Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anyone feeling held-back by their boots?
    I have 2 characters I would like to kill Golgoroth for better boots if anyone is interested.
    Given that is the ONLY Checkpoint that drops boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

You can get the CE weapons in about 5 mins so I'd just drop them without hesitation.

How? Won't you have to run the raid and wait for drops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Anyone feeling held-back by their boots?
    I have 2 characters I would like to kill Golgoroth for better boots if anyone is interested.
    Given that is the ONLY Checkpoint that drops boots.

Not true. Oryx can also drop them if you have mouldy shards can't he ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Not true. Oryx can also drop them if you have mouldy shards can't he ?

Don't think I've seen him drops boots specifically tbh, but you may be correct.

Regardless I've killed him 3x on Challenge this week and I'm still rocking 303 boots on ole Tiny-Hands

Don't think I've seen him drops boots specifically tbh, but you may be correct.

Regardless I've killed him 3x on Challenge this week and I'm still rocking 303 boots on ole Tiny-Hands

Maybe farm some 3OC and hope for boot engramS if you've no luck with Golg.

Xur is here tomorrow so you can stock up !!

• Advertisement

Maybe farm some 3OC and hope for boot engramS if you've no luck with Golg.

Xur is here tomorrow so you can stock up !!

Ah sure Ole Googleballs is Graaaaaaaannnddddd.

Just need to convince 5 other Boot-Peasants to join my cause.

I know a lot of us just swapped round the Oryx CP a bit, so someone else must be wearing some of last-seasons shoes

3oCs now working in PvP is going to cause me to be very broke tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I know a lot of us just swapped round the Oryx CP a bit, so someone else must be wearing some of last-seasons shoes

Cormac, not sure what time ill even get on at this evening if at all but id be up for it to try get better boots, and anything better really tbh haha

And SRL. I was doing the daily Crucible the other day and remembered to pop a 3oC with 5 seconds to go. Cue a Primary Engram :D got a Hard Light out of it :)

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Cormac, not sure what time ill even get on at this evening if at all but id be up for it to try get better boots, and anything better really tbh haha

Your not allowed in....... You blew everybody up :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,241 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If I am on when you are looking to run it I will certainly help, but the next few evenings will be slim pickings for me on Destiny. Out tonight and if I don't put the christmas tree up with herself tomorrow we may as well not bother!

• Advertisement

If I am on when you are looking to run it I will certainly help, but the next few evenings will be slim pickings for me on Destiny. Out tonight and if I don't put the christmas tree up with herself tomorrow we may as well not bother!

Relationship 2.0 has introduced a lot more farming and grinding for rep

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Your not allowed in....... You blew everybody up :P

Yeah but i done it in style :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Could give it a bash with my hunter who is also rocking sub 310 boots(when not using rdms).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

2 boot peasants here, though need to finish what we started last night first.

Jonny, if your screen looks like this, run away

41FAM8Tx18L._SL1200_.jpg

Jonny, if your screen looks like this, run away

41FAM8Tx18L._SL1200_.jpg

But but but it didnt look like that haha
    Ah we all have to learn sometime, i now know what to do haha

Yeah I've done it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

dudeeile wrote: »
    How? Won't you have to run the raid and wait for drops.

Yeah, but it takes only a few mins solo per run and you only need to get up to the second part.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I got harrowed boots and gauntlets from oryx, both 311 i think.

2 boot peasants here, though need to finish what we started last night first.

I won't be back on until Friday so if you guys feel like carrying Cormac then go right ahead.

As of yesterday I had 48 fragments collected so only Oryx challenge and Thalnok to do. Attempted Thalnok with 2 randoms last night and just failed on our first attempt, about 2-3 seconds short. Other guy pops another rune and we complete it handy enough.

The fragment icon shows up on the right side of my screen (almost certain) but no message on the lower left but it did show the other guy as obtaining it. Do you have to be the one to present the rune to actually collect the fragment and Grimoire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I got harrowed boots and gauntlets from oryx, both 311 i think.

Yes but didn't you get a few exotics last nights.

I won't be back on until Friday so if you guys feel like carrying Cormac then go right ahead.

As of yesterday I had 48 fragments collected so only Oryx challenge and Thalnok to do. Attempted Thalnok with 2 randoms last night and just failed on our first attempt, about 2-3 seconds short. Other guy pops another rune and we complete it handy enough.

The fragment icon shows up on the right side of my screen (almost certain) but no message on the lower left but it did show the other guy as obtaining it. Do you have to be the one to present the rune to actually collect the fragment and Grimoire?

Yeah it will only count when you use the ruin. Hes not that hard a boss to bring down TBH.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yes but didn't you get a few exotics last nights.

Only like 4 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Ansum

Umm... Can the OP put the link for the ps3 Destiny clan up again.
    I mean I play it on ps3 and if their is 5 ppl already and I join then that's as much as you need in a raid or strike team.
    PLS OP put the link up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Ansum wrote: »
    I mean I play it on ps3 and if their is 5 ppl already and I join then that's as much as you need in a raid or strike team.
    PLS OP put the link up.

The way clans work is that they are divided by console family, not platform. As such the PS4 clan is the same for PS3 and the Xbox One clan is the same as for Xbox 360.

In all honesty though I don't think there are too many ps3 players in the clan.

Ansum wrote: »
    PLS OP put the link up.

Have a look at my signature. You can join the clan there.

Now, to be honest, I don't think anyone here actually knows how active the PS3 guys are, if at all. If your having trouble might I suggest The100.io. Massive community for getting teams together.

Yeah it will only count when you use the ruin. Hes not that hard a boss to bring down TBH.

Ah that's grand so, I was a little worried that **** glitched out. It's only handy if the guy who grabs the sword knows what's up. The last time this was around this one dude kept grabbing the sword and bashing the adds. I left promptly.

Last night was sound, like I said 2 randoms with 1 not knowing what was going on the first time but the second he knew to kill the knight, leave the sword, shoot the wizards and dps Thalnok. I'll give a quick run of this on Friday to collect the fragment.

Ah that's grand so, I was a little worried that **** glitched out. It's only handy if the guy who grabs the sword knows what's up. The last time this was around this one dude kept grabbing the sword and bashing the adds. I left promptly.

That could have been me :pac:

That could have been me :pac:

No no, I'd have said!

The smelly fragment FYP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Ansum

Thanks for the info. Sniper_samurai and solvable

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement