Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

So is The Taken King Legendary Edition worth it for a solo playthrough ? 30e in PSN 12 days of christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

So is The Taken King Legendary Edition worth it for a solo playthrough ? 30e in PSN 12 days of christmas.

Yes, at that price, even if you never do a Raid or Play much PvP it's objectively good value

You're looking at about 30+ missions, 10+ Strikes, Patrol and a few side Quests and Missions. You'll get about 40 hours out of it single player alone

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Crucible does nothing for me outside of trials, been like that since before TTK came out, the balls they made of the weapons patch has only confounded that further.

Sparrow racing is fun with a party but rubbish on its own and wears thin very quick, even doing the three daily bounties has become too much of a chore already.

As for festival of the lost...well I abandoned all those quests the second they were given to me - "here go grind the same content you stopped playing weeks ago for some imaginary candy" - no thanks.

The statement they released just sounds like fluff to try and curtail the negative reaction, much like when they said HoW had more content to be revealed which never materialised. Unless there's a raid in the pipeline PvE is truly dead for me once the Oryx challenge is done as I can't see what else they could bring out that would be worthwhile.

Between every DLC there's been a period where people have started playing other games and that which is fine by me but there was always something on the horizon to bring everyone back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah, but you will get much more out of it playing co-op. Hopefully this sale will bring an influx of kinderguardians in for Bungies refer a friend program.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

V9 wrote: »
    Is it worth finishing the SLR S rank quest? I'm about to fire the pad and Xbox out the window in a temper.

It's not really worth it no, just get to rank 3 and 310+ gear will start dropping, s license just gets you an emblem and a sparrow i think.

It's not worth it as a single player game no, the only really good PvE content in the game is multiplayer and requires a lot of grinding to reach a high enough level to participate in. If you're not planning on playing with others you'd be better off getting the witcher 3 or fallout 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Crucible does nothing for me outside of trials, been like that since before TTK came out, the balls they made of the weapons patch has only confounded that further.

Sparrow racing is fun with a party but rubbish on its own and wears thin very quick, even doing the three daily bounties has become too much of a chore already.

As for festival of the lost...well I abandoned all those quests the second they were given to me - "here go grind the same content you stopped playing weeks ago for some imaginary candy" - no thanks.

The statement they released just sounds like fluff to try and curtail the negative reaction, much like when they said HoW had more content to be revealed which never materialised. Unless there's a raid in the pipeline PvE is truly dead for me once the Oryx challenge is done as I can't see what else they could bring out that would be worthwhile.

Between every DLC there's been a period where people have started playing other games and that which is fine by me but there was always something on the horizon to bring everyone back.

I was gonna reply exactly this man, but probably with much worse grammar and spelling mistakes ;)

As it is now, if this is what they are planning (no raid, no PvE content etc) Destiny will be finished for me until DEstiny 2 comes up and even then I dont know.

I mean, yes you get better gear now by doing SRLs etc but what's the point? is there a reason why you need to increase your level as of now?

I dont think there is.

Also, I dont like how theyare getting away with things such as new content beomg released when all they are doing is loading a lot of year 1 stuff!

They brought back 6 or 7 year one exotics and the omnigul strike? wtf? and people are all happy about this? :(

No new PvE content I really can't get over this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Mickeroo wrote:
    It's not really worth it no, just get to rank 3 and 310+ gear will start dropping, s license just gets you an emblem and a sparrow i think.

A poxy emblem?? Jesus Christ.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If anyone is on later to give a hand with CoO that would be great as I only need 2 tier 2 calcified frags to get my touch of mailce :D

V9 wrote: »
    A poxy emblem?? Jesus Christ.

Drops from Reddit:
    Level 0 - 280 - 290 Helmet / Class Item drop.

Level 1 - 280 - 300 Helmet / Class Item drop.

Level 2 - 300 - 310 Helmet / Class Item.

Level 3+ - 310 - 320 Helmet / Class Item.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Drops from Reddit:

He's not talking about the levels he's talking about the s license.

• Advertisement

He's not talking about the levels he's talking about the s license.

Yeah, but my point was that yes you get "stuff" for hitting Rank S, but you ALSO get the "chance" for X rewards to Drop at Y values if you continue racing beyond that point. Same as farming Iron Banner for stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

had a good run on srl this morning, 10 races and 10 3ofC popped. got 3 exotics, and my 14 strange coins back :)

also got my helm upto 307 and a 310 class item

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonny24ie wrote: »
    If anyone is on later to give a hand with CoO that would be great as I only need 2 tier 2 calcified frags to get my touch of mailce :D

I'll be round later just msg me if you need a body.

Bohrio makes the point about why bother collecting high level gear. I agree it's largely irrelevant once you get to a certain level but there's something about it. I got a 310 Thunderlord from a legendary engram yesterday morning. Already have one, don't need it but it didn't stop the happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

nevelator wrote: »
    Yep, although they don't track as much as they used to. They also give you a second scatter grenade.

I'm all for the nothing menacles, I still remember the night where we came up against cormac and gimli and it was agreed to just throw grenades at them for the lols.
    Did the No-Knight strategy yesterday and got 3 kills on Hard Oryx with a mix of clan members and LFG people.

Seems feasible if people have done Hard Mode before tbh. Still think people make a big song and dance about killing their Knights, it's just not something I've found being much of an issues, but I must be in the minority.

There's as much likely to go wrong in both methods.

I'd be more confident doing the "No-Knight" strat with players who have killed Hard Oryx the old-fashioned way. Don't like the idea of 3 people carrying another 3 people (for the most part).

Killing the knights is grand, crouch at the rear of the platform and be ready to scope in when they spawn (at the front platforms) or appear around the corner (at the rear platforms). When people know their location it seems to go pretty smooth. I would like to try out the no knight for comparison all the same.
    Wouldn't mind trying to take down Oryx on HM this Sat if anyone is around?
    Have only done it on NM so far...

Yep would like to down auld spikey myself this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'll be round later just msg me if you need a body.

Bohrio makes the point about why bother collecting high level gear. I agree it's largely irrelevant once you get to a certain level but there's something about it. I got a 310 Thunderlord from a legendary engram yesterday morning. Already have one, don't need it but it didn't stop the happy.

Lol

Well maybe your happiness will decrease once you get
    4 in a row (that's what I got this week, 2 NF, 1 exotic engram and 1 from a legendary engram and I already had a 310 one.

Or it could happen also is that of the last 10 exotic engrams, 9 of them special weapons (I already have all special exotics including plan c) 1 heavy (thunrderlord) :(

Run over 15-20 races yesterday and didnt get a single exotic drop. I just want something else but special exotics engrams! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I'm just gonna put this out there: Holliday is a ****.

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'm all for the nothing menacles, I still remember the night 3am Morning where we came up against cormac and gimli who were both f**king mouldy drunk and it was agreed to just throw grenades at them for the lols. But I actually keep using my Primary too

There I've updated your post

We were on a pretty good run that day too then the try hards came on and ruined it for everyone with their killing everybody.

Just throwing this up here for those that are yet to attempt Oryx on hard.

Image shows all fight details, so just linking.
    http://i.imgur.com/nUHpuBn.png

Link to full guide on Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3pzdry/spoiler_hd_heroic_oryx_bossfight_tips_and_diagram/

gimli2112 wrote: »
    We were on a pretty good run that day too then the try hards came on and ruined it for everyone with their killing everybody.

Come on Bungie, let's have private lobbies.

• Advertisement

There I've updated your post

Remarkable memory for someone so drunk!

It's not worth it as a single player game no, the only really good PvE content in the game is multiplayer and requires a lot of grinding to reach a high enough level to participate in. If you're not planning on playing with others you'd be better off getting the witcher 3 or fallout 4.

Got both FO4 and W3 already. I'll give this a try anyway, just for a bit of proper first person shooting if not much else.. And at some point i'll renew ps+ and give the online a shot too.

Whats the story with the Legendary edition ?, its downloading regular Destiny now at about 18gb in size, but no option for the expansions or anything ?

Can you play this without PS+ ?

I thought you needed that to get online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Got both FO4 and W3 already. I'll give this a try anyway, just for a bit of proper first person shooting if not much else.. And at some point i'll renew ps+ and give the online a shot too.

Whats the story with the Legendary edition ?, its downloading regular Destiny now at about 18gb in size, but no option for the expansions or anything ?

That is normal. It is an 18gb download plus an 18gb patch with the download content.

Fyi, you can still play the story in co-op if you don't have plus. Plus is only required for Strikes, Raids and PvP content.

You should sign up for this either with a friend or with one of the many on here who would help you through this. You have 7 days to sign up as a noob, otherwise you will be classed as a veteran.
    [Url] https://www.bungie.net/en/Companion/ReferAFriend[/url]

That is normal. It is an 18gb download plus an 18gb patch with the download content.

Fyi, you can still play the story in co-op if you don't have plus.

You should sign up for this either with a friend or with one of the many on here who would help you through this. You have 7 days to sign up as a noob, otherwise you will be classed as a veteran.
    [Url] https://www.bungie.net/en/Companion/ReferAFriend[/url]

Ok man, cheers.

Even if you had bought the regular version of destiny it would have downloaded the newer stuff, just the way destiny works, everything is integrated into the game but some stuff would be behind a pay wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,251 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Haven't been able to get a win all day in SRL. A load of third and second place finishes. That S licence is never gonna come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Haven't been able to get a win all day in SRL. A load of third and second place finishes. That S licence is never gonna come!

Fireteam of six for an hour....problem solved :D

You could always try get 5 players to help you Boost.

I mean you were King of the Road there on Tuesday, but look at you now huh! How the mighty have *fallen* :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,251 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You could always try get 5 players to help you Boost.

I mean you were King of the Road there on Tuesday, but look at you now huh! How the mighty have *fallen* :P
    Seems people might have realised that you use both thumbsticks to steer, robbing me of my competitive advantage!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement