Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

3 of coins for me that sparrow racing is crazy. 5 races this morning 2 exotics and 5 coins. All I was doing was mucking around doing tricks and trying to hit consecutive gates.
    Just realised today there's a short cut on each map I hadn't been using

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gimli2112 wrote: »
    3 of coins for me that sparrow racing is crazy. 5 races this morning 2 exotics and 5 coins. All I was doing was mucking around doing tricks and trying to hit consecutive gates.

Yeah, even got a double exotic drop off SRL myself the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gimli2112 wrote: »

I don't rate the Shortcuts as you miss gates to get them.

Also are people using a 3oC every Race, cause a Race plus Orbit plus Downtime is generally less than 10 mins

I got one on my hunter, went to tower did some gunguy bounties and hopped back on (15-20 minutes later) and got another. I did use 5 3oC in 5 races though. I have two characters for SRL and will swap to the other once I get an exotic on the first one.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Been popping them every race and averaging an exotic every 5 races or so.

• Advertisement

The Daily Mission is bugged, not Dropping Marks, Don't bother with it

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Been popping them every race and averaging an exotic every 5 races or so.

I pop them every race until I get an engram. I have been assuming that the cooldown only comes into the play when an engram drops?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nevelator wrote: »
    I pop them every race until I get an engram. I have been assuming that the cooldown only comes into the play when an engram drops?

Cool down is after every 3oC you pop as far as I know but I've been kind of ignoring it since they started working in crucible.

Pi$$ed Crucible Later, the normal Terms, Conditions and Disclaimers apply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Cormac... wrote: »

I'll be returning to my normal duty as designated driver after last weeks minor glitch.

• Advertisement

You going to run the raid upto goggleballs later cormac for those boots or are you going to bother?

You going to run the raid upto goggleballs later cormac for those boots or are you going to bother?

Oh I'll defiantly bother, that's what I'll use to warm me up. Didn't bother playing yesterday as I was having issues with my X-Mass Tree.

I actually have the GiggleBrace check point, just gonne drop him twice and grab the Exotic chest a shag off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Yeah, even got a double exotic drop off SRL myself the other night.

Is that for just cracking one off (3oC) at the start of each race?

Is that for just cracking one off (3oC) at the start of each race?

yup, you can pop them at the end of the race too after you cross the finish line if you forget.

yup, you can pop them at the end of the race too after you cross the finish line if you forget.

Yup, you have 30 secs to pop a 3OC or switch to TLW for the Jolly Holliday rep boost after the race.

Sweet, i havent been around to buy 3oC's off Xur the last few weeks.

I'm facking loaded with strange coins. Going to wax a load of them this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭Damien360

Ok I am hooked. Ended up last night in a witch of crota battle which was epic with a few other random people joining and everyone helping respawns.

Srl races this morning was a giggle. You all seem to be after exotics ???? What are these ? I got a armour of some description with 280 on it after a few races.

I still have one character. Do I need to bother with subclasses or anything other than my Titan.

I am putting loads in the vault and dismantling lower power weapons. Is this the correct approach ? Are these for subclasses only ?

Damien360 wrote: »
    Ok I am hooked. Ended up last night in a witch of crota battle which was epic with a few other random people joining and everyone helping respawns.

Srl races this morning was a giggle. You all seem to be after exotics ???? What are these ? I got a armour of some description with 280 on it after a few races.

I still have one character. Do I need to bother with subclasses or anything other than my Titan.

I am putting loads in the vault and dismantling lower power weapons. Is this the correct approach ? Are these for subclasses only ?

Exotics(yellow items) are unique weapons or pieces of armour that have at least one unique perk.

Year 1 exotics are equipable from level 20, some year 2 exotics are equipable from level 30(Boolean Gemini, Touch of Malice) but are usually level 40.

You can only have one exotic weapon plus one exotic piece of armor(excluding exotic class items) equipped at any one time.

Exotics are higher end weapons or armour. You can get them in various ways. Nightfalls, Raids, Strikes (rare) , Crucible (Rare)..... You can also buy a thing from Xur called the three of coins. When you equip this you have a chance of earning exotic engrams which decript into exotics - competing in SRL or defeating certain bosses (generally any yellow bar with a skull over their head but not always)

If you get an exotic engram you are better off storing it until you hit LL 300.

There's a lot of grind making three characters. Whether it's worth it or not depends on your level of addiction. Titan is a good one don't listen to the Warlocks/Hunters. :rolleyes: It does take a while to build up the sub-classes too.

No matter how much space you have in the vault it is never enough. You have difficult decisions ahead of you. We used to have something like 12 armour and 12 weapon slots in the beginning I think.

Sweet, i havent been around to buy 3oC's off Xur the last few weeks.

I'm facking loaded with strange coins. Going to wax a load of them this evening.

What do you define as "loaded" cause TBH, you should always keep about 20-30 for the next week just in case if you ask me.

That being said, the SRL SC drops seems decent :)
    Ok I am hooked. Ended up last night in a witch of crota battle which was epic with a few other random people joining and everyone helping respawns

The Omnigul Strike, Strikes are 3 player Co-Op activities that have matchmaking.

Sounds like a Helm or Class item, very handy way for a newbie to get some great gear tbh. Try do the Bounties you can get from Amanda Holliday in the hanger each day if possible.

Finish upgrading your Striker to max out all ability options 1st, then start Defender (if you ask me a much better PvE Subclass) and then Sunbreaker. Only after you've maxed out all 3 and have done a decent portion of the Quests or tried all the content including all 3 Raids and Nightfalls etc would I bother looking at a 2nd character. The Striker is an Offensive class, as is the Sunbreaker, so I wouldn't upgrade those 2 first, the Defender is an Excellent Support class, even in PvP. If you're not even good at PvP, I've read somewhere that if you have a Defender in your team of 6, your team is like 30% more likely to win the match

That's just my take on it tbh.

Also, to be blunt, you blew your "Spark Of light" (level 25) on your 1st character, it makes levelling a 2nd Class much more tedious for you now

All weapons can be used by different Classes/Subclasses (except for 6 specific ones you don't need to concern yourself with for now)

Armour is Class Specific, Ghosts are not.

As you play the game, each week Banshee (the Gunsmith) will have 5 weapons for you to test, get these as you play and try do the PvE ones (if they say "Crucible" on them in the description, steer well clear)

• Advertisement

What do you define as "loaded" cause TBH, you should always keep about 20-30 for the next week just in case if you ask me.

That being said, the SRL SC drops seems decent :)

)

259 strange coins currently!

259 strange coins currently!

Jaysus :eek:

EDIT: Actually I have 361.... hory sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Who said Weapons of Light was required?
    Who said Dragons Breath was a gimmick?
    Who said Sunbreakers aren't really useful in the raid?

Datto & Co. Warpriest scorched earth.

Jaysus :eek:

EDIT: Actually I have 361.... hory sheet

Fcuking Richey Rich!

Datto can go-away and f**k off after his recent "throwing toys out of pram" over challenge mode to be blunt.

5 out of 7 Cormacs were not impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Touched a nerve? Or still thinking of your problematic Christmas Tree building?
    :D

Also, whenever I suggest doing some Made-Up challenges, everyone decides not to bother the minute it gets tricky or there's one wipe. Very disappointing.:(

I wanted to do a take on Crotas End where everyones only allowed use Shotguns and Swords and no supers, try take down Crota using Swords and Shotguns :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

Just play the story, do the quests and enjoy. There are 2 'phases' really. Before you hit level 40 and after. Once you hit 40 you can focus on getting exotics and running the more difficult activities like nightfalls, raids, etc

Don't bother with a 2nd or third character untill you have finished most of the content on your first. Once you create that 2nd/3rd character you have passed the event horizon and there is no coming back.

I started a new hunter character there a while back, it's a pain in the ass leveling up the factions again. I've the hunter up to level forty, should i even bother getting crucible rep and all that with it?

• Advertisement

I started a new hunter character there a while back, it's a pain in the ass leveling up the factions again. I've a hunter up to level forty, should i even bother getting crucible rep and all that with it?

AFAIK the only thing you'd really need crucible rep for is buying guns (which you can do with your main character) or Armour which isn't very good. Don't think it's necessary. Hunter is pretty good in pvp tho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement