Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

It is like Bungie and Activision are going out of their way to create reasons to hate Destiny - whatever about the packs themselves (INDIVIDUAL PACKS???) the price point is INSANE. I love Destiny, but this type of things leaves a really sour taste in my mouth, the price point just isn't justifiable.

https://i.imgur.com/j26p6Y2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LXZYyPr.jpg

This. This I detest. This is flying too close to Pay to Win for my tastes. I had reservations about the cosmetic microtransactions, but knowing it doesn't affect how I play the game eased it. This however, as cormac pointed out, is going to put a lot of new players in the game who won't have learned anything through playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    Activision are pretty much on Par with EA now if you ask me.

Nope. Activision are on par with EA 10-15 years ago when they were at their worst when they were releasing generic movie tie in games and running their best studios like Westwood and Bullfrog into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Oryx Challenege done. Reformulates

No info yet on strat

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Starting to look more and more like a free to play game week by week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

1) Those prices and boosts are beyond pathetic and nasty as f**k
    2) I don't agree with players barrelling their way to level 25. Whats so wrong with playing for 2 or 3 sittings, enjoying the initial Vanilla/tDB/HoW experience, learning about your weapons/subclass/how to play etc. If someone basically boots up the game and plays for like 2 sittings and is level 40 taking part in end game activities that's a total "Gimme" and you end up with inexperienced players who are used to being carried. Boosts should only be used for Alt characters.... limited to that in fact if you ask me
    3) F**k those micro transactions

1) yeah the prices are scandalous
    2) a lot of the year 1 stuff is as boring as sh1t to replay now. I made an attempt to start a titan class but couldn't stick going back through the story again. Inexperieced players should only be an issue for you if you're intent on going out playing with randomers.
    3) I'm inclined to go both ways on this one, for everyones that complained, there sure are a lot of people out there with fancy emotes and dances. Even on the pay to win front - what are you winning exactly? a noob who comes in and buys all his subclasses still isn't going to be any good at something like trials etc as he hasn't spent the time getting to know his class. The raid etc are all essentially co-op story mode experience. The only thing you stand to gain is better weapon that can transfer in Iron banner / trials.
    If anything you're robbing yourself of content by paying to skip it, but with 170 hours in one character at the moment, I've no desire to invest that kind of time into two others just have 2 more characters that are hard raid ready.

I'm delighted that loads of people have gotten the chance to see the ins and outs of all the classes, but I also feel that I'm missing out on the experience, purely down to not having enough free time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

It is like Bungie and Activision are going out of their way to create reasons to hate Destiny - whatever about the packs themselves (INDIVIDUAL PACKS???) the price point is INSANE. I love Destiny, but this type of things leaves a really sour taste in my mouth, the price point just isn't justifiable.

https://i.imgur.com/j26p6Y2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LXZYyPr.jpg

For the gamers.

r879sk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Oryx Challenge. Detonate 16 orbs at once. That is never fight the Shade.

emmetkenny wrote: »

Wouldn't that mean always fighting the shade? As all four are not detonated each rotation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,249 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wouldn't that mean always fighting the shade? As all four are not detonated each rotation?

Correct - he regains favour of the darkness or whatever after every round and you never get the mortar bit - goes straight to the shade after round one.

Kill the ogre and knight (in HM) on each run, don't detonate the bomb. Kill the shade after rounds 1, 2 and 3 - detonate all 16 orbs after round 4, go kill Oryx.

Only issue is making sure all 4 ogres are killed in their spawn spot each time, or it may be difficult/impossible to detonate all 16 at once. Might be possible to send the 5th person to a stray bomb on the last run, but dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Starting to look more and more like a free to play game week by week.

Except we paid full price :p. If this is the future for Destiny, then we should not be paying for any future DLC, and Destiny 2 should be free to play. There trying to have there cake and eat it too right now, and imho its taking the piss now.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Correct - he regains favour of the darkness or whatever after every round and you never get the mortar bit - goes straight to the shade after round one.

Kill the ogre and knight (in HM) on each run, don't detonate the bomb. Kill the shade after rounds 1, 2 and 3 - detonate all 16 orbs after round 4, go kill Oryx.

Only issue is making sure all 4 ogres are killed in their spawn spot each time, or it may be difficult/impossible to detonate all 16 at once. Might be possible to send the 5th person to a stray bomb on the last run, but dunno.

If you have two people with ToM in the middle and a blessings bubble then there's no reason the ogres should get out of their spawn anyway, even if they move a bit there's quite a big area around the bomb you can stand in. I reckon most wipes will be a result of a knight getting to the bombs or people being teleported in just as the shade slams.

You only get teleported when Oryx gets to a certain level. If you don't detonate the bombs until you have 16 at once then you won't damage him each phase to get him low enough to teleport you.

Edit: I thought the teleports are linked to Oryx health bar ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Yayyyy, a 3rd Oryx Hard stategy to learn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Done it just now, first attempt.

Best strategy to kill oryx by far, so easy it was almost ridiculous

got the last fragment, 320 helm and that's about it. Nothing else worth mentioning.

Yayyyy, a 3rd Oryx Hard stategy to learn

Looks to be basically the same as the Knights strategy, you just don't have to leave the aura to detonate a bomb in the first 3 rounds. It is less work and less chance to die than the usual Knights strat.

Just need to be sure you take the Ogres down basically on their spot and that you tether the vessel to make it easier to kill him and make sure he doesn't eat a bomb either.

You only get teleported when Oryx gets to a certain level. If you don't detonate the bombs until you have 16 at once then you won't damage him each phase to get him low enough to teleport you.

Kinda.

At half health he teleports you - but also does it if you fail to detonate any of the bombs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

Nice, I called bullshït on the comment that you would not be able to do no knight strategy on hard mode, but it actually appears that's correct. Looking forward to giving this a shot at the weekend. Actually sounds tricky enough.

Potential rewards I've seen mentioned include an emblem (guaranteed), 320 artifact (guaranteed), 320 primary OR a 320 helmet (guaranteed one of them), and the chance of getting the hard mode raid ship.

Serbian wrote: »
    Potential rewards I've seen mention include an emblem (guaranteed), 320 artifact (guaranteed), 320 primary OR a 320 helmet (guaranteed one of them), and the chance of getting the hard mode raid ship.

The first chap to do it got the ship alright.

No if you miss too many bombs he teleports you too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Someone posted the normal mode strat on Reddit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUEzvsqWZlU

• Advertisement

Someone posted the normal mode strat on Reddit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUEzvsqWZlU

Video is couple months old. So they accidentally stumbled on the challenge strat by just messing around.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No if you miss too many bombs he teleports you too.

Ah didn't realise that. See we do it so well that never happens !!

Itchy said he'd 20 mins left when he rejoined last night. Beat Oryx with 4 minutes to spare :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Video is couple months old. So they accidentally stumbled on the challenge strat by just messing around.

Yup, his message on Reddit was something along the lines of "Called it in October".

You will get teleported if you do no damage at all on him, hence why this strategy works so well. Because you dont do any damage (as you dont detonate the bombs) he will always teleport you!

Done it 3 times already, 1 attempt everyime

Seriously easy guys dont worry much about it, sad challenge and to think this is it PvE wise :(

I'm guessing the ole AoE grenades will be handy for keeping the Ogres in place so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ah didn't realise that. See we do it so well that never happens !!

Itchy said he'd 20 mins left when he rejoined last night. Beat Oryx with 4 minutes to spare :D

Ah ye got to the end after? sweet.

if ye want me to hold a checkpoint for the weekend again let me know, I probably won be back on until wednesday or thursday night again.

Im not at all just thinking of myself and getting a handy checkpoint, honest :D[

Ah ye got to the end after? sweet.

if ye want me to hold a checkpoint for the weekend again let me know, I probably won be back on until wednesday or thursday night again.

Im not at all just thinking of myself and getting a handy checkpoint, honest :D[

Sounds good. We can run you through it whenever your on anyway.

Bohrio wrote: »
    You will get teleported if you do no damage at all on him, hence why this strategy works so well. Because you dont do any damage (as you dont detonate the bombs) he will always teleport you!

Done it 3 times already, 1 attempt everyime

Seriously easy guys dont worry much about it, sad challenge and to think this is it PvE wise :(

So if you do no damage he dosent do his mortar blast ?

I find that the hardest part now because of stupid sprint cancel.

So if you do no damage he dosent do his mortar blast ?

I find that the hardest part now because of stupid sprint cancel.

No you need to stagger him otherwise he will kill you, so you will need to stagger him. Basically follow this rules

Kill ogres on its spot using a combination of weapons and blessing and with the help of everyone including the platform fellas

Kills knights as the spawn (platform fellas responsibility except for the last one who will require everyones help

Kills vessel (person runner with the solar sword will be perfect)

Clear adds

Stagger Oryx (otherwise you will die)

Clear adds until the protective aura runs out

Prepare for teleportation!

Kills the shadow

Rinse and repeat

On the 4th run, after you stagger oryx, detonate blights (all 16)

And that's it

• Advertisement

Aaaaaaand now Salty/Noobzerker/Kevin has deleted the game cause of his connection issues.

Probably one of the better players in the country

R.I.P.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement