Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Trying to get the last quarter of the srl to rank 3 is tough work, getting there at a snails pace especially with all the bounties already done today. When is it over?

Dec 29th at reset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

When this...

9K62OXqh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

becomes this...

d55y3RUh.jpg

Best run I'd had to date in ToO, RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Early Christmas loot drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I've a good feeling about this challenge mode tonight, we can do this lads... And if we can't, it's all foxers fault!

---
    Lionel Hutz: Now, Mrs. Simpson, tell the court in your own words what happened after you and your husband were ejected out of the restaurant.

Marge: Well, we pretty much went straight home.

Lionel Hutz: Mrs. Simpson, remember that you are under oath.

Marge: We drove around until three in the morning looking for another open all-you-can-eat seafood restaurant.
    ---

Couldn't give up last night :( , had to find a group on lfg to get it done on normal at least. Bed for 3, thank god it will be quite today in work.

Saying that anyone on for warpriest tonight I'll be on around 10 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

syboit wrote: »
    ---
    Lionel Hutz: Now, Mrs. Simpson, tell the court in your own words what happened after you and your husband were ejected out of the restaurant.

Marge: Well, we pretty much went straight home.

Lionel Hutz: Mrs. Simpson, remember that you are under oath.

Marge: We drove around until three in the morning looking for another open all-you-can-eat seafood restaurant.
    ---

Couldn't give up last night :( , had to find a group on lfg to get it done on normal at least. Bed for 3, thank god it will be quite today in work.

Saying that anyone on for warpriest tonight I'll be on around 10 :D

It was a frustrating experience- it's not that we don't know what to do, the theory is sound, just failing on the practical. My first time doing the jumpy knight slam, so I know I could be faster. And then not getting enough deeps in the shade bubble, or randomly dying inside the protecty bubble. Another few weeks with a bit of practice and maybe some newer hallowed gear and hopefully we will be get it the next time around.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    It was a frustrating experience- it's not that we don't know what to do, the theory is sound, just failing on the practical. My first time doing the jumpy knight slam, so I know I could be faster. And then not getting enough deeps in the shade bubble, or randomly dying inside the protecty bubble. Another few weeks with a bit of practice and maybe some newer hallowed gear and hopefully we will be get it the next time around.

The shade part has never been kind to us, plenty of times last night he just never appeared and we couldn't even get him.

Anyone who will jump before me is doing a good job in my book :)

Deffo seems to be the way to go though, 2 titan bubbles and 3 platform people (the lfg group last night did the same thing on normal just dropped the 2 bubbles on the ground). I think it was only my 3rd time beating oryx, and compared to the first few attempts it just seems so easy now. We'll get the hard one the same way soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

ibFoxer wrote:

syboit wrote:
    Deffo seems to be the way to go though, 2 titan bubbles and 3 platform people (the lfg group last night did the same thing on normal just dropped the 2 bubbles on the ground). I think it was only my 3rd time beating oryx, and compared to the first few attempts it just seems so easy now. We'll get the hard one the same way soon

We were the same start and the same problems last night. Eventually we were all perfectly in sync and it was lovely for 2/3 attempts. Each time, I missed the platform before the relic. I'm sickened and dejected now.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Got the challenge done on my warlock last night, at 2am!! Have 49 fragments and should be able to get the last one off Coo T3 this week.
    Went through 3 groups running it, most the wipes we had were due to bad luck/glitches. The second group I joined was littered with teleporting ogres (although a working theory is that more than 3 snipe shots may stagger them enough so that they teleport?)
    As Wonda-boy has said previously a good relic runner makes life much easier for the platform fellas. The last group had a real good runner; I was on platform 2 and by the time I got my Knight, he had the relic!
    I am not sure what other people use for the platforms; but the following seems to work for me. I fling a grenade at the ogre then machine gun him down. Snipe the Knight (try and get him down with 2 shots). Check for acolytes eyes and snipe them if they appear. GTFO dodge when the relic is got.

Good roll this week for the daily missions, no time to explain yesterday, and spindle mission today. Is the warpriest challenge up today? not much on reddit about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nevelator wrote: »
    Got the challenge done on my warlock last night, at 2am!! Have 49 fragments and should be able to get the last one off Coo T3 this week.
    Went through 3 groups running it, most the wipes we had were due to bad luck/glitches. The second group I joined was littered with teleporting ogres (although a working theory is that more than 3 snipe shots may stagger them enough so that they teleport?)
    As Wonda-boy has said previously a good relic runner makes life much easier for the platform fellas. The last group had a real good runner; I was on platform 2 and by the time I got my Knight, he had the relic!
    I am not sure what other people use for the platforms; but the following seems to work for me. I fling a grenade at the ogre then machine gun him down. Snipe the Knight (try and get him down with 2 shots). Check for acolytes eyes and snipe them if they appear. GTFO dodge when the relic is got.

AOE grenade at his feet to stop him moving forward then two quick snipes let the TOM Middle guys finish him, spin and double snipe the Knight.

nevelator wrote:
    Got the challenge done on my warlock last night, at 2am!! Have 49 fragments and should be able to get the last one off Coo T3 this week. Went through 3 groups running it, most the wipes we had were due to bad luck/glitches. The second group I joined was littered with teleporting ogres (although a working theory is that more than 3 snipe shots may stagger them enough so that they teleport?) As Wonda-boy has said previously a good relic runner makes life much easier for the platform fellas. The last group had a real good runner; I was on platform 2 and by the time I got my Knight, he had the relic! I am not sure what other people use for the platforms; but the following seems to work for me. I fling a grenade at the ogre then machine gun him down. Snipe the Knight (try and get him down with 2 shots). Check for acolytes eyes and snipe them if they appear. GTFO dodge when the relic is got.

I missed ye when you joined up with the boards lads. By the time I checked back in the roster, you were with an LFG group, figured ye didn't have much joy ;)
    To be honest, I'm at my happiest when I'm relic runner, I really want to get it down. By the last two attempts, I was moving very quick and skipping my Titan over platforms, I was down to meet the tomb ship and vessel as they spawned in. My downfall was trying to be that little bit too clever and fast between platforms, and not fully double tapping X to get going in the first place. I'm learning down as well, the subtle differences in platform distance. All seem to depend on the starting platform. Some require longer floaty glides, while others you can single jump to move fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

anyone on xbox need the black spindle mission?

Up for Spindle mission later on if anyone's about. My Titan is high enough to survive now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

PetKing wrote: »
    Up for Spindle mission later on if anyone's about. My Titan is high enough to survive now.

I'll be on for that. Should be on from 7:30 onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Confirmed on Reddit that the warpriest challenge is back today. Same challenge as before, has to be different aura holders each rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

We ended up being successful putting the bubbles up on the sister's platform opposite Oryx each run. Safer from the ads and allowed team shooting of any errant Knights. Definitely better to leave your platform as soon as possible and look to kill the knight from the bubble versus dying on your plate.

Having a determined focus to generate orbs after staggering Oryx helps too, Nightstalkers are very handy for that. Tethering ads at the start and between each round helps keep that bubble train going.

It also doesn't hurt to rehearse running to the bombs before you start. We had a couple of runs where we detonated all the bombs, but some went too early and we didn't get the maximum effect. That was a pisser.

As an aside, Skyburners Annex was quite handy for that portion of the raid. Chance to generate orbs off of heavy kills and receive Special ammo when you run over an orb with a full super.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

nevelator wrote: »
    I am not sure what other people use for the platforms; but the following seems to work for me. I fling a grenade at the ogre then machine gun him down. Snipe the Knight (try and get him down with 2 shots). Check for acolytes eyes and snipe them if they appear...

Magnetic grenades that explode twice when attached also work really well on the Ogres from the platforms - as you're unlikely to miss at that range. With ToM assisting a couple of sniper shots means you still have a few shots to help with the second Ogre before reloading. With a full clip you should be able to take down your knight and the acolyte eye with ease.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So last night a few of the lads helped me get my hands on a Black Spindle, Boolean Gemeni, another 310 of boots that brought my War Nuumen's up to 310 and a few other bits :D

Good run upto and past golgoroth last night, once we got past the totems and the few glitches they kept throwing at us. First time doing the raid with the hunter, deffo missed my bubble :) (along with missing around 5 tethers!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

looking for some destiny players for co op ps4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Lads...the taken king... Is it worth it?

I haven't bought any of the expansions yet but I'm stuck at level 34 and bored of doing easy raids/strikes.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Lads...the taken king... Is it worth it?

I haven't bought any of the expansions yet but I'm stuck at level 34 and bored of doing easy raids/strikes.

Yeah, the taken king was head and shoulders above both the other 2 expansions. You can probably pick up the legendary edition, that includes all the expansions, for maybe 30 euro now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Thanks... What was the play time on it, did it take long to get through?

Not sure tbh, i am still closing out items from my alts. You'd burn to level 40 very fast but to actually finish out the quest lines and get the new gear would take a fair whack of time.

doesn't take too long to get through the Take King story to be honest, playing both the first and second act of it is probably comparably in time to the initial launch of Destiny in terms of story missions.

However, there are a ton of quests to complete, which involve killing various things on various planets - it is a bit repetitive (as Destiny is) but keeps the engagement level high, imo. The new strikes are good fun and the new Raid is very good, much better than Crota, imo.

For the money you can get it for now, I think it is fantastic value for money - especially if you are willing and able to get stuck in to the multiplayer aspects (co-op and the more competitive variants.).

CS Hasuki wrote: »
    looking for some destiny players for co op ps4

Check my sig for the Boards.ie clan, sign up and send friend requests to the people in the clan. Put the fact you are on boards.ie in the message request.

Loads of PS4 players on here, generally always a few people knocking around doing various different things. Most aspects of the co op stuff are organised via the PS4 chat features, rather than on here.

Friend, and message, GenericDreadHead - and he will add you to the clan message thread when space opens (max 100 people per message, which I think we are at, at the moment.)

Does anyone know if twilight garrison can roll without strength ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Does anyone know if twilight garrison can roll without strength ?

Mine has a INT/DIS roll. Decrypted from engram like that.

• Advertisement

bucks73 wrote: »
    Mine has a INT/DIS roll. Decrypted from engram like that.

Thanks Johnny. Will buy a few Glass Needles tomorrow so and see can I get no strength.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement