Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brock at Wrestlemania 32 - Who should his opponent be?

• 22-10-2015 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭

With Brock taking on Undertaker at Hell in the Cell this Sunday instead of Wrestlemania 32 as first expected, Who do you think Brock should face at the next Gran Daddy of them all in Texas next year?

Who should face Brock at Wrestlemania 32? 22 votes

The Rock
    0% 0 votes
    John Cena
    45% 10 votes
    Roman Reigns
    0% 0 votes
    Seth Rollins
    0% 0 votes
    Kevin Owens
    13% 3 votes
    Sheamus
    27% 6 votes
    Cesaro
    4% 1 vote
    Undertaker again!
    9% 2 votes
    Sting
    0% 0 votes
    Someone else?
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Not Cena, HHH or Taker

each have faced him multiple times and him vs Taker in HIAC is being billed as their last encounter which it should be.

I really really don't see him facing SCSA or Goldberg as rumoured in the past.

I'd love for him to be vs someone new like Kevin Owens but I def don't expect the WWE to go that way. I think they would love Lesnar vs The Rock (and voted for that one as I see as at least equal most likely) but tbh I am not sure if it's feasible given The Rocks commitments and the worry about injury when in there with Brock esp after what happened when he faced Cena and got injured.

An option I would believe is Seth Rollins after a Seth face turn. Seth (stops acting like a whiney biatch, grows a backbone and) turns on the Authority going up against HHH at the Rumble after which HHH seeking vengence (having lost) offers Seth and the WWE title up on a plate to Brock Lesnar. If Seth won it'd make him an absolute superstar too... actually now kinda wish I voted for that.

My dream Brock match (won't happen) however is still Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I purposely didnt add Stone Cold to the list because hes retired and even if he was to return for one last match, it shouldnt be with a man like Brock. Brock would crush Austins neck if he was in the ring with him with considering how badly his neck is injured.

Daniel Bryan would be a great match but I doubt WWE would let him in the ring with Brock considering his concussions issue.

Id love to see The Rock get a few Germans myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

There is only 3 choices on that list that interest me ; Kevin Owens, Cesaro and Sheamus. I also think Dean Ambrose and Randy Orton would be fun match ups for Brock. But most likely its gonna be Roman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

As much as i'd love an Austin comeback, that ship has sailed now, cant see The Rock putting himself through a physical match like that, we've already seen HHH and Cena, I dont want to see Daniel Bryan, its just not possible to imagine Bryan causing Lesnar any trouble so the list is fairly small.

I'm putting my money on Roman Reigns

You forgot the Big Show option on the poll Joe :pac:

Kane would fit the above just as well

The more I think of it the more Rollins is the only one that makes sense

They teased it all those months ago before Brock went nuts and got himself suspended, Brock never got his rematch for the title and everyone else is either not high profile enough to face Brock, the fear of Injury would put them off the match or Brock has face multiple times already.

SCSA, The Rock, D.Bryan - The risk of Injury means its a no go
    HHH, Cena, Taker (Big Show) - done to death and will be busy elsewhere (Taker vs Sting?, HHH vs The Rock?)
    Roman Reigns would be a repeat of last year and I think people would want it even less this year despite the roman backlash having lessened somewhat
    Cesaro wouldn't be seen as high profile enough unless the really surprise us and strap a rocket to him, to a lesser extent i'd say the same about Ambrose too.

• Advertisement

Ah he techniaclly got his rematch at Battleground against Seth.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah he techniaclly got his rematch at Battleground against Seth.

ha I think I completely blanked that from my memory as there was essentially no finished to the match even though the feud and Brocks interest in the title just ended.

In many ways that kinda invalidates my arguement above but for the reasons listed it still probably makes the most sense to me.

HHH vs The Rock w/Special ref SCSA
    Brock vs Seth
    Taker vs Sting

although that said I wouldn't mind a Shield triple threat and added to the other two matches plus a Brock match thats an awesome card already (yeah too many part timers etc) but it's just that I don't have enough faith in the WWE to build someone new up to Brocks level before mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,977 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd love to see Lesnar and Owens have a war inside a cage.

it's just that I don't have enough faith in the WWE to build someone new up to Brocks level before mania.

Never a truer word written.

While its possible to create a new star, Ive zero faith in WWE creative.

Rusev, Cesaro, Ziggler, Owens, Ambrose......all great workers with brimming with star potential and each one of them missed opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Kevin Owens, unless they do Owens vs. Zayn at WrestleMania.

• Advertisement

mxph3 wrote: »
    Kevin Owens, unless they do Owens vs. Zayn at WrestleMania.

which again I think they really should do. Then again my faith in WWE makes me think they would decide to jam Randy Orton, Sheamus and co onto a card even if they didn't have a set feud for em before logical match ups like this one.

Actually think they missed a trick with both the Brock PPV specials. obviously he shouldn't have faced Big Show but even even his Beast in the east match vs Kofi coulda been so much more than the squash that it was. Why not make it essentially him vs all 3 of new day and it be competitive as a result,

Even just being competitive in a match vs Brock would be enough to put over someone like Cesaro for example and help push him. You wouldn't need to beat Brock

This is a little out there but how about:
    Special referee & mainstream attention getting match
    HHH w/Stephanie McMahon vs The Rock w/Ronda Rousey vs Brock Lesnar w/Sable Ref: SCSA

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

Out of the list The Rock as it's the biggest match they can do but I doubt it will happen. A triple threat with Reigns and Rollins for the title would make sense. Really want them to hold off on Rollins/Reigns feud and then have a double turn at Mania with Rollins as a face challenging Reigns post Mania for the belt.

I doubt Brock is going to win the title again but at least take advantage of him and put him in the title match. If Rock vs HHH isn't happening then I think Rock vs a heel Reigns is more likely than Rock vs Lesnar. Not sure where that would leave Brock thought as facing Rollins wouldn't be abig enough match due to how badly Rollins has been booked - although it would be great to see a proper match between those two as oppose to the squash we saw at Battleground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I purposely didnt add Stone Cold to the list because hes retired and even if he was to return for one last match, it shouldnt be with a man like Brock. Brock would crush Austins neck if he was in the ring with him with considering how badly his neck is injured.

Daniel Bryan would be a great match but I doubt WWE would let him in the ring with Brock considering his concussions issue.

Id love to see The Rock get a few Germans myself.

I am sure I have read and heard it over the last while that Brock is great to work with in terms of looking after the other guy in the ring, so I don't think that would be an issue. I'll try and find out where I got that and I'll link it.

I am sure I have read and heard it over the last while that Brock is great to work with in terms of looking after the other guy in the ring, so I don't think that would be an issue. I'll try and find out where I got that and I'll link it.

Im just saying, judging by his in-ring style, he appears to be quite wreckless.

He dumps people on the back of their neck with such force, I imagine Austin would be destined for an injured consiidering the condition of his neck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I voted for Cesaro. I think if they build it like something along the lines of Tyson Kidd trying to make a comeback (if it actually fits with the timeframe in his rehab) and Lesnar reinjuring him for whatever reason (I haven't fully thought this out yet :D) Cesaro steps in and shows a few displays of strength against Lesnar, sets up the match for WM. Cesaro looks to be the first challenger since Cena I suppose who can legit match him for strength and he can use it to break up the Germans before they start and stuff like that. Hold off on the Swing till WM but tease it on Raw a couple of times maybe. Cole and Co would need to help build Cesaro too though.

I see Cesaro as someone who should be up there with Brock but WWE don't so I wouldn't hold out hope for my scenario. So alternatively I'd like to see Brock v Rock for the star value but would also hope that Heymans promos could make Rocks promos step up a gear and help him deliver stuff like he used to.

Advertisement