Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Damien360 wrote: »
    Thanks to boards clan GenericDreadhead who walked me through Destiny last night til 2 in the morning. Still cannot figure out what I am supposed to be doing. Don't suppose there is a manual :) Talk to this guy and then another in game......

muchtooold3 (read much_too_old) if anyone is interested helping a newbie to the game. My son shares the account early in the day so if you are PM'ing and I ignore you, that is the reason.

No problem, sorry I was off mic for so long, I was watching TV with the missus while I was playing until she fecked off to bed.

Most of what you'll learn in Destiny is from other players.... Bungie are pretty bad at explaining the basics of stuff at a LOT of junctures.

If you see me online, send me an invite or message and I'll jump in with you to give you a hand and I can explain more as we go.... was actually holding back yesterday so I wouldn't just info dump on you :D

My advice would be to complete the Fallen (one we were on Step 7 for) and the Hive (one we were on step 2 for) and you'll have a MUCH better idea of what's what.... after the game will widen up a bit more

The idea earlier is to try and triple dip on Bounties and Quests.

So if you have:
    "Get X amount of Precision (critical) hits"
    "Get Kills with Fist of Havoc"
    "Get Kills on the Moon"
    "Do X Mission on the Moon"
    "Get X kills a Titan"

You can do all these together at once.

Don't bother upgrading any green on blue gear for now, the rate you earn "Better" armour will be faster than you can upgrade it.
    Always wear your "Biggest Number" items when decrying engrams.

It takes a bit of time but the 1st 12 hours or so are kind of "Single Player" for the most part.

Also, feel free to jump in and Give the strikes a bash if they are unlocked - Just make sure you have a good sniper rifle for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I was on 44/50, ran a tier 3 CoO with the lads and got the fragment, delighted. Got back to tower, no ToM, the site shows 45/50 but I now only have 44/50 :rolleyes:

That's unlucky man. The fragment you got in CoO must have been 1 you got on another character already. It's stupid that we can't track per character. I royally screwed up with my main, but I have not done any of the Raid Challenges so there's hope yet!

I'm still missing 2 achievements - Hunger Pangs and Flawless Raider. I want to get both of these done soon. Would you be interested in running Crota for the Flawless some time this week? Anyone else need it/up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I've never run crota so I'd def be interested. I also need to kill atheon on the hunter so am also up for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I've never run crota so I'd def be interested. I also need to kill atheon on the hunter so am also up for that!

Same here , would like to do both Crota/VOG at some stage again.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Sounds like a weekend job then. We'll round some people up and do it. We flew through last time! I know the Crota raid a lot better than VoG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I've no idea which fragments I've collected on each character.

Would I be as well off deleting one and start collecting them fresh on the new character rather than spend my time going around and hoping to pick up the ones I'm missing on an existing character?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've no idea which fragments I've collected on each character.

Would I be as well off deleting one and start collecting them fresh on the new character rather than spend my time going around and hoping to pick up the ones I'm missing on an existing character?

just stick with the character that has the most already and start working through from the first fragment, hopefully the ones you're missing won't be the last ones you get. Either way, it doesn't take long to go through them all with a guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone see this yet?

Poor Mtashed came across RealKraftyy on Trials the other night....

We were actually watching it live from Kraftys stream at the time, but Krafty doesn't do YT so we get to see what it's like being on the end of one of the world's best players.... Who isn't even playing that well, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sounds like a weekend job then. We'll round some people up and do it. We flew through last time! I know the Crota raid a lot better than VoG.

No offence to the lads but if your going for a flawless there's no point bringing someone whos never even done that raid before.

I'll help with the flawless and I'll run VOG and Crota after that to show the lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,249 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No IB until after sparrow racing finishes on the 29th. F&CK YOU BUNGIE. Now I hate SRL.

• Advertisement

No IB until after sparrow racing finishes on the 29th. F&CK YOU BUNGIE. Now I hate SRL.

Called it earlier !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

New Years Eve Iron Banner-Thon!!!!

Ah the lovely frustration that is the inability to even sign in to PSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

taking out the challenge aspect - its just a case of needing to be stronger (to not die) and communicating. It isn't really any more difficult mechanically, as you say.

Ogres still go down quick - just need to snipe the first 2 knights at least, can usually get the third with issues - 4th might need some help on as you probably won't have someone hardscoping them (2 in the middle for ogres means you can't).

Make sure you take a few seconds to kill ads from the middle before running to the bombs so they are safe to get to and BAM. Round 1 do, rinse and repeat.

You telling him and he knows ;)

Challenge should be grand , I can see it being automatically selected though rather than people deciding amongst themselves.

Actually found a clip of two weeks back when I last killed Oryx using the normal strat. Wasn't much point in doing it last weekend really.
    Ye may watch for educational purposes. It starts on the second run of the relic I think, could be wrong.

http://xboxclips.com/In4Ab8tin/703549bd-a1f7-4ff0-b9b3-4f82894243af

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Man I'm terrible at SRL. Being sober makes no difference. Think my Titan's too heavy. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Man I'm terrible at SRL. Being sober makes no difference. Think my Titan's too heavy. :rolleyes:

I was doing ****e all day yesterday and then last evening things just clicked and I took first in about 10 put of 12. Nail the shortcuts, save boost for the 2 or 3 nasty corners so you can strafe out of the slide and make sure you use your pitch and yaw helm when required.

Edit: also stick on the srl shaders for a teeny bit more rep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

^ I did not know any of this, thanks.

I was on 44/50, ran a tier 3 CoO with the lads and got the fragment, delighted. Got back to tower, no ToM, the site shows 45/50 but I now only have 44/50 :rolleyes:

Same happened to me - which I guess is going to stop me from getting to 50 fragments too.

I should have got two fragments from one of my T3 CoO completions but the game only recorded one in terms of ToM. Beating Oryx this week in challenge mode should net me Fragment 49 (with a T3 CoO boss to beat for 50) but I will be forever stuck in 49 in the game I reckon.

It is like Bungie and Activision are going out of their way to create reasons to hate Destiny - whatever about the packs themselves (INDIVIDUAL PACKS???) the price point is INSANE. I love Destiny, but this type of things leaves a really sour taste in my mouth, the price point just isn't justifiable.

https://i.imgur.com/j26p6Y2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LXZYyPr.jpg

Arc Burn on Dust Palace for the NF.

Might be worth running with Zalo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

It is like Bungie and Activision are going out of their way to create reasons to hate Destiny - whatever about the packs themselves (INDIVIDUAL PACKS???) the price point is INSANE. I love Destiny, but this type of things leaves a really sour taste in my mouth, the price point just isn't justifiable.

https://i.imgur.com/j26p6Y2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LXZYyPr.jpg

Woah woah woah. Subclass boosting? They really are trying their damndest to milk the player. If they keep going this way, Destiny 2 could be a financial flop. Paying for cosmetic stuff only is ok, if thats your thing, but this bying to boost a subclass is just a little too far in the wrong direction.

Woah woah woah. Subclass boosting? They really are trying their damndest to milk the player. If they keep going this way, Destiny 2 could be a financial flop. Paying for cosmetic stuff only is ok, if thats your thing, but this bying to boost a subclass is just a little too far in the wrong direction.
    I would assume it is similar (or the exact same) to the rep boost class items you got with legendary or collectors edition of TTK which offered little enough actual boost, imo.

The item itself I have no real issue with, to be honest - it really just allows new players to get up to speed quicker, and thus join in end game activities with 'vet' players that bit sooner - not a bad thing itself. For me, it is the fact the packs are class specific and cost a fecking fortune too that really bugs me. It is a really sh1tty move and a real attempt to simply gouge their player base. Very, VERY poor from Activision and Bungie, a really detestable move, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

End game activities? Like barrelling around a track with mates for 320 gear? Ffs

This game is dead

I would assume it is similar (or the exact same) to the rep boost class items you got with legendary or collectors edition of TTK which offered little enough actual boost, imo.

The item itself I have no real issue with, to be honest - it really just allows new players to get up to speed quicker, and thus join in end game activities with 'vet' players that bit sooner - not a bad thing itself. For me, it is the fact the packs are class specific and cost a fecking fortune too that really bugs me. It is a really sh1tty move and a real attempt to simply gouge their player base. Very, VERY poor from Activision and Bungie, a really detestable move, imo.

True enough, but where do you stop? Sure it's only a subclass. But how cosmetic is a subclass?

The price point is beyond taking the pi$$ though. Same price as TTK itself was when released. I just can't help but feel that it's the first step in the wrong direction for microtransactions. Remember, they are changing the business model for year 2 to MT's. They need MT's to work and be profitable to continue giving us content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

why are the prices different - $25 on one page for the hunter and then $44 on the other?

that being said, I can see the appeal somewhat, I dont have enough hours in the week to run 1 character, not to mind 3, I'd love to have a fully specced titan and warlock to try out a different role in raids etc at least.

but the most I'd pay is 5 - 10 euros.

edit: - and the wording is funny - it says "a subclass boost", if it doesn't boost all 3 subclasses they can eff right off

why are the prices different - $25 on one page for the hunter and then $44 on the other?

that being said, I can see the appeal somewhat, I dont have enough hours in the week to run 1 character, not to mind 3, I'd love to have a fully specced titan and warlock to try out a different role in raids etc at least.

but the most I'd pay is 5 - 10 euros.

edit: - and the wording is funny - it says "a subclass boost", if it doesn't boost all 3 subclasses they can eff right off

The images COULD be US$ and AUS$ differences, but I don't know really.

End game activities? Like barrelling around a track with mates for 320 gear? Ffs

This game is dead
    No - end game activities such as Nightfall, Iron Banner, Raids and Trials.

I wouldn't say the game is dead - i'm sure to be on tonight trying to beat Oryx for a 320 primary (or 3).

1) Those prices and boosts are beyond pathetic and nasty as f**k
    2) I don't agree with players barrelling their way to level 25. Whats so wrong with playing for 2 or 3 sittings, enjoying the initial Vanilla/tDB/HoW experience, learning about your weapons/subclass/how to play etc. If someone basically boots up the game and plays for like 2 sittings and is level 40 taking part in end game activities that's a total "Gimme" and you end up with inexperienced players who are used to being carried. Boosts should only be used for Alt characters.... limited to that in fact if you ask me
    3) F**k those micro transactions

Exactly. 1 subclass. for 30 / 40 quid.

Activision have a history with this stuff, just look at WoW. Character boost to lvl 99 (max being 100).

If it was EA and not Activision stumping up the development cash, and they pulled this out, would the reactions be worse because it's EA? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

If it was EA and not Activision stumping up the development cash, and they pulled this out, would the reactions be worse because it's EA? :rolleyes:

Activision are pretty much on Par with EA now if you ask me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement