Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line installation without contract

Options
  • 22-10-2015 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I've moved to a brand new estate. I want to get a line installed but don't want to become an eircom contracted customer. What do I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

doyle7 wrote: »
    I've moved to a brand new estate. I want to get a line installed but don't want to become an eircom contracted customer. What do I do?

You'd need to contact the provider you want to join and they will send Eir to install a line but you won't be required to pay Eir or be a customer. Any of the broadband providers will be able to get one installed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Sky couldn't for me but obviously Vodafone has more power and they got it done.

A lot of installation is done by KN.

A lot of installation is done by KN.

Sky won't do it. The only thing they will do is upgrade your line to fibre. I had the same problem with Sky. Yeah KN solutions or KN Network will install the line they work for Eir. But yeah, you are best to try Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

KN work for Eircom wholesale or open eir as they call themselves now.

They install lines that any provider on same network can use, weather a particular company wants to engage with wholesale is up to them, such as Sky.

Eir will only provide on contract however others like VF can do same by engaging open eir.

Sky won't do it because they want to be the ones who do the work. Just a problem when they aren't allowed access the cabinets etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

It's not a case o having more power, it's either Sky aren't bothered or they haven't updated their systems to put an install order through.

jd wrote: »
    It's not a case o having more power, it's either Sky aren't bothered or they haven't updated their systems to put an install order through.

They aren't bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭doyle7

jd wrote: »

So basically there's little or no hope of get a new connection via the sky route? I'd rather go upc than eir at this stage.

So basically there's little or no hope of get a new connection via the sky route? I'd rather go upc than eir at this stage.

There is no hope. You can try them but I am 99% positive they won't do it. All their system tells them is you can't get it in your area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi doyle7

The advice from sour lemonz is most accurate to be honest. Unfortuantely eir don't install landlines without contract.

Al

• Advertisement

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi doyle7

The advice from sour lemonz is most accurate to be honest. Unfortuantely eir don't install landlines without contract.

Al

But they will if another company requests? Ie vodafone or sky?

Hi doyle7

Al

But they will if another company requests? Ie vodafone or sky?
    Some other providers have an agreement with eir wholesale (open eir it's called) where eir arrange connection for that provider however if ordered directly through eir (at a consumer level) a contract applies. I'm aware Vodafone do this but not sure about Sky - you'll need to check with them.

Al

Al

That isn't true if another provider requests the line

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

I think the rep is differentiating between open eir (wholesale) and eir (retail).

Thanks Jd

That's exactly what I'm doing

As I mentioned the other provider contacts open eir (eir wholesale) and then eir technicians arrange installation without opening an eir account.

Al

Thanks Jd

As I mentioned the other provider contacts open eir (eir wholesale) and then eir technicians arrange installation without opening an eir account.

Al

I was onto sky earlier and basically they won't do a thing without a pre or existing phone line installed. Won't request anything either. He even went as far as saying I'd get onto UPC before I go anywhere else.

Thanks Jd

Al

I was onto sky earlier and basically they won't do a thing without a pre or existing phone line installed. Won't request anything either. He even went as far as saying I'd get onto UPC before I go anywhere else.
    Sorry to hear this doyle7 - there's little I can do on that but if you have any further questions feel free to ask

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement