Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anyone unlocked: Calcified Fragments: Insight

I have all 50 fragments (in grimore) but only 49 showing on my Main

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »

Is that a specific fragment or for having all 50?

I'm only missing 3 but none of the 50 on the list are Insight

Is that a specific fragment or for having all 50?

I'm only missing 3 but none of the 50 on the list are Insight

Some on Reddit are saying they have it as they have all 50, but I have all 50 and either 1 is on another character or is glitched so I'm only showing 49/50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,241 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I wonder did you have a fragment bug out on you like I and another poster on here did.

I have 49 of them (need the CoO T3 from this week) but only 48 are listed for my Titan in the game. I'm convinced I never got the fragment for the dreadnaught bounty completion (fragment 50)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Some on Reddit are saying they have it as they have all 50, but I have all 50 and either 1 is on another character or is glitched so I'm only showing 49/50

Delete all three characters and start again. It's the only way to be sure.

Wasn't there a line like this in Aliens?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »

No no no...... pass all his good gear to me then he restarts his characters :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,241 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The fact there is no way, at all, to find out what Fragments you do have on a character level is really frustrating.

As I say, I'm convinced mine bugged out but the only way to be sure is to hunt down all 50 again. Which is a fecking joke.

So glad I've concentrated on the Titan only. That and not being arsed to go collect them all twice more.

Jonny taking Cormac's gear be like.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

gimli2112 wrote: »

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure." - Ellen Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Man, was just thinking back on the drops last night over the 2 Oryx Runs (and 1 Sisters Run), had a look at my item manager on Bungie.

320 Pulse
    319 Scout
    313 Auto Rifle
    310 Harrowed HC
    310 Normal HC

That's some serious Haul

EDIT: Oh and a 320 Helm of course

All I can say is thank god for SRL, did hardmode golgoroth + sisters (including the exotic chest) last night, 4 shards and 2 titan cloaks (312/315), the cloaks go well with the same 2 I got last week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Parzival

Where can i buy relic iron now. I thought the crucible robot guy sold it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Parzival wrote: »
    Where can i buy relic iron now. I thought the crucible robot guy sold it?

The vanguard quartermaster over beside the shipwright sells planetary mats. 10 legendary marks for 20 mats.

The vanguard quartermaster over beside the shipwright sells planetary mats. 10 legendary marks for 20 mats.

Should have known this myself. I have gear that's xp maxed but not enough mats to level. Mr Quartermaster shall be receiving half my Legendary marks this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fyi the vanilla Destiny CE on ps4 is coming up as a lightning deal on amazon in a little while for £10, works out at €20.50 inc shipping. While it doesn't have TTK, it does have TDB and HoW.

They should make Vanilla Destiny (minus the PS Plus Required Content - Like Say Strikes, Year 1 Raids etc) free. It would simply prove to further their fanbase

Basically just give missions, patrol and say 100 games of Crucible (on your account)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

They should make Vanilla Destiny (minus the PS Plus Required Content - Like Say Strikes, Year 1 Raids etc) free. It would simply prove to further their fanbase

Basically just give missions, patrol and say 100 games of Crucible (on your account)

Isnt that just the same as the demo they offer tho?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Isnt that just the same as the demo they offer tho?

Actually probably yeah :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

So I read over on Reddit the post about Monte Carlo "wrecking it" in crucible, and the guy talks about using his motes for XP in passing. I, like one other day 1 guardian, DID NOT KNOW THIS!!! I blew about 250 across 3 characters last night. Straight to top spot on the list of stupid things I didn't know.

Edit: Didn't give XP to my incomplete subclasses though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'm really liking the Beta Gear Manager on Bungie.net with the Maximise Light thing, hopefully they'll add more to this since I have iOS and can't use the better item managers

Oh, I like that! Great for getting alt character raid ready in 1 click!

I'm really getting pissed off with the destiny infusion mechanic.
    Trying to infuse anything is completely pointless, when the system is designed to only infuse to ~80% of the original light level.
    It's a really **** system, the only reason they've put that in place is to deliberately slow progress.

The reduction from infusion serves no purpose.

• Advertisement

Oh, I like that! Great for getting alt character raid ready in 1 click!

I'm really getting pissed off with the destiny infusion mechanic.
    Trying to infuse anything is completely pointless, when the system is designed to only infuse to ~80% of the original light level.
    It's a really **** system, the only reason they've put that in place is to deliberately slow progress.

The reduction from infusion serves no purpose.

There was a post somewhere on reddit about this, generally legendaries can go upto 7 points, unless your infusing a 280 with a 310, can jump higher. But yes the exotic stuff takes 20% off compared to legendaries. I tend to store stuff up in preparation for infusion and use the app to see the least amount of jumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I only need 1 more Calcified Fragment to continue the ToM quest now. If any Xbox guys are doing the raid challenge tonight, can you drop me a message?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

syboit wrote: »
    There was a post somewhere on reddit about this, generally legendaries can go upto 7 points, unless your infusing a 280 with a 310, can jump higher. But yes the exotic stuff takes 20% off compared to legendaries. I tend to store stuff up in preparation for infusion and use the app to see the least amount of jumps.

Infusing exotics is a joke altogether.
    7 points is not a lot really. I'm looking at the light level calculator and trying to upgrade my 295 1000 yard stare to 313 is taking 3 infusions.

There's no real reasoning why its capped at 7 points, its another mechanic added there to slow down progression and force you to grind raids etc.

End rant!

syboit wrote: »

Infusing legendaries that are within 6 light of each other will result in 100% infusion. 301 Hung Jury and a 307 raid scout will result in a 307 Hung Jury. Anything above that 6 light point difference will get you 80% of the way there. 300 and 310 results in 308.

Exotics will only ever jump 80% of the way, though there is obviously a lower threshold. Not sure what this is though.

Infusing exotics is a joke altogether.
    7 points is not a lot really. I'm looking at the light level calculator and trying to upgrade my 295 1000 yard stare to 313 is taking 3 infusions.

There's no real reasoning why its capped at 7 points, its another mechanic added there to slow down progression and force you to grind raids etc.

End rant!

I suppose a lot of its down to whats available aswell. At the moment I've a lot of 310 primaries , from getting 310 exotic's and then either keeping them or infusing up other weapons. But unless I start beating oryx on hard or going 9-0 on trails, I don't think there is any way of getting higher levels.

Last Iron Banner I had a ton of ghosts for fuel, from SRL this time I've gotten plenty of helmets/cloaks, we are all just slaves to what bungie gives us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

In lieu of ToM, what weapons (specific or type) are good for tackling Oryx?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

For Oryx I run TOM, 1000YS and Raid RL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Can't go wrong with high impact snipers. The 1000 yard stare from vanguard has triple tap on it and good impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

The raid pulse should hold up well. 1000ys or spindle. Raid machine gun on ads, or possibly sleeper simulant for stunning Oryx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Any word as to a reward for completing calcified fragments? This week should see most people finish out the 50

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement