Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Seems people might have realised that you use both thumbsticks to steer, robbing me of my competitive advantage!

Yup, I read your guide on /r/SparrowPlaybook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

Wait. You use both both stick to steer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I haven't played Destiny since before The Taken King launched. I see that its available now at a discount for this weekend on the ps store, so is this the right time to jump back in or are there more ttk expansions to be released? Id rather wait until everything ttk related is together in a bundle, rather than buy an incomplete package. (I haven't been keeping up to date with Destiny since the dark below, btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I haven't played Destiny since before The Taken King launched. I see that its available now at a discount for this weekend on the ps store, so is this the right time to jump back in or are there more ttk expansions to be released? Id rather wait until everything ttk related is together in a bundle, rather than buy an incomplete package. (I haven't been keeping up to date with Destiny since the dark below, btw)

Times like these you really need a forum.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057527681/2/#post98005036

Not 100% sure so I'm probably 100% wrong! but I think the last of the TTK stuff is out. Sparrow racing. Raid is great, new areas, dreadnought and stuff. New & old enemies. Overall 7.3 IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

SRL last night about 2/3 of the way through last lap I hit the front and a voice told me "You're in the lead" missed the next 4 gates, got stuck in a wall and came 3rd. Next game same thing hit the lead late on but this time the voice said "Luke, use the force" It was Ben, my name's not Luke but I was so calm (may have been the wine) hit every gate, did a trick and went over the line backwards, waving for the win.
    Exotic engram
    Feet

Thank you Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gimli2112 wrote: »
    SRL last night about 2/3 of the way through last lap I hit the front and a voice told me "You're in the lead" missed the next 4 gates, got stuck in a wall and came 3rd. Next game same thing hit the lead late on but this time the voice said "Luke, use the force" It was Ben, my name's not Luke but I was so calm (may have been the wine) hit every gate, did a trick and went over the line backwards, waving for the win.
    Exotic engram
    Feet

Thank you Ben

You always seem to play better drunk gimli
    11353006_1629391197302118_1997118370_n.jpg
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

thanks for jumping back in to golgoroth last night lads, got him easy enough in the end once we got into our stride. Great run on the sisters aswell, the damage dropping down on the 2nd one was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

We would of had him killed an hour earlier if someone didn't kill themselves with a rocket... You know who you are :pac:

We would of had him killed an hour earlier if someone didn't kill themselves with a rocket... You know who you are :pac:

After seeing the damage we did last night to the sisters with most of us using touch of malice's, I think at this stage its fair to say its worth the huge effort needed to get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

syboit wrote: »
    After seeing the damage we did last night to the sisters with most of us using touch of malice's, I think at this stage its fair to say its worth the huge effort needed to get one.

Why would you say that? Now i have to get one. Godammit Aces. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Thought this was pretty funny, 11 kills in a trials round, they just didn't seem to cop on what we were doing :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

AdamD wrote: »

Thought this was pretty funny, 11 kills in a trials round, they just didn't seem to cop on what we were doing :P

All that for a loss round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,251 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

yeah, snipers aren't OP at all. Used basically as a primary at medium range to good effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Snipers take such so much skill ,i mean 76 aim assist added to your gun helps as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

All that for a loss round?

It was 4-0, about half way through it was becoming too funny to just finish off the 3rd guy :p

Not really sure bonus aim assist did much for any of those kills tbh, res snipes don't involve much aiming at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Spent a few hours last night collecting all the ghost shells I was missing (about 600 grimoire's worth!) with the help of Never Midnight who already had all but one

Would never have even bothered with them otherwise. Hate that kind of time-sink but it was a lot more bearable doing it while having the craic with someone else

Top man that chap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Spent a few hours last night collecting all the ghost shells I was missing (about 600 grimoire's worth!) with the help of Never Midnight who already had all but one

Would never have even bothered with them otherwise. Hate that kind of time-sink but it was a lot more bearable doing it while having the craic with someone else

Top man that chap

Never Midnight is a woman URL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

ಠ_ಠ

Well this is awkward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Games like one too!!!!

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Why would you say that? Now i have to get one. Godammit Aces. :P

my bad, thought I saw you with one before.

• Advertisement

Anybody on Xbox having issues logging in? Keep getting the lost connection to destiny servers message

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Anybody on Xbox having issues logging in? Keep getting the lost connection to destiny servers message

Message on their twitter feed stating they are aware of people having problems logging in and are working on it

Message on their twitter feed stating they are aware of people having problems logging in and are working on it

Good stuff, cheers cable

Good stuff, cheers cable

yup, seems like network issues across xbox live :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Providing they get Xbox live sorted, I wouldn't mind giving a run at the golgoroth challenge between midnight and the McGregor fight if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Providing they get Xbox live sorted, I wouldn't mind giving a run at the golgoroth challenge between midnight and the McGregor fight if anyone's interested.

Could have done that myself but I'm fecked up trying to get on to Destiny now and switched the whole thing off.

I need to do Golg 3 times and I think Johnny and Merry need it as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Could have done that myself but I'm fecked up trying to get on to Destiny now and switched the whole thing off.

I need to do Golg 3 times and I think Johnny and Merry need it as well.

Cool, the Mrs is taking the kids to an Xmas market thing tomorrow so I should be free for a few hours if you still want to give it a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

watching ufc 194 it's happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I see some posts were deleted :D

Stupid Destiny couldn't log back in to get my Nothing Manacles last night :(

• Advertisement

Just seen on reddit, the spindle mission is up today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement