Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I started a new hunter character there a while back, it's a pain in the ass leveling up the factions again. I've a hunter up to level forty, should i even bother getting crucible rep and all that with it?

There's no way in hell I'd spend time and effort levelling up a character if I already had a similar one at level 40, but that's just me

Tbh I don't know why anyone would want two chars of the same class on the go at once in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

gimli2112 wrote: »
    AFAIK the only thing you'd really need crucible rep for is buying guns (which you can do with your main character) or Armour which isn't very good. Don't think it's necessary. Hunter is pretty good in pvp tho.

Cool, buying guns isnt really an issue anyways because i can swop between characters. Hunter specific armour is an issue, but i'm stocking up on that through drops.

There's no way in hell I'd spend time and effort levelling up a character if I already had a similar one at level 40, but that's just me

Tbh I don't know why anyone would want two chars of the same class on the go at once in the first place

Oh no, i'm not levelling up another bloody hunter. I've a warlock up around 305 light and have the hunter up to around 240 at the moment.

I'm not some bloody grind sado-masochist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm not some bloody grind sado-masochist.

That's an oxymoron when describing Destiny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Also, whenever I suggest doing some Made-Up challenges, everyone decides not to bother the minute it gets tricky or there's one wipe. Very disappointing.:(

I wanted to do a take on Crotas End where everyones only allowed use Shotguns and Swords and no supers, try take down Crota using Swords and Shotguns :pac:

I agreed to shotgun heavy raids. But that was to get you to shut singing "all I need is my bubble and shotgun" while we were at Templar. That was a loooonnnggg night.

• Advertisement

That's an oxymoron when describing Destiny

True. Just because i like to put on my nipple clamps before i start grinding SRL for a miserable horn, that doesnt make me a pervert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I agreed to shotgun heavy raids. But that was to get you to shut singing "all I need is my bubble and shotgun" while we were at Templar. That was a loooonnnggg night.

Given I have no recollection of this, I'll have to take you at your word.

I thought people gave up by the Oracles cause they couldn't be f**ked moving around. I heard someone shooting an LMG and it was like I turned into teacher hearing a Nokia 3210 text alert going off "WHO WAS THAT? WELL? WHO EH? OWN UP?"

You getting into fire teams with me could well be the most sado-masocistic thing full stop, you'd think you'd have learned by now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

True. Just because i like to put on my nipple clamps before i start grinding SRL for a miserable horn, that doesnt make me a pervert.

Hey, there are other activities that could give you a miserable horn.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Given I have no recollection of this, I'll have to take you at your word.

I thought people gave up by the Oracles cause they couldn't be f**ked moving around. I heard someone shooting an LMG and it was like I turned into teacher hearing a Nokia 3210 text alert going off "WHO WAS THAT? WELL? WHO EH? OWN UP?"

You getting into fire teams with me could well be the most sado-masocistic thing full stop, you'd think you'd have learned by now :D

Thought that was at me between conflux stages as I was taking pop shots at the enemies below.

Thought that was at me between conflux stages as I was taking pop shots at the enemies below.

Using an LMG is FUNDAMENTALLY against the idea of Shotguns Only :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Using an LMG is FUNDAMENTALLY against the idea of Shotguns Only :pac:

Sitting waiting for ads to despawn is fundamentally against how to raid, also boring as f.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Some laugh last night on Goggleballs, lads all taking the pi$$ about the bomb and me before we started. We decided to 5 man it until a 6th came along and I said wait and see ill be bomb holder. Jumped into the pit, blasted him a few times then notice the counter pop up with 2 seconds left so i had the poxy bomb, jumped out had a giggle about it then on the next jump in I got the dam bomb again. But i didnt kill anyone this time :D

Sitting waiting for ads to despawn is fundamentally against how to raid, also boring as f.

That was in the days BEFORE purchasable emotes though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Anyone doing VoG this week by any chance?

Miss is a bit tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Parzival

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Cool down is after every 3oC you pop as far as I know but I've been kind of ignoring it since they started working in crucible.

How do they work in the crucible? Does it matter if you win or lose or how many points you get or do you just use them whenever. Also when you use one should you let a cooldown period or is it ok to keep popping them every game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

between the 3 characters and the vault I have 48 legendary/exotic Primary weapons. Trying to figure out which ones to keep, which ones to upgrade and which to just junk is TOUGH.

So many weapons and i'm so indecisive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

Bohrio wrote: »
    Anyone doing VoG this week by any chance?

Miss is a bit tbh

If we could get a fireteam together I would . I have that No Time to Explain Quest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

thegame983 wrote: »
    If we could get a fireteam together I would . I have that No Time to Explain Quest

I am not in the clan chat so I wont know unless someone messages me

So far we are two! anyone else? :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Parzival wrote: »
    How do they work in the crucible? Does it matter if you win or lose or how many points you get or do you just use them whenever. Also when you use one should you let a cooldown period or is it ok to keep popping them every game?

Just pop them at any point before the end of the match, doesn't matter if you win or lose. I've been popping them every time but it would probably be wiser to go every second match/race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finally back after 2 weeks absence due to exams :D got to try my hand at this sparrow racing..what are all your thoughts on it? Worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Finally back after 2 weeks absence due to exams :D got to try my hand at this sparrow racing..what are all your thoughts on it? Worth it?

Does get a bit boring with only 2 tracks but if you do the bounties every day and do the sparrow quest you should reach rank 3 and that's when the helmets/Marks/Cloaks/ Warlock item could drop at 320.
    Got a 317 helmet myself and Mickeroo:mad: seems to get a lot of exotics from using the 3 of coins before the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I thought it was quiet in here :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I thought it was quiet in here :P

:D!
    Does get a bit boring with only 2 tracks but if you do the bounties every day and do the sparrow quest you should reach rank 3 and that's when the helmets/Marks/Cloaks/ Warlock item could drop at 320.
    Got a 317 helmet myself and Mickeroo:mad: seems to get a lot of exotics from using the 3 of coins before the race.

Must get into that tomorrow morning so. I've always hated the grind to level 3 of factions though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

:D!

Must get into that tomorrow morning so. I've always hated the grind to level 3 of factions though.

SRL, also handy for leveling up a 2nd character. Finally gave in and took my level 25 hunter light 130 to level 40 and light 300 using srl and then raiding my vault to infuse the gear up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

syboit wrote: »
    SRL, also handy for leveling up a 2nd character. Finally gave in and took my level 25 hunter light 130 to level 40 and light 300 using srl and then raiding my vault to infuse the gear up.

We can run him through normal mode raid today if ya want? After we finish oryx on hard of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Does anyone bother doing Oryx normal mode anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

quad_red wrote: »
    Does anyone bother doing Oryx normal mode anymore?

We can probably get a team together at some point and take you through it

thebag89 wrote: »
    We can probably get a team together at some point and take you through it

Thanks, Bag.

Kinda all that's left really. 2 of my characters are 290 plateaued. With existing content. Never gonna be a professional raider but always able to like to at least say I'd experienced the raids!

And hey, I'm usually like 20 levels below what's required to kill even a thrall! At 290 I should be able to do reasonable damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

quad_red wrote: »
    Thanks, Bag.

Kinda all that's left really. 2 of my characters are 290 plateaued. With existing content. Never gonna be a professional raider but always able to like to at least say I'd experienced the raids!

And hey, I'm usually like 20 levels below what's required to kill even a thrall! At 290 I should be able to do reasonable damage.
    290 is plenty high enough for normal mode, what will catch you is the mechanic's

• Advertisement

thebag89 wrote: »
    290 is plenty high enough for normal mode, what will catch you is the mechanic's

Yeah, watched the walk throughs on YouTube. Pretty unforgiving for confusion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement