Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,249 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    As long as you pick the 5 (in case a bomb doesn't go off) runners before you start, it should be ok as long as everyones using builds with about 50% Agility.

1st Runner = Swapper
    2nd Runner = Platformer 1 (swapper takes their place)
    3rd Runner = Platformer 2 (swapper takes their place)
    4th Runner = Platformer 3 (swapper takes their place)
    5th Runner = Titan with Weapons of Light (maybe just kill Ogres on 1 side if you only need 1 or 2 bombs)
    Wouldn't be keen on leaving ogres roaming the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wouldn't be keen on leaving ogres roaming the area.

You know me, I do love killing Ogres, I just wanted to keep them all to my own self

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Well ok. I just prefer more balanced builds these days as Armour seems to be doing so little since the balancing patch. Are you using the Raid boots that buff Agility while torn?

Not on the Hunter. Only got those the other day. But I do have them on the Titan and Warlock. But I was quick around even before I'd the boots.

The extra armour and recovery are more beneficial. No point having agility when you spend over half the time in the Oryx fight stationary between the standing on platforms and shooting from the Aura.

From some of the PS guys posts here it seems ye tend to over complicate an awful lot with builds/strategies etc. Just drop that and get in and enjoy it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »

Will be on tonight to do Golg. I know Johnny Itchy Steve and Stone still need to do it (or did you's get it done last night after ?) so will you guys be around tonight as well ?

I didnt get it done anyway, I'll be on tonight at around 9:30 I reckon if people are giving a go at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I didnt get it done anyway, I'll be on tonight at around 9:30 I reckon if people are giving a go at it.

I have it done but if I'm on and ye're stuck a player, fire an invite and I'll gladly help as best as I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Hope its Christmas week for IB. I can play a decent bit then. But I bet it'll start the week SLR finishes so the Tuesday after Christmas.

Will be on tonight to do Golg. I know Johnny Itchy Steve and Stone still need to do it (or did you's get it done last night after ?) so will you guys be around tonight as well ?

IB after SRL sounds right. It would be great if it was this week though!

Ger and Manad helped with the Black Spindle after you left. I also got the ship, much to Ger's dismay! I just needed a couple of runs to get used to it. Smacked the boss around with the sword, then kept sniping until he went down. That final room is a clusterf*ck. Enemies and blights have more HP when there are 3 in the fireteam. After that we did a bit of Trials to finish off the bounties I started last week.

I doubt I'll be on tonight. I'm suffering with a bit of manflu. But if I do get on, I'll definitely be up for Golg.

Ger and Manad helped with the Black Spindle after you left. I also got the ship, much to Ger's dismay! I just needed a couple of runs to get used to it. Smacked the boss around with the sword, then kept sniping until he went down. That final room is a clusterf*ck. Enemies and blights have more HP when there are 3 in the fireteam. After that we did a bit of Trials to finish off the bounties I started last week.

I doubt I'll be on tonight. I'm suffering with a bit of manflu. But if I do get on, I'll definitely be up for Golg.

I'd say Ger was impressed by that :D

No worries. I'll send out invites anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

you did well to get the ship, always lots of stuff on reddit about you only get one chance to get the ship, some believe its bugged.

I'll be on later tonight if your stuck for numbers, give me a break from SRL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Well able to run relic, just a tad slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

If it is that it has to be a different runner each till I will go sixth.
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Happy to help with golgoroth later too if ye find it hard to get 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

;)

Probably best to have the titans run last. Titans are the most useful for killing the ogres when you add weapons and blessing bubbles into the mix.

;)

Or first so we can wipe straight away :P its hard to know what else they could put in though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Or first so we can wipe straight away :P its hard to know what else they could put in though.

Be shocked if it was anything else, none of the challenges so far have changed the mechanics. Only other possibilities I can think of is maybe you can't have someone on the same platform more than once or all bombs have to be detonated every time (which would be too easy really).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

never beaten oryx on hard mode, would it take 6 relic runs to beat him , say with an average team of 310 light, with Malice's/Spindles ?

syboit wrote: »
    never beaten oryx on hard mode, would it take 6 relic runs to beat him , say with an average team of 310 light, with Malice's/Spindles ?

No 4 runs minimum same a normal, the fight isn't much different apart from the knights spawning and the ads hitting harder.

Maybe the challenge will be to kill all the knights. Those who run No Knight will be fecked :D

Maybe the challenge will be to kill all the knights. Those who run No Knight will be fecked :D

Can't be - as there are no knights in normal mode so it wouldn't work there.

Can't be - as there are no knights in normal mode so it wouldn't work there.

Good point. Forgot about that :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No 4 runs minimum same a normal, the fight isn't much different apart from the knights spawning and the ads hitting harder.

taking out the challenge aspect - its just a case of needing to be stronger (to not die) and communicating. It isn't really any more difficult mechanically, as you say.

Ogres still go down quick - just need to snipe the first 2 knights at least, can usually get the third with issues - 4th might need some help on as you probably won't have someone hardscoping them (2 in the middle for ogres means you can't).

Make sure you take a few seconds to kill ads from the middle before running to the bombs so they are safe to get to and BAM. Round 1 do, rinse and repeat.

• Advertisement

taking out the challenge aspect - its just a case of needing to be stronger (to not die) and communicating. It isn't really any more difficult mechanically, as you say.

Ogres still go down quick - just need to snipe the first 2 knights at least, can usually get the third with issues - 4th might need some help on as you probably won't have someone hardscoping them (2 in the middle for ogres means you can't).

Make sure you take a few seconds to kill ads from the middle before running to the bombs so they are safe to get to and BAM. Round 1 do, rinse and repeat.

If I'm on the second last platform I grenade and double snipe my Orge. Then spin around and double snipe my Knight. If the guys in the middle still haven't killed the last Orge I'll finish him off and then spin to the last night and grenade him. If I've time ill snipe him as well.

We always have one guy front and back dedicated to adds and they mop up the remaining knights while the other for kill the Vessel.

If I'm on the second last platform I grenade and double snipe my Orge. Then spin around and double snipe my Knight. If the guys in the middle still haven't killed the last Orge I'll finish him off and then spin to the last night and grenade him. If I've time ill snipe him as well.

We always have one guy front and back dedicated to adds and they mop up the remaining knights while the other for kill the Vessel.

Similar to how i would do Knights strat.

If you have two in the middle (at least one being a titan with blessings) two ToMs will rinse the ogres fairly quick - especially if a warlock can chuck a solar grenade at them.

From the thrid platform I would help on my ogre - snipe my knight, and finish off the 4th ogre (if I can see him and he needs it) then run to the centre - then look for the last knight with the aid of blessings. one of the middle guys should also be on that look out too. I'd never snipe an ogre. ToM all the way.

Was running it that way at the weekend and it takes someone actually fecking up to not get it done - actual, correctable, mistakes. Sometimes you can be killed by ads, but if you are running it quickly enough it really shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I'd say Ger was impressed by that :D

No worries. I'll send out invites anyway.

Actually, count me in. I need the Calcified Fragment. I'm still 2 short on my Warlock for ToM and I don't know which ones because I got a lot of fragments on my Hunter. So stupid you can't track by character.

destinycalcifiedfragments.com shows 45/50, but I only have 43 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I still need to do golgy, hopefully be around for 10 at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Similar to how i would do Knights strat.

If you have two in the middle (at least one being a titan with blessings) two ToMs will rinse the ogres fairly quick - especially if a warlock can chuck a solar grenade at them.

From the thrid platform I would help on my ogre - snipe my knight, and finish off the 4th ogre (if I can see him and he needs it) then run to the centre - then look for the last knight with the aid of blessings. one of the middle guys should also be on that look out too. I'd never snipe an ogre. ToM all the way.

Was running it that way at the weekend and it takes someone actually fecking up to not get it done - actual, correctable, mistakes. Sometimes you can be killed by ads, but if you are running it quickly enough it really shouldn't be an issue.

Sniping Ogres is very useful. If you are a little late to an ogre or an a platform - snipe him. It will stun the bejaysus out of him and stop him getting too close. If I am in the centre as a Titan I would snipe the ogres if we needed to make up time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭Damien360

Thanks to boards clan GenericDreadhead who walked me through Destiny last night til 2 in the morning. Still cannot figure out what I am supposed to be doing. Don't suppose there is a manual :) Talk to this guy and then another in game......

muchtooold3 (read much_too_old) if anyone is interested helping a newbie to the game. My son shares the account early in the day so if you are PM'ing and I ignore you, that is the reason.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Thanks to boards clan GenericDreadhead who walked me through Destiny last night til 2 in the morning. Still cannot figure out what I am supposed to be doing. Don't suppose there is a manual :) Talk to this guy and then another in game......

muchtooold3 (read much_too_old) if anyone is interested helping a newbie to the game. My son shares the account early in the day so if you are PM'ing and I ignore you, that is the reason.

He's not the Clan. He's just a guy that hangs around here to much, like a bad smell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ThePaddygamer

Gamertag: Deathsword32128
    Guardian Level: Warlock level 35 (I have other guardians but i usually use the warlock)
    Interested in playing: (IDK what you mean by this but imma say im usually interested in playing as my warlock guardian .-.)

Gamertag: Deathsword32128
    Guardian Level: Warlock level 35 (I have other guardians but i usually use the warlock)
    Interested in playing: (IDK what you mean by this but imma say im usually interested in playing as my warlock guardian .-.)

What Console ? I'll guess Xbox.

I think they meant Raids, Strikes, Crucible etc but I like your answer better :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

destinycalcifiedfragments.com shows 45/50, but I only have 43 :mad:

I was on 44/50, ran a tier 3 CoO with the lads and got the fragment, delighted. Got back to tower, no ToM, the site shows 45/50 but I now only have 44/50 :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement