Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭Damien360

Stuck on fists of crota last night. What weapons should I be bringing to deal with the yellow dudes at the end of this. Died 4 times before giving up.

Bear in mind I am 27 exp. probably shouldn't have taken the free upgrade to 25 at the postmaster on day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

dudeeile wrote: »
    I won't be back on until Friday so if you guys feel like carrying Cormac then go right ahead.

As of yesterday I had 48 fragments collected so only Oryx challenge and Thalnok to do. Attempted Thalnok with 2 randoms last night and just failed on our first attempt, about 2-3 seconds short. Other guy pops another rune and we complete it handy enough.

The fragment icon shows up on the right side of my screen (almost certain) but no message on the lower left but it did show the other guy as obtaining it. Do you have to be the one to present the rune to actually collect the fragment and Grimoire?

You won't get the fragment unless it's your rune. I'll help if you want will only take the 2 of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got booted a few times from the Tower. "Destiny contacting servers" Beetle and other assorted insects. It occurred to me Destiny hadn't been down for maintenance for a while. Would this effect things? Maybe they plan doing maintenance over the Christmas period.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Got booted a few times from the Tower. "Destiny contacting servers" Beetle and other assorted insects. It occurred to me Destiny hadn't been down for maintenance for a while. Would this effect things? Maybe they plan doing maintenance over the Christmas period.

I would imagine the maintenance will be done between the end of SPL and start of IB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

dudeeile wrote: »
    No no, I'd have said!

The smelly fragment FYP.

finally got this fragment myself the other night. After falling about 5/6 times trying the easy way, 2 lads from the clan joined me and stood on the platforms. Unfortunately even that wasn't enough for me!
    As per chance 3 other lads doing it aswell, got their's while my lads were standing on the platform, and then waited around for me!
    So there I was, 5 lads standing on platforms and only took me another 3 tries :D

I think this is one of the great things about destiny, random people just helping you out.

• Advertisement

Damien360 wrote: »
    Stuck on fists of crota last night. What weapons should I be bringing to deal with the yellow dudes at the end of this. Died 4 times before giving up.

Bear in mind I am 27 exp. probably shouldn't have taken the free upgrade to 25 at the postmaster on day 1.

He can be tough allright, I think I'd hit him with a couple of rockets first, then ran, tried to clear some ads while keeping your distance and then hitting him again rockets/grenades/supers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ansum wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Sniper_samurai and solvable

As the token "Everyone should join the Clan" guy, I will be honest and say there is very little happening on Last-Gen consoles AFAIK
    Damien360 wrote: »

This is all just part of the learning process to be honest. Some missions are just trickier than others. Your best bet is to ensure you have your Super charged before engaging the final area. Keep moving around the area in circles getting pot shots on the additional enemies and using Rockets/Heavy Machine Gun on the Boss. You can use a Heavy Ammo synth before you spawn the boss if you need to.

It would have taken even experienced players a few runs to attempt to solo that, it's a juts a bit of a tricky battle cause you have the "Weight of darkness" defbuff meaning you can't jump.

Some missions are trickier than others :)

I'm having more connection issues the last month than ever tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm having more connection issues the last month than ever tbh

I'm kicked at least 3 times a day now - never really had issues up until the last couple of months. Has gotten to the point now where when I see that 'Contacting Destiny' message I will just log out immediately and then log back in.

I don't know what Bungie have done, but they have fecked something up.

I'm kicked at least 3 times a day now - never really had issues up until the last couple of months.

Again, I'll reference my Relationship 2.0 point.

Marriage has been buffed in recent months to have 40% more kicking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I can see me leading into the final corner in SRL, getting the "you have been kicked" message and having to log onto e-bay to purchase a new controller.

• Advertisement

I can see me leading into the final corner in SRL, getting the "you have been kicked" message and having to log onto e-bay to purchase a new controller.

Happened to me the other day in a game of rift, we were about 2 mins from the victory and I had about 4 bounties counting on it. I got kicked, but when I logged back in it still registered me as on the winning team giving me the bounties. Controller smash averted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Again, I'll reference my Relationship 2.0 point.

Marriage has been buffed in recent months to have 40% more kicking

The divisive "Kids" DLC is the next step. Comes with 50% more background screaming and and an upgrade for Wife Huffiness.

The divisive "Kids" DLC is the next step. Comes with 50% more background screaming and and an upgrade for Wife Huffiness.

"Long-Term-Engaged" actually includes a paid-boost to get to the same tier of Wife Huffiness without needing the full "Wedding DLC", handy if you're maining a Male

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

"Kids" DLC, swiftly followed by Kids 2.0 and 3.0, will result in multiple kicks to dashboard without warning. You get used to it, and if your lucky, it can result in Kids 3.0 insistence on loading Destiny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

"Kids" DLC, swiftly followed by Kids 2.0 and 3.0, will result in multiple kicks to dashboard without warning. You get used to it, and if your lucky, it can result in Kids 3.0 insistence on loading Destiny

I hear those DLCs are quiet expensive!!

emmetkenny wrote: »

Initially Free to Play, then primarily funded by micro transactions after you hit the 9 month pay-to-win wall

Initially Free to Play, then primarily funded by micro transactions after you hit the 9 month pay-to-win wall

God dam pay to win again !!

God dam pay to win again !!

Yup and the sub-class that drops is apparently RNG based aswell :mad:

They are, and require constant upgrades and updates.
    Yup and the sub-class that drops is apparently RNG based aswell :mad:

Beware, DLC can have a bonus DLC attached at no extra initial cost, with reports of duplicate and/or multiple sub-classes

Beware, DLC can have a bonus DLC attached at no extra initial cost, with reports of duplicate and/or multiple sub-classes

**Joke About "Glitching Into Enviorments" to cheese End-Game encounters Here**

• Advertisement

**Joke About "Glitching Into Enviorments" to cheese RearEnd-Game encounters Here**

;)

Actually that helps avoid the costly DLC

I'll see myself out!

*Grabs Hat*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I hear those DLCs are quiet

Anything but quiet :(

Anything but quiet :(

Ha spelling mistake. Quite expensive !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

game_over_new_baby_for_parent_dad_tshirt-rbea815ffba1d41c59aa6428ac3073f03_jyr6t_324.jpg

Playing Salvage as a Defender with an Imbolus and Armor of Light is a super tactic if you get the points first !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Trying to do challenge with random PUGs, so much quitting, no patience at all. It's not even that difficult ffs. Anyone running it tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Xur is in the Tower bar, selling Hard Light

Also
    Insurmountable Skullfort Titan Helmet
    Achlyophage Symbiote Hunter Helmet
    Heart of the Praxic Fire Warlock Chest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Trying to do challenge with random PUGs, so much quitting, no PATIENCE AND TIME at all. It's not even that difficult ffs. Anyone running it tomorrow?

See what I did there.

• Advertisement

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Xur is in the Tower bar, selling Hard Light

Also
    Insurmountable Skullfort Titan Helmet
    Achlyophage Symbiote Hunter Helmet
    Heart of the Praxic Fire Warlock Chest

All I cared about was engrams :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement