-big-destiny-dlc-t-1746865949?

Great so basically nothing to do in destiny until next year.

I mean, I have no interest in racing sparrows over the same 2 maps over and over and over (done a few races and found it boring after 4-5 runs).

And the festival of the lost, seriously? They consider than an event as well.

They are gonna have to change their mind, I mean, no way I am doing the same missions over and over and over until next year

I mean, I have no interest in racing sparrows over the same 2 maps over and over and over (done a few races and found it boring after 4-5 runs).

They are gonna have to change their mind, I mean, no way I am doing the same missions over and over and over until next year

Is that not what you did for the last year ? First on Xbox then on PS4 :P

Actually what's your total time played now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

you beat me to it :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I agree, though since day one Destiny has been all about playing the same content over and over again as you probably know better than anyone. :p

I'll hop on for trials now and then but unless they bring out another raid that's probably the end of Destiny for me in the long term. Not sure I'll bother with Destiny 2 if this is their game plan for the future...wouldn't be surprised if it goes free to play for the sequel at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

2400 hours ;)

But we did have some new stuff coming up, I mean, if they are saying that they are not doing DLCs and only timed event such the festival of the lost of sparrow racing league for which both I have no interest in so far, the future doesnt look much promising, I mean, whats next? Santa's Rudoplh Carriage League?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

wexdevil wrote: »

crikey, 6th place was at 4.40!! don't think I've seen any of my races under 5 yet!. A guy with 186 light then gets the 320 helm, guessing he'll be wearing that till destiny 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement