Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Aaaaaaand now Salty/Noobzerker/Kevin has deleted the game cause of his connection issues.

Probably one of the better players in the country

R.I.P.

Maybe he was good because he lagged around and nobody could shoot him :D

Was it just disconnects though ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,246 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Aaaaaaand now Salty/Noobzerker/Kevin has deleted the game cause of his connection issues.

R.I.P.
    ah thats a shame - a good fella to play with.:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

R.I.P.

Ah he will come back at some point :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

ah thats a shame - a good fella to play with.:(

Plenty of other good fellas to play with tho :P

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Plenty of other good fellas to play with tho :P

THERE'LL NEVER BE ANOTHER SALTY MINGE!:mad::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

R.I.P.

This is not true isnt it... not sure now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

THERE'LL NEVER BE ANOTHER SALTY MINGE!:mad::(

Some of that "Trolling" was some of the funniest sh!t in the game tbh, the abuse he used to get.

He said if he gets better internet he'll return, so there's that.

Guess it sucks to be in the west of Ireland (Mayo I think or something) for a game that doesn't have dedicated servers cause of data-packets (That sound about right Cal?)
    Bohrio wrote: »
    This is not true isnt it... not sure now

Yeah it is, he rage quit the chat rooms cause of (what i'm assuming is) his connection making doing the Oryx Challenge impossible for the rest of the team.

We assumed it was a mistake and Optimus re-added him, so then he said he's done and he's deleting the game until he has a better internet connection cause he doesn't like how his connection can ruin it for others.

He has a history of being a passionate decision maker :o So we'll see if he does come back :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

That's a shame really. Never really noticed any issues when playing with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Damn these challenge modes... My life the last few weeks has been -

Work, eat, raid, repeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Damn these challenge modes... My life the last few weeks year has been -

Work, eat, raid, repeat

FYP :P

• Advertisement

Damn these challenge modes... My life the last few weeks year has been -

Work, eat, raid, repeat

FYP :P
    Add your reply here.

Dave's only new !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I've only been raid ready in the last 2-3 months or so... Destiny is all I know now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've only been raid ready in the last 2-3 months or so... Destiny is all I know now.

I actually can't remember what my life was like before Destiny.

gimli2112 wrote: »

I think it had something to do with wrecking balls and guinness? :P haha

sober?

sober?

oh btw guys I hope you have your 49 calcified fragments... cause the price for your 50th is.... a shader.

Bohrio wrote: »
    oh btw guys I hope you have your 49 calcified fragments... cause the price for your 50th is.... a shader.

no, I have 47, and can only get to 49 I think, as only 2 are listed as missing.

Convinced the game glitched me out of one a while back (same happened to another poster, according to a post yesterday).

no, I have 47, and can only get to 49 I think, as only 2 are listed as missing.

Convinced the game glitched me out of one a while back (same happened to another poster, according to a post yesterday).

Yes I had the same problem, 3 characters didnt know which one was missing, so I went through all of them it turns out it was this weeks T3... so I got all 50 of them now.

Go through everything again, remember if you have more than 1 character the grimoire will not show which character has it!

Fairly sure I'm in the same boat now tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm just missing 3 - Oryx Challenge / Agonarch Rune / Nightfall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Well guys thanks for all the kind words but i had to stop playing destiny,my god dam connection was too much to handle.Even after 25 plus hard mode kills every time going into oryx fight at red bar ruined it for every one.The upload speed the game demands 1mb just screws me over and i always was a red bar warrior lol.

I had to stop playing the game, was too addicting and ever since i saw this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g79dWuqXe5o) last week again knew there was a problem. I mean spending 1000 silver for a fecking book for a emblems and emotes .I have to said though year 1 raids were the best craic with all the boys.
    Hopefully a new game comes along and we can meet up again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Serbian wrote: »
    Potential rewards I've seen mentioned include an emblem (guaranteed), 320 artifact (guaranteed), 320 primary OR a 320 helmet (guaranteed one of them), and the chance of getting the hard mode raid ship.

With the amount of high light level of helmets dropping in SRL, I'd hope to get the primary.

The next problem then with a good few 310 primaries, would you keep the 320 primary or infuse it to say touch of malice?

kevin2800 wrote: »
    Well guys thanks for all the kind words but i had to stop playing destiny,my god dam connection was too much to handle.Even after 25 plus hard mode kills every time going into oryx fight at red bar ruined it for every one.The upload speed the game demands 1mb just screws me over and i always was a red bar warrior lol.

I had to stop playing the game, was too addicting and ever since i saw this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g79dWuqXe5o) last week again knew there was a problem. I mean spending 1000 silver for a fecking book for a emblems and emotes .I have to said though year 1 raids were the best craic with all the boys.
    Hopefully a new game comes along and we can meet up again :)

With a better connection and a bit of a break you'll be grand to come back for Destiny 2.

In the mean time, there's Borderlands and BLOPS3 to be played :)

syboit wrote: »
    With the amount of high light level of helmets dropping in SRL, I'd hope to get the primary.

The next problem then with a good few 310 primaries, would you keep the 320 primary or infuse it to say touch of malice?

I can't see the point in upping TOM above 310. I never use mine bar at the Sisters and Oryx.

Now my Nerwins Mercy on the other hand. That's 309 now but could go higher :)

syboit wrote: »

The two guns I currently use for IB/ToO are Nirwan's Mercy and Hung Jury. I'd probably infuse a 320 into one of them. A youtuber was banging on about how the PvP meta has been ruined by the last patch.
    It's all Thorn, TLW and Midas now apparently.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I'll never infuse anything into ToM,it's got one job and it doesn't need to be above 310 to do it.

The two guns I currently use for IB/ToO are Nirwan's Mercy and Hung Jury. I'd probably infuse a 320 into one of them. A youtuber was banging on about how the PvP meta has been ruined by the last patch.
    It's all Thorn, TLW and Midas now apparently.

Thorn ? In TOO now ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Thorn ? In TOO now ?

No sorry maybe I don't know what Meta is. I thought it was the regular crucible where LL doesn't count that's what I took it to mean.

No sorry maybe I don't know what Meta is. I thought it was the regular crucible where LL doesn't count that's what I took it to mean.

Could be. I use Nerwins mostly buy I got a Mida the other day and had never used it in year one and gave it a go. I thinks its quiet good but I prefer to engage at a closer range than Scout range. Plus when I use it I can't use Chaperone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah I'll never infuse anything into ToM,it's got one job and it doesn't need to be above 310 to do it.

good point on the TOM guys, it only comes out for 2 fights in the entire week. I guess for me, I'd be torn between my red spectre or red death to infuse.

Though I did get a 310 hard light this morning and love the way the bullets ricochet around the place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement