Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

syboit wrote: »
    crikey, 6th place was at 4.40!! don't think I've seen any of my races under 5 yet!. A guy with 186 light then gets the 320 helm, guessing he'll be wearing that till destiny 2.

That's WexDevil who came 6th. He's only 186 light because he's wearing all the Sparrow Racing Gear.

Bohrio wrote: »
    2400 hours ;)

But we did have some new stuff coming up, I mean, if they are saying that they are not doing DLCs and only timed event such the festival of the lost of sparrow racing league for which both I have no interest in so far, the future doesnt look much promising, I mean, whats next? Santa's Rudoplh Carriage League?

That's 14 whole weeks. Are you sure you have a job :D

Edit: Your averaging 5 hours a day ? That's hardly right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Bohrio wrote: »
    Great so basically nothing to do in destiny until next year.

I mean, I have no interest in racing sparrows over the same 2 maps over and over and over (done a few races and found it boring after 4-5 runs).

And the festival of the lost, seriously? They consider than an event as well.

They are gonna have to change their mind, I mean, no way I am doing the same missions over and over and over until next year

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction when I read it the other day.

I don't mind limited time events at all, and really enjoy IB when it comes around and am having a laugh in SRL.. but to announce it as a change in direction for the game was a mistake.

There's virtually nothing to look forward to until September now. Why grind for new gear if there's no prospect of new story content? I can imagine a lot of people drifting away from the game in the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's WexDevil who came 6th. He's only 186 light because he's wearing all the Sparrow Racing Gear.

All sparrow gear except the helmet, rocking Crota mask while racing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

That's 14 whole weeks. Are you sure you have a job :D

Edit: Your averaging 5 hours a day ? That's hardly right :D

ssssshhhhhh ;)

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction when I read it the other day.

I don't mind limited time events at all, and really enjoy IB when it comes around and am having a laugh in SRL.. but to announce it as a change in direction for the game was a mistake.

There's virtually nothing to look forward to until September now. Why grind for new gear if there's no prospect of new story content? I can imagine a lot of people drifting away from the game in the new year

Yeah I feel the same, whats the point in leveling up, there is absolutely no reason at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Speaking of the divil. Over to you CommanderCuesta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Sceptical Gimli loaded up SLR last night to give it a go. One game is not enough to form an opinion but as I guided my burning sparrow over the line to claim a podium spot by 0.5 of a second I concluded it was fun.
    I don't think I'd have a have a problem grinding through this to get gear.

All they really need do is put in weapons/boosts, first person view, add Firestarter to the play list and that would be that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Sceptical Gimli loaded up SLR last night to give it a go. One game is not enough to form an opinion but as I guided my burning sparrow over the line to claim a podium spot by 0.5 of a second I concluded it was fun.
    I don't think I'd have a have a problem grinding through this to get gear.

All they really need do is put in weapons/boosts, first person view, add Firestarter to the play list and that would be that.

It is fun, but gets repetitive very quickly. Could probably do with some more tracks and/or the two available tracks to have reverse modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Xur is selling the following:

Helm of Inmost Light
    Radiant Dance Machines
    Nothing Manacles
    Monte Carlo

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Starting to really enjoy the sparrow racing. Its better than expected!

This part of the weekly update sounds a little promising. Its probably just a "ohh don't leave us! Theres more coming we promise", but we never know!
    I’m really excited about what’s on tap for next year in Destiny, both the events and the bigger ticket content and activities. We’ve already talked about having a sandbox update each quarter, but there’s more on the way, too. Please give us some time to sort the details, and lock down the fun stuff to come. No doubt, there will be lulls in the communication. We’ll do our best to keep the community channels lively during those spells (well, DeeJ and Cozmo will).

• Advertisement

nevelator wrote: »
    Xur is selling the following:

Helm of Inmost Light
    Radiant Dance Machines
    Nothing Manacles
    Monte Carlo

Are nothing manacles the ones that make scatter grenades track ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

All i want from Xur is 3oC. Has anyone noticed the lack of strange coins since the update? I normally have about 60 by the time Xur comes but I only have 28 now i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Yeah they are. I think they give you an extra grenade also. Add Bloom for extra explosions.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Yep, although they don't track as much as they used to. They also give you a second scatter grenade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

My question is: Is it still possible to buy The Taken King add-on and the first 2 DLCs or do I have to buy the whole thing again?
    I can see the TTK + DLC I & II on the Playstation store for 40 euros but when I try to checkout I get an error.

Whats the error? Have you googled it? Is (Vanilla) Destiny Still installed on your console

Like sending a text to the person who the text was about (Queue David O'Doherty song!)

Did the No-Knight strategy yesterday and got 3 kills on Hard Oryx with a mix of clan members and LFG people.

Seems feasible if people have done Hard Mode before tbh. Still think people make a big song and dance about killing their Knights, it's just not something I've found being much of an issues, but I must be in the minority.

There's as much likely to go wrong in both methods.

I'd be more confident doing the "No-Knight" strat with players who have killed Hard Oryx the old-fashioned way. Don't like the idea of 3 people carrying another 3 people (for the most part).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I've been replaying vanilla Destiny. Just finished it again as a Titan (Ranger initially). I'm not HUGELY into it but it's OK. However, since Destiny became Destiny: The Taken King the raids etc are all gone from vanilla Destiny.
    My question is: Is it still possible to buy The Taken King add-on and the first 2 DLCs or do I have to buy the whole thing again?
    I can see the TTK + DLC I & II on the Playstation store for 40 euros but when I try to checkout I get an error.
    I see you can buy the whole thing (With Destiny itself) for 70 euros but I'm not into it that much to spend that much money as I'm a bit ambivalent of DLC as it is (This is the first DLC I considered since MASS Effect Trilogy)

Cheers folks

You're in luck, the price has dropped to €25 for TTK with expansions or €30.10 for the legendary edition until the 14th on psn. Might be worth getting the lot at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

You're in luck, the price has dropped to €25 for TTK with expansions or €30.10 for the legendary edition until the 14th on psn. Might be worth getting the lot at that price.

That's a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    Did the No-Knight strategy yesterday and got 3 kills on Hard Oryx with a mix of clan members and LFG people.

Wouldn't mind trying to take down Oryx on HM this Sat if anyone is around?
    Have only done it on NM so far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

PetKing wrote: »
    That's a bargain.

Not sure if I'd call it a bargain - That's like saying your first hit of heroin is free...

• Advertisement

From the BWU

So maybe not all doom and gloom.....
    There's a whiteboard in one of our meeting rooms filled with scribblings and sticky notes that represent the developments planned for Destiny's not-so-distant future. Events, activities, content, and features designed to keep you happy, entertained, and rewarded throughout the year to come: some events and some activities that will become additions to your Director.

The first of these early 2016 experiences will be on a scale close to Festival of the Lost. The second will be far larger than anything you've seen since the release of The Taken King. There's also another significant update to the world and sandbox planned in this same window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

I've been replaying vanilla Destiny. Just finished it again as a Titan (Ranger initially). I'm not HUGELY into it but it's OK. However, since Destiny became Destiny: The Taken King the raids etc are all gone from vanilla Destiny.
    I can see the TTK + DLC I & II on the Playstation store for 40 euros but when I try to checkout I get an error. I see you can buy the whole thing (With Destiny itself) for 70 euros but I'm not into it that much to spend that much money as I'm a bit ambivalent of DLC as it is (This is the first DLC I considered since MASS Effect Trilogy)

Cheers folks

You need vanilla destiny to run the dlc/expansions. You can buy seperatly, but it works out more expensive

jonny24ie wrote: »
    All i want from Xur is 3oC. Has anyone noticed the lack of strange coins since the update? I normally have about 60 by the time Xur comes but I only have 28 now i think.

Pretty sure they patched it so you generally get less starange coins overall. For example I think you used to get 5 for leveling up a faction, now you get 3-4.

Between 3 characters these all add up

thegame983 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they patched it so you generally get less starange coins overall. For example I think you used to get 5 for leveling up a faction, now you get 3-4.

Between 3 characters these all add up

They did patch it in the patch before last. I used to have 300+ at anyone time but now usually around 40. But I found the last IB really good for SC as I now have nearly 200.

I've over 1500 motes at anyone time now seen as you get them for everything :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Cormac... wrote: »
    From the BWU

So maybe not all doom and gloom.....

The first of these early 2016 experiences will be on a scale close to Festival of the Lost.

?

At scale to the Festival of the Lost?

I lost interest within 1 h of doing those quests. In fact, I dont know of anyone who completed them all... this is not looking good at all.

And again, SRL is fun for a while, I already got bored and only played maybe 15 races and it is not end content, just an addition to it which is fine to have as an alternative but what I am looking forward is not racing sparrows but FPS stuff... If I wanted sparrow racing I would have bought a racing game... :(

I guess I am alone here though as everyone seems to love this thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think what will get me playing SRL for a while is

- high level gear can drop
    - novelty factor
    - you don't have to be good (last place still gets gear)
    - I can do it drunk

I like how you can play against your Party-mates :)

It's a fun distraction and something to do for 10 or 20 races. But yeah, I'd like some more PvE content.

Luckily there is a LOT to do in PvP with there being so many game modes and maps and weapon archetypes and bounties and such.

I'd say anyone exclusively playing PvE is infinitely more Salty and Bored with the game now.

Like I can still boot up the Crucible for 2 hours and be happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Is it worth finishing the SLR S rank quest? I'm about to fire the pad and Xbox out the window in a temper.

V9 wrote: »
    Is it worth finishing the SLR S rank quest? I'm about to fire the pad and Xbox out the window in a temper.

Well you have 3 weeks like..... so just play a couple matches a day maybe if you don't like it that much.

The S-Tier is when people start getting up to 320 drops I believe

• Advertisement

It's all one big experiment.

Year 1 - vanilla desiny + dlc x 2

Year 2 - Taken King + piecemeal 'free' dlc

All to see how they should position Destiny 2. Which archetype makes more cash and keep people more active.

I dunno about you guys, but put down Destiny for 2 months or so after House of Wolves (after I beat Skolas and got the 3 exotics weapons)

I haven't put destiny down at all since The Taken King Dropped so they're doing something right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement