Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Anyone up for Fresh HM run tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah looking to get it done myself later, probably a bit earlier than you though Knave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Yeah looking to get it done myself later, probably a bit earlier than you though Knave.

I have a 314 filthy warlock. I've run hard up to and including the sisters, bit always shyed away from Oryx. I'd like to complete the CM once, as I e done the others. I watched Cormac and the lads last night, and it looked much more manageable than I would have thought. If ye'll have me, I'll run it.

PetKing wrote: »
    I have a 314 filthy warlock. I've run hard up to and including the sisters, bit always shyed away from Oryx. I'd like to complete the CM once, as I e done the others. I watched Cormac and the lads last night, and it looked much more manageable than I would have thought. If ye'll have me, I'll run it.

Should be ok. Will probably look to kick off about 8. Will switch characters twice afte golgyballs for the exotic chest, then do the same at Oryx.

Yeah probably, though I am playing single daddy again tonight and tomorrow, so after I drug the kids :D, I'm hopeful to be on around half 8 / 9.

Edit: I also have the Lock and Huntard to start running the raid. May well start them on HM. Couple of weapon transfers and they'll be ready to go as far as Sisters, drops and infusions depending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Got it done twice last night with no major issues.

Hit a freaking wall on the third attempt.

I should be on around 8:30 for killing him the 3rd time I'd say.

Think we were all just a bit tired after the 1st 2 kills

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Edit: I also have the Lock and Huntard to start running the raid. May well start them on HM. Couple of weapon transfers and they'll be ready to go as far as Sisters, drops and infusions depending

My Titan could benefit from that actually. I think I'll run him as far as he can go.

PetKing wrote: »
    My Titan could benefit from that actually. I think I'll run him as far as he can go.

My thoughts exactly. Get them as far as possible. The drops along the way will help massively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,246 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I should be on around 8:30 for killing him the 3rd time I'd say.

Think we were all just a bit tired after the 1st 2 kills

I will be on then myself - will only be on til about 11 though, STAR WARS DAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I'd be up for that Knave.
    Some some reason -- most likely my own ineptitude -- I can't seem to kill Oryx on HM. I tried the no-Knights strat at the weekend and nearly got him. Last night I tried the challenge mode and I just kept dying or messing up; so frustrating (more so for the rest of the FT) and not enjoyable at all. So I think I will be giving Oryx a skip for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm on for hm raid and cm tonight too

How to handle the shade

BV3ygOJ.jpg

0rKD7ZX.jpg

"Wipe lads - don't know what happened. I jumped straight at it and it killed me. Totally unexpected".

"Wipe lads - don't know what happened. I jumped straight at it and it killed me. Totally unexpected".

Better to die a hero than live like a slave to it's incessant, permanent circling

nevelator wrote: »
    Some some reason -- most likely my own ineptitude -- I can't seem to kill Oryx on HM. I tried the no-Knights strat at the weekend and nearly got him. Last night I tried the challenge mode and I just kept dying or messing up; so frustrating (more so for the rest of the FT) and not enjoyable at all. So I think I will be giving Oryx a skip for a while.

HM, I've only started the Oryx encounter once. Tried the No Knight strat. Challenge Mode strat seems very feasible.

HM, I've only started the Oryx encounter once. Tried the No Knight strat. Challenge Mode strat seems very feasible.

Yeah, only got 1 Oryx hm completion myself. Cnbf most of the time as a bad connection or random jankiness is as likely to cause a wipe as a death or odd enemy behaviour.

How to handle the shade (Fixed)

371895.jpg
    371896.jpg

Wish I could embed for proper effect

I'll take it!

We had a fairly handy system yesterday where every player spend about 6 seconds killing Adds inside the Shade after they were teleported. Is more required now it seems as there's juts a few more adds in play when you start the teleportation phase. 5 out 7 Cormacs would recommend.

Wish I could embed for proper effect

Here you go, just use the urls for the attachments that boards generates.
    371895.jpg
    371896.jpg

Man, was just thinking back on the drops last night over the 2 Oryx Runs (and 1 Sisters Run), had a look at my item manager on Bungie.

320 Pulse
    319 Scout
    313 Auto Rifle
    310 Harrowed HC
    310 Normal HC

That's some serious Haul

EDIT: Oh and a 320 Helm of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Man, was just thinking back on the drops last night over the 2 Oryx Runs (and 1 Sisters Run), had a look at my item manager on Bungie.

320 Pulse
    319 Scout
    313 Auto Rifle
    310 Harrowed HC
    310 Normal HC

That's some serious Haul

I got

320 Pulse
    316 Pulse
    302 Scout
    310 HC

From one run on Oryx.

The 320 Pulse has life support as well.

320 Pulse
    319 Scout
    313 Auto Rifle
    310 Harrowed HC
    310 Normal HC

That's some serious Haul
    I got:
    320 Helm
    310 HC
    314 Scout
    320 Pulse
    315 Arms
    313 Fusion
    310 Graviton Forfeit (to be sharded)
    315 Chest.

Will be hoping for another 320 primary tonight, of far more use than a 320 helm.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the 2x 310 Exotics, Ship, Emblems, Fragments, Shards etc.

Pretty sure the 2nd Kill I counted 10 rewards :)

Have got my guys to:
    Warlock 319
    Titan 317
    Hunter 317

Serious issue with getting decent Boots, Chimps fault to be fair

Don't be suprised to see me looking for a group to kill just Golgoroth 3 times some evening (given I got disconnected shooting the 1st wave of Acolytes and the lads carried on without me, not a care in the world, 5 man killed Golgoroth and left me drop-less.... who would do such a horrible thing I tell ya!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

nevelator wrote: »

Nev don't be silly mate, you did not mess up. It's all new so you have to learn the ropes mate. Once you learn the little patterns its quite straight forward dude. You blitzed the whole raid up to oryx so you were fine. I be on again tonight for fresh hm already done oryx but I miss the first part. Happy to have you run it with me we deffo get him.....

Don't beat yourself up, It's just a video game guys :)

It's not like you went Full Conovar on it

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the 2x 310 Exotics, Ship, Emblems, Fragments, Shards etc.

Pretty sure the 2nd Kill I counted 10 rewards :)

Have got my guys to:
    Warlock 319
    Titan 317
    Hunter 317

Serious issue with getting decent Boots, Chimps fault to be fair

Don't be suprised to see me looking for a group to kill just Golgoroth 3 times some evening (given I got disconnected shooting the 1st wave of Acolytes and the lads carried on without me, not a care in the world, 5 man killed Golgoroth and left me drop-less.... who would do such a horrible thing I tell ya!)
    Could have sworn I heard something similar to the following at the start of the raid when I said I was going to grab the Oryx checkpoint for other characters when we got there:

"Yeah, just want to do Oryx really. Can't be f**ked with the other drops, what do they drop? Secondaries? f**k that."

Based on that, I figured skipping Gogoroth and the jumping would be a nice surprise when you decided to come back...

Don't beat yourself up, It's just a video game guys :)

It's not like you went Full Conovar on it

Yep, I was playing BADLY last night on the titan. raging with myself I was. Cost us the completion at least once (not getting that 4th night in round 4). W@NK.

Could have sworn I heard something similar to the following at the start of the raid when I said I was going to grab the Oryx checkpoint for other characters when we got there:

"Yeah, just want to do Oryx really. Can't be f**ked with the other drops, what do they drop? Secondaries? f**k that."

Based on that, I figured skipping Gogoroth and the jumping would be a nice surprise when you decided to come back...

Hmmmm, that does sound like me....

Well until I had time to mull over my gear with a clear and sober head today and realised the Boots were holding me back (goddamnit Chimp) for achieving my final form
    Yep, I was playing BADLY last night on the titan. raging with myself I was. Cost us the completion at least once (not getting that 4th night in round 4). W@NK.

You should have had yourself a Snickers ya Diva

In fairness, who could forget my infamous "Got Thralled to death by X* Thralls" wipe on the 3rd set of Bombs eh. That was pretty humiliating :pac:

Damn them and their slow eeeking away at my health 4% at a swipe

*The number of Thralls may have been like 2 or 3, but i made it out like there was a lot more

My Titan can now get to a max of 318 (not sure how close to 319) but is functionally about 316 when I have the useful weapons on. Ie. a 310 ToM over a 320 Raid Pulse, 315 Sniper over 318 Shotgun.

• Advertisement

I'm really liking the Beta Gear Manager on Bungie.net with the Maximise Light thing, hopefully they'll add more to this since I have iOS and can't use the better item managers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement