Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Any word as to a reward for completing calcified fragments? This week should see most people finish out the 50

It's the Belatine shader.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Parzival

Whats the best way of levelling up your srl level up to 3? Is there any quick way of doing it other than just racing? Is there gear or emblems to wear like in IB?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Parzival wrote: »
    Whats the best way of levelling up your srl level up to 3? Is there any quick way of doing it other than just racing? Is there gear or emblems to wear like in IB?

Just get the bounties from tess every day and if you manage to get a class item then level it up and wear it. The shaders and emblem don't effect rep as far as I can see. It's a fair bit of a slog to get to level 3 unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just get the bounties from tess every day and if you manage to get a class item then level it up and wear it. The shaders and emblem don't effect rep as far as I can see. It's a fair bit of a slog to get to level 3 unfortunately.

Shaders add like 5% rep from what I noticed

Any word as to a reward for completing calcified fragments? This week should see most people finish out the 50

I wouldn't be surprised if something popped up next week.

• Advertisement

Lads, new sparrows in srl come from rank packages or the s class package? Didn't get one from my alts s class package so just curious. Not that I don't adore my flaming pink sparrow like.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lads, new sparrows in srl come from rank packages or the s class package? Didn't get one from my alts s class package so just curious. Not that I don't adore my flaming pink sparrow like.

I got one from the s class license, that it apart from a fairly crap one that dropped early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

In lieu of ToM, what weapons (specific or type) are good for tackling Oryx?

If you don't have ToM, then you shouldn't be doing the raid.

:pac: Raid pulse rifle is pretty good, vendor Hung Jury is good too.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I got one from the s class license, that it apart from a fairly crap one that dropped early on.

Bah, took both my alts today to s class, just got a horn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Bah, took both my alts today to s class, just got a horn.

A miserable horn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Only got round to HM challenge mode tonight.....why have I not been doing it that way all along?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Jonny has the bomb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

PetKing wrote: »
    So I read over on Reddit the post about Monte Carlo "wrecking it" in crucible, and the guy talks about using his motes for XP in passing. I, like one other day 1 guardian, DID NOT KNOW THIS!!! I blew about 250 across 3 characters last night. Straight to top spot on the list of stupid things I didn't know.

Edit: Didn't give XP to my incomplete subclasses though :(

Did you not get the comprehensive manual that came with the game?

I found this out late in the day too, seems to work much better on weapons than anything else. Pity we don't have a forum so we could have a "Things I just found out" thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,241 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The motes of light being used for experience has only come in since the taken king was released, it hasn't always been there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Pity we don't have a forum so we could have a "Things I just found out" thread

There was a great post here, or possibly a Reddit post with a list of great tips like these.

Anyone remember it? Wouldn't mind reading it again myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Did really well out of the Challenge mode last night, 320 Hand Cannon, 317 Auto Rifle, 312 Fusion Rifle, 315 Helmet, the Ship & the Emblem.

Once you get the strat down it feels easier than all the others!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,241 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Tip just seen on Reddit:

For the Oryx fight - have a hunter tether the Ogre spawn spots (particularly 4th spot) with the hunter perk (giving three shots) so that they are 1. Tethered in place and 2. Take even more DPS and go down even quicker.

Not had much of an issue with the Ogres myself - apart from Ogre 4 if they spawn front right cause of all the ads and tomb ship crap at that point/position - but would be a handy help.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Jonny has the bomb.

Yeah my bad haha First time playing hard mode and nobody warned about this bomb thingy haha

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yeah my bad haha First time playing hard mode and nobody warned about this bomb thingy haha

That was like Stone in challenge mode last week. We only needed one more orb to kill Golgororth and next thing boom...

I'm up on add duty and get some abuse for not clearing Splody Thralls. Low and behold the dust settles and Stone is standing in the middle of everyone looking around :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wub wub wuuubbbbb

http://imgur.com/DerkzBP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That was like Stone in challenge mode last week. We only needed one more orb to kill Golgororth and next thing boom...

I'm up on add duty and get some abuse for not clearing Splody Thralls. Low and behold the dust settles and Stone is standing in the middle of everyone looking around :D

ha!
    what was worse was i did it a second time later. :o:(

you can tell the story of how i saved the day afterwards by taking the gaze on the last round with a second to spare when someone else forgot to take their turn. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cormac... wrote: »
    Wub wub wuuubbbbb

http://imgur.com/DerkzBP

I always liked this one,
    http://imgur.com/sqiQem6

ha!
    what was worse was i did it a second time later. :o:(

you can tell the story of how i saved the day afterwards by taking the gaze on the last round with a second to spare when someone else forgot to take their turn. :p

O think that was Itchy because he got confused :D

Are any of these any good (or worth keeping), I need to break down some more Year 1 stuff and I'm finding it hard to do so have looked at these 7 for the next wave of cuts:

Trials Year 1 Scout (The Scholar - Not Re-rollable)
    Trials Year 1 Sniper (Eye of Sol - Not Re-rollable)
    Timurs Lash (Can be Re-rolled)
    Black Hammer
    The Strangers Rifle
    Oversoul Edict
    Abyss Defiant

Which would be your number 1 to delete, which would you keep (maybe)

I always liked this one,
    http://imgur.com/sqiQem6

Yeah, think the source material for the metal one was better.

The Crotas End one is gonna be a Punk type one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Are any of these any good (or worth keeping), I need to break down some more Year 1 stuff and I'm finding it hard to do so have looked at these 7 for the next wave of cuts:

Black Hammer
    The Strangers Rifle
    Oversoul Edict
    Abyss Defiant

Most of those are **** for Pvp (scholar was decent and Strangers Rifle) so no real reason to keep any of them. But then I have a few things kept in the vault on the off chance that they do some sort of etheric light system toward the back end of year two.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

emmetkenny wrote: »

Yeah i was like "Oh i have some light thingy"..... BOOM...........

Most of those are **** for Pvp (scholar was decent and Strangers Rifle) so no real reason to keep any of them. But then I have a few things kept in the vault on the off chance that they do some sort of etheric light system toward the back end of year two.

I've kept a few default weapons in case re-rolling them becomes the new Meta (so 2 Archetypes of Fusion Rifles etc)

But these 7, I just can't see a need for, they are poor PvE cause of low light level and their Archtypes and perks don't seem useful for PvP.... I mean I know some people swear by High Impact HCs but I don't like using them. Especially with that God Tier Elysuna I have

Black Hammer
    The Strangers Rifle
    Oversoul Edict
    Abyss Defiant

You can get the CE weapons in about 5 mins so I'd just drop them without hesitation.

• Advertisement

You can get the CE weapons in about 5 mins so I'd just drop them without hesitation.

Valid Point :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement