Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

syboit wrote: »
    Just seen on reddit, the spindle mission is up today.

I should be on in about an hour if anyone wants to give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I havnt played destiny in about a month id say. What are the major changes since then, I have seen the sparrow races which look like a bit of fun. Is there decent gear rewards that make them worthwhile? Also has there been new gear introduced, I thought I read that there was but it may have been related to something else. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I havnt played destiny in about a month id say. What are the major changes since then, I have seen the sparrow races which look like a bit of fun. Is there decent gear rewards that make them worthwhile? Also has there been new gear introduced, I thought I read that there was but it may have been related to something else. Thanks
    New exotics have been introduced.
    Sparrow racing drops 320 bonds and helmets once you reach rank 3.
    Weapons have been rebalanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

DeSelby83 wrote: »

There is also 3 challenges in the kings fall raid to get 310/320 gear and the missing calcified fragments. Golgoroth is this week with Oryx next week.

I think Iron Banner might be back next week ??, last time around there was 320 ghosts to be got, so might be some-thing else this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone on Xbox around to do the heroic raid challenge ? Need to do it on my warlock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just got a 310 NLB in SRL, is the year 2 version still useless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

wexdevil wrote: »
    Just got a 310 NLB in SRL, is the year 2 version still useless?

If your not great with snipers then yes but if you are good with snipers than its OP:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,251 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That black spindle mission is doing my fecking nut. Just can't get it done. 3 fecking minutes to clear the ads and still couldn't get it done. Pain in my hoop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

That black spindle mission is doing my fecking nut. Just can't get it done. 3 fecking minutes to clear the ads and still couldn't get it done. Pain in my hoop.

Got it done there earlier, I find I'm only dropping in and out of Destiny when something pops up but getting something sweet like a that always makes me want to play more. Cheers to cable, manad and merry for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I'm going to have a crack at the Black Spindle if anyone is about and wants to join.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

hello is it me
    I can take
    OK I DON'T NO THE WORDS
    hello is it me he

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Just catching up on Boards now, bad hangover today so had no intentions of gaming. I see the Spindle mission is up. Fect it anyway, will have to go e it a shot after my Chinese gets here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dear god I drink a lot. Apologies to Idea Squirrel who has the coolest name and had to endure my Myley Cryus/Adele repartoire,
    That Black Spindle mission was a pain, nearly as bad as getting murdered by Mitch and Johnny in SRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

100 Salvage Wins..... finally

Should it be IB tomorrow, or is it due next week? Can never remember if it should be starting the 21 days after the previous ended, or 28days.

Should it be IB tomorrow, or is it due next week? Can never remember if it should be starting the 21 days after the previous ended, or 28days.

I would be VERY surprised if it was next Tue instead of this Tue as that would put it on X-Mass week

17th November (4 weeks ago)
    13th October (5 weeks Ago)
    25th August (7 Weeks before that)
    28th July (4 Weeks)
    30th June (4 Weeks)
    2nd June (4 Weeks)
    28th April (5 Weeks)
    17th March (6 Weeks)
    17th February (4 Weeks)
    13th January (5 Weeks)
    16th December (4 weeks)
    18th November (4 weeks)
    7th October (6 weeks)

Cheers Cormac.

Will be interesting to see what the challenge is tomorrow.

I would guess it will be a different runner each time.

Was told at the weekend by a fella who claims to be a games tester and get such information (PS_Smokey or Smokey_PS) that it wouldn't be possible to do the no knight strategy, but I can't see why no knight strat would mean you can't do no knight. He was saying you will need to kill the knights, but the knights are a hard mode only mechanic, so it couldn't be done in normal.

A different runner would simply have it being the same additional mechanic as the previous two challenges.

Will be wanting to put together a decent group for it tomorrow night, with the right mix of classes - on one of the PUGs I tried at the weekend it started with 6 hunters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Anyone in need of a new PS4 controller?

controller_skin_b0e9446f-28c4-4a56-8a38-7f2bd67cb06b.jpg?v=1449600563

Was told at the weekend by a fella who claims to be a games tester and get such information (PS_Smokey or Smokey_PS) that it wouldn't be possible to do the no knight strategy, but I can't see why no knight strat would mean you can't do no knight. He was saying you will need to kill the knights, but the knights are a hard mode only mechanic, so it couldn't be done in normal.

Sounds like total rubbish tbh (him, not you)
    A different runner would simply have it being the same additional mechanic as the previous two challenges.

Will be wanting to put together a decent group for it tomorrow night, with the right mix of classes - on one of the PUGs I tried at the weekend it started with 6 hunters!

I'll be available in a range of different sublcasses for this, but won't be on till 9:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    I would be VERY surprised if it was next Tue instead of this Tue as that would put it on X-Mass week

17th November (4 weeks ago)
    13th October (5 weeks Ago)
    25th August (7 Weeks before that)
    28th July (4 Weeks)
    30th June (4 Weeks)
    2nd June (4 Weeks)
    28th April (5 Weeks)
    17th March (6 Weeks)
    17th February (4 Weeks)
    13th January (5 Weeks)
    16th December (4 weeks)
    18th November (4 weeks)
    7th October (6 weeks)

Hope its Christmas week for IB. I can play a decent bit then. But I bet it'll start the week SLR finishes so the Tuesday after Christmas.

Will be on tonight to do Golg. I know Johnny Itchy Steve and Stone still need to do it (or did you's get it done last night after ?) so will you guys be around tonight as well ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

Will be interesting to see what the challenge is tomorrow. I would guess it will be a different runner each time.

None of the other challenge mechanics have added that much complexity to the battle, but in both the Warpriest and Golgoroth, it's been fairly easy to mess up the challenge (i.e. someone grabs the aura on Warpriest after the current holder dies, someone fails to grab Golgoroth's gaze).

A different relic runner each time fits the bill for the level of challenge we've seen. Not much added complexity, but the chance of messing things up by missing your jumps / taking too long etc (especially as most people don't run relic regularly).

This is bullshït.

I'm up for that if you're on Xbox One (GT: NutCity). 6 hunters sounds totally fine to me to be honest. You could tether bosses multiple times per run. If you said 6 Warlocks now...

Sounds like total rubbish tbh (him, not you)

I'll be available in a range of different sublcasses for this, but won't be on till 9:30

quite possibly. He may indeed work for a gamestester company - don't know why Bungie would be giving any outside company such information though (he wasn't claiming to have tested the challenge)

This is the Clan/Fella.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/GroupMembers/238300

He is the founder - has Xbox and PS accounts.

I found this very funny :pac:

I found this very funny :pac:

Saw that the other night. The bit where he is quickscoping in the Forgotten Shore and says GET REKT after hardscoping a dreg :D

In fairness to that Smokey lad - he was a good raid leader. it was clear a few of the people had hardly tried Oryx, and one (at elast) had never done a knights strat.

Got it done without too much hassle, explained it well and was clear what everyones jobs were, no panic. Very patient. Was one squeeker he had to give up on. We almost had it beat but everything went to sh1t when the sqeeker died in the shade and started SHOUTING CONTINUOUSLY. "OMG DUNNO WHAT HAPPENED SUCH BS JUST WIPE GUYS F*CKING GAME STUPID SH1T NO WAY MAN JUST WIPE AARRRRRGHHH WHAT BS NEVER DIED LIKE THAT BEFORE WIPE WIPE WIPE"

If you've nothing helpful to say at Oryx, SAY NOTHING.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Cheers Cormac.

Will be interesting to see what the challenge is tomorrow.

I would guess it will be a different runner each time.

I would be up for a run. I really want to do my warlock first as he is the character with 49 fragments. Might be worth doing a run on normal first, just to get the fragment and the mechanics down.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hope its Christmas week for IB. I can play a decent bit then. But I bet it'll start the week SLR finishes so the Tuesday after Christmas.

Will be on tonight to do Golg. I know Johnny Itchy Steve and Stone still need to do it (or did you's get it done last night after ?) so will you guys be around tonight as well ?

I'll be on if you need a hand

As long as you pick the 5 (in case a bomb doesn't go off) runners before you start, it should be ok as long as everyones using builds with about 50% Agility.

1st Runner = Swapper
    2nd Runner = Platformer 1 (swapper takes their place)
    3rd Runner = Platformer 2 (swapper takes their place)
    4th Runner = Platformer 3 (swapper takes their place)
    5th Runner = Titan with Weapons of Light (maybe just kill Ogres on 1 side if you only need 1 or 2 bombs)

As long as you pick the 5 (in case a bomb doesn't go off) runners before you start, it should be ok as long as everyones using builds with about 50% Agility.

1st Runner = Swapper
    2nd Runner = Platformer 1 (swapper takes their place)
    3rd Runner = Platformer 2 (swapper takes their place)
    4th Runner = Platformer 3 (swapper takes their place)
    5th Runner = Titan with Weapons of Light (maybe just kill Ogres on 1 side if you only need 1 or 2 bombs)

Ah here Cormac there's no need to have 50% agility. I've ran relic on all three characters and all have minimum agility and I can still make it around before the Vessel appears.

If anything 50% agility is taking away from your armour and recovery which are much more important in HM Oryx.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ah here Cormac there's no need to have 50% agility. I've ran relic on all three characters and all have minimum agility and I can still make it around before the Vessel appears.

If anything 50% agility is taking away from your armour and recovery which are much more important in HM Oryx.

Well ok. I just prefer more balanced builds these days as Armour seems to be doing so little since the balancing patch. Are you using the Raid boots that buff Agility while torn?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement