Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Of I don't get my hm challenge done, I'd take it on normal at this stage. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

thebag89 wrote: »
    290 is plenty high enough for normal mode, what will catch you is the mechanic's

Ill help as well. If you see me on anyday just send me an invite Quad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What is the highest level gear that drops in the crucible or is it totally random?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What is the highest level gear that drops in the crucible or is it totally random?

Random. Ive gotten a pair of 306 boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

quad_red wrote: »
    Yeah, watched the walk throughs on YouTube. Pretty unforgiving for confusion.

Once you get in a do the raid yourself they all start to make sense, I found the youtube video's were good but till you do it yourself there is no comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

5hrs at the challenge tonight, got to the last part twice, only to fail to have enough dps to kill him. Maddening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Managed to place 3rd in 2 SRL races so far...getting the hang of things, slightly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone still need to do the oryx challenge on Xbox ? I've tried it a few times with randoms from LFG but either the ogres move too far or someone fails to kill their knight. Could do with a hand if anyone else needs to do this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Anyone still need to do the oryx challenge on Xbox ? I've tried it a few times with randoms from LFG but either the ogres move too far or someone fails to kill their knight. Could do with a hand if anyone else needs to do this

Give foxer or Dave a shout, think they are looking to run it tonight and I probably won't make it on at all to get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

5hrs at the challenge tonight, got to the last part twice, only to fail to have enough dps to kill him. Maddening

ChimpAhoy: Optimus come back.

Me:Eh?

Titan walks out if Aura and dies. Pretty much sums up our 2hr attempt last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Does anyone else make a hames of the 3 wheely things on the Mars track? Managed to hit all three while leading yesterday. From consulting my book which cost me ten fecking euro I see I have won seven races! *throws book in bin.

Titan walks out if Aura and dies. Pretty much sums up our 2hr attempt last night.

Or me last night, zoomed in on Oryx's chest dps'ing, then hearing shouts of Petking come back, I lower weapon to see I've gone walkies with aura.

Spent about 2 hours as well in our group last night. It seemed to me our biggest issue was losing the shadow in the shade. We ended up doing a nm Oryx cp just to get the fragment. We managed it despite teleporting Ogres, only realised afterwards that my warlock is the one sitting pretty on 49 fragments, but ran my Titan. 

What happens now? Is challenge mode done for a while, or does it just go in rotation back around to warpriest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Back to warpriest on Tues AFAIK.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Haven't done it either, hope to get on tonight for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PetKing wrote: »
    Spent about 2 hours as well in our group last night. It seemed to me our biggest issue was losing the shadow in the shade. We ended up doing a nm Oryx cp just to get the fragment. We managed it despite teleporting Ogres, only realised afterwards that my warlock is the one sitting pretty on 49 fragments, but ran my Titan. 

What happens now? Is challenge mode done for a while, or does it just go in rotation back around to warpriest?

Same. Ended up getting to the end multiple times only for not all the bombs to detonate(always on the same ogre regardless of who detonated them). Eventually got them when nevelator stayed out and the bombs on that platform detonated twice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

only realised afterwards that my warlock is the one sitting pretty on 49 fragments, but ran my Titan. 

Feck, I'm in the same boat! Did it on my Titan and have the fragments on my warlock.
    I would be up for another hop off it this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Played a bit of BF4 this weekend. So hard to adjust coming from Destiny. Destiny's unbelieveably slow in comparison. Trying to turn 90 degrees and I'd invariably turn 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

quad_red wrote: »
    Thanks, Bag.

Kinda all that's left really. 2 of my characters are 290 plateaued. With existing content. Never gonna be a professional raider but always able to like to at least say I'd experienced the raids!

And hey, I'm usually like 20 levels below what's required to kill even a thrall! At 290 I should be able to do reasonable damage.

SRL drops 320 helms and class items at rank 3, with is easy enough to get to - definitely worth a jaunt to help push your light level up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Gona try get it going tonight yeah, maybe around 9?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Anyone for finishing HM raid from the sisters tonight? Well that is if I am able to see out of my eye by this evening :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Gona try get it going tonight yeah, maybe around 9?

I might be able to lend a hand if ye need 1, all depends on the xmas workload thats lined up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I might be able to lend a hand if ye need 1, all depends on the xmas workload thats lined up.

Cool, I'll bang you a message around 9, let you know what's happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nevelator wrote: »
    Feck, I'm in the same boat! Did it on my Titan and have the fragments on my warlock.
    I would be up for another hop off it this evening.

I had the fragments on my Titan, still missing one somewhere. Anyway, I'm up for another run later as my Warlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I've a good feeling about this challenge mode tonight, we can do this lads... And if we can't, it's all foxers fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

I had the fragments on my Titan, still missing one somewhere. Anyway, I'm up for another run later as my Warlock.

I'd be up for a run with the Titan later.

nevelator wrote:
    Feck, I'm in the same boat! Did it on my Titan and have the fragments on my warlock. I would be up for another hop off it this evening.

I'd chance another go, but if I don't get it finished I'm not too bothered as I'd given it a good shot. Glutton for punishment. I have the Oryx cp on my Titan. I'm hardlined to horizon box so hopefully won't be too glitchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Or me last night, zoomed in on Oryx's chest dps'ing, then hearing shouts of Petking come back, I lower weapon to see I've gone walkies with aura.

That was pretty funny actually :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Trying to get the last quarter of the srl to rank 3 is tough work, getting there at a snails pace especially with all the bounties already done today. When is it over?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Trying to get the last quarter of the srl to rank 3 is tough work, getting there at a snails pace especially with all the bounties already done today. When is it over?

29th

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement