Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning conversational Irish in one month

• 22-10-2015 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,
    I am pursuing a career as a librarian. I am applying for a job as a Library assistant. I have a BA and MSc in Psychology and a good deal of work experience however I am concerned about doing the 10 minute oral test in Irish.

I was weak at Irish during my leaving and it is about 15 years since I spoke a word. Any advice on how to learn it within a month before my interview (if I get it)?

Please help, I really want to go down this career path.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hellotree

I'm in the midlands, Laois

The job is in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Try Duolingo.com

Good luck!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Not sure if it still runs but in Portlaoise Library there used to be a Ciorcal Comhrá which met to chat as Gaeilge each Wednesday from 5.15pm-6.30pm.
    I'd also suggest you listen to Raidio na Gaeltachta and watch TG4 too.

• Advertisement

Thank you Cliona99, I'll look into that.

Thank you byhookorbycrook I will give them a ring tomorrow.

Open to more suggestions also

Advertisement