Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Gunguy is bringing me a Chaperone tomorrow but if you're doing shotguns and not going Invective ye'r doing it wrong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Gunguy is bringing me a Chaperone tomorrow but if you're doing shotguns and not going Invective ye'r doing it wrong :D

Prepatch Chaperone was by far the most fun gun to use. I don't know how many times I killed guys from a country mile away with headshots when roadborn was procced and just burst out laughing.

It definitely took a bit of skill though as if you were not hitting headshots you would be killed buy normal shotguns and people with quick trigger figures before you could get a second body shot off.

Since the patch the ADS delay makes it harder to get the headshots from quickly snapping down your sights and the ready up time delay from sprint means its now a bit harder to get quick follow up body shots off before the other guy can react even if you get the jump on them.

Still my favourite PvP gun though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gimli2112 wrote: »

+1
    This is True

My connection is driving me nuts the last two days.
    Seems like it takes about 4 minutes to get from the Destiny screen to the character selection screen, if I don't get shut out with an error before then.
    Going to try something today that might help, and I'll have a week or two at my sisters house over christmas that might gift me a better connection for that time anyway.
    I'll have to go looking for one of them dodgy dongles otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'll have to go looking for one of them dodgy dongles otherwise.

Charlie Sheen will be your go to guy for one of those. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Probably on my own here, (or maybe I'm just used to being fingerbanged by EA with BF!) but I don't have much of an issue with the Microtransactions for getting your Alt up to 25... (other than the price really!)

Now hear me out first... :)

As we all know anyone could burn through it and get up to 25 in probably 12 hours max alone - regardless - and "level up properly"...

These "short cut bundles" are generally for the lazy with more $ then sense...

The furore they caused amongst the BF community when similar was introduced into BF3, (co incidently that game was a year into its life also) the "weapon short cut bundles" basically unlocked all the guns for certain classes, without slogging up the levels, for a fee of maybe 6 or 7 quid... (but all this came naturally from playing the game anyway)

Later came others, vehicle short cut kit, engineer short cut kit etc...

Then BF4 came out, and in fairness they waited a month or two (iirc), and then introduced them again, but this time no one gave out - as they knew it wasn't really detrimental to how you progress in a BF game regardless, you could always tell when you were killed by a level 2 with a rocket launcher they should not have unlocked at that stage... :/

I don't see many spending on these tbh...

Still have my jump to 25 thing in my vault, unused... :(

@ anyone - Can you remember is there is a jumping section part of 2nd or 3rd TTK campaign level? I don't think it's actually possible to pass it unless your subclass is fully "jump levelled" or did I just dream up that part of the game? :D

Fieldog wrote: »
    @ anyone - Can you remember is there is a jumping section part of 2nd or 3rd TTK campaign level? I don't think it's actually possible to pass it unless your subclass is fully "jump levelled" or did I just dream up that part of the game? :D

But bare in mind ALL quests and Story Missions are optional, so actually don't need to do ANYTHING really to get into Kings Fall Hards Mode (as long as you have the right LL, which you can get from transferring/infusing etc.

I wouldn't have a problem if it was restricted to Alts

But as far as I'm concerned everyone was getting behind the "As long as it's Cosmetics Only" banner for microtrasactions.

Subclass Leveling Boost is NOT cosmetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

There is. I had a Titan and a Hunter before TTK. Levelled a warlock up to 25 using the free spark thingy but only got as far as the mission where Cayde has left the cloaking device on top of an old colony ship.

Getting across the broken bridge where the Septiks Prime boss level was in year 1 took some fiddling. But the ship level wasn't passable.

After you activate the broken walkway and it swings around to the ship you have to jump across the broken section. My warlock couldn't do it no matter what I tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Starting to look more and more like a free to play game week by week.

Looking like ill be finished til Destiny 2, Trials is boring now and that's all that was keeping me. Their two 'events' so far, the halloween thing and SRL don't interest me whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

No - end game activities such as Nightfall, Iron Banner, Raids and Trials.

I wouldn't say the game is dead - i'm sure to be on tonight trying to beat Oryx for a 320 primary (or 3).

Ah I know. I didn't mean to suggest that SRL was an end-game activity, it was more a comment about how that activity drops end-game equivalent gear and the lack of effort that's required to get it with fireteam boosting etc

I'm not done playing the game either but I feel closer to it with every decision and content plan that Bungie has announced lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cormac... wrote: »
    Subclass Leveling Boost is NOT cosmetic.

I see it says in the pack picture "subclass boost"

Need to see how much of a boost it actually is or is it just referred to as a "subclass boost" before I dust off my pitchfork....

I see it says in the pack picture "subclass boost"

Need to see how much of a boost it actually is or is it just referred to as a "subclass boost" before I dust off my pitchfork....

I'm more disappointed than angry. No point getting angry. I'll just play another game or something. It won't affect me but I disagree with it on principle.

You can now buy experience (XP), that's the long and short of it

Even if it is just 1 hours worth of patrol XP for those foolish enough to pay $45, I'm still not happy with it.

Put as much E-Penis stuff in there for money/silver as you want, but NOT XP or Rewards

It took me until the Sims 4 to learn my lesson last time on this type of experience with a series, so I'm a glutton for punishment

I'm not done playing the game either but I feel closer to it with every decision and content plan that Bungie has announced lately

Its been a bad ole week or so.

No new DLC / Content announced at that PS Show
    Sparrow Racing overpriced items for Silver
    No new content "kinda" confirmed by Eurogamer/Derek Carroll
    Screen grabs of 25-45 bucks for "Boosts"

I'm normally pretty positive about stuff here, but even I'm juts a bit "ugh, just please f**king stop now"

I mean, look, in the end of the day it won't stop me going into PvP like we did mouldy drunk at the weekend and having a laugh.

This week at Destiny!

687474703a2f2f70622d63646e2e64726166746b696e67732e636f6d2e73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f77702d636f6e74656e742f75706c6f6164732f323031352f30362f6171352e6a7067

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Its been a bad ole week or so.

No new DLC / Content announced at that PS Show
    Sparrow Racing overpriced items for Silver
    No new content "kinda" confirmed by Eurogamer/Derek Carroll
    Screen grabs of 25-45 bucks for "Boosts"

I'm normally pretty positive about stuff here, but even I'm juts a bit "ugh, just please f**king stop now"

I mean, look, in the end of the day it won't stop me going into PvP like we did mouldy drunk at the weekend and having a laugh.

Don't forget locking rewards for SRL behind the Racing Book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'm full sure everytime CDB said "Hey Optimus come here" he was turning to his right and putting his hand on an imaginary shoulder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

These Nightfall rewards are getting ridiculous, if we count the last 2 weeks, including the crucible weekly rewards I got 7 ghosts, 1 horn, 1 SRL box and 36 coins...

ah, but best of all I also got a rare emote... that's it, as a nf rewards the bring it on emote

Lower your expectations :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Lower your expectations :P

I did, was aiming for a ghost, got the rare emote...

Next week I will aim for a rare emote, but with my luck I will get a festival of the lost rare mask

Hahaha

• Advertisement

Ah shur at least Noob/Salty got the duck horn before he left. The small
    victories are always the sweetest.

NAT type 2 you sexy beast.

Not quite lol but i did chuckle.
    Hey guys, We all know deaths during a Destiny raid are never your fault and must be quickly reflected to something else with a well timed excuse to the fire team. In this post I am hoping to capture all such excuses so that new players can get up to speed quickly on what to say and when to say it.

Lets begin with the classics:

1) "Sorry guys this is my 8th alt character....." - This can be used extensively for any strange death or mechanical mess up....great for jumping puzzle fails!

2) "The platforms didn't form correctly......." - If you are the relic runner and you fall off like a penguin! this is perfect.

3) "The Ogre sniped me........." - Again, as a relic running feel free to use this over the above...or rotate between the 2.

4) "Dat lag tho......" - Generic, can be used for almost any death if needed.

5) "I don't think <insert X> knows what hes doing...." - IMPORTANT: X = the guy on the raid without a mic.

6) "No, we said Oryx is back not front......" - If you jump on the wrong platform just dispute front and back over and over until the raid team are confused.

7) "Guys, all the adds were hiding......" - This is specifically for Warpriest if you miss 6 point blank shots on a thrall and die whilst holding the aura.

8) "Ow no guys! that damn curse thrall got us........" - This is perfect when you forget you have corrupted light on Golgoroth and wipe the whole team out on the 3rd cycle! it wasn't you, it was the cursed thrall that no ones else saw :)

9) "Sorry guys my mic was on mute......!" - If you forget to tell the dps group to get out of the pit, always use the muted mic excuse without fail.

10) "Guys! you wont beleive my controller just died" - if all else fails, if you cant use any of the above, this is your fall back! thank you for the comments reminding me of this 'swiss army knife' of excuses.

Please add to this list in the comments below but remember the golden rule for blame priority.

Someone else > The Game > Your Internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Challenge mode Oryx isn't that much of a challenge after all.

Sweet loot though - I love the ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,246 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got it done twice last night with no major issues.

Hit a freaking wall on the third attempt.

Some shocking spark running from me wasting a lot of time and a few rejigs of positions didn't get it done either. Was bloody angry with myself heading to bed last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Between hitting level 3 on SRL and getting a 316 helmet on my first race and Challenge mode Oryx dropping a 320 Smite, loot-wise I've done well this week. 317 though ... held back by boots and chest (didn't run the challenge modes on my warlock for the last two weeks).

I've two more runs to go through on CM oryx this week ... potentially my Titan could hit 319/320 if I get the right drops. Held back by helmet and boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah not much to it at all tbh, still I have seen it done 3 different way. Two of them making it harder then it should be. Got the 320 helm last night so was chuffed with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Ah shur at least Noob/Salty got the duck horn before he left. The small
    victories are always the sweetest.

Got it last night before I logged off. :D

Oh and I got the Touch of Mailice, cheers to Optimus for all the help with the Calcified Fragments!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Hit 89% on the Jolly Holiday quest last night, to be honest - I don't even want the Chaperone, I just want to finish the quest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got my Chaperone yesterday - thought the gunguy delivers it on Wednesday but it came from Amanda on reset day. Haven't used it yet (too busy coming last in SRL) but ranked it up a bit with infusions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement