Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undertaker - Wrestlemania 32

• 22-10-2015 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

And since we are looking at Brocks potential opponent, The Undertaker is speculated to be appearing at Wrestlemania which could also be his last in his home state of Texas. (If he manages to get past Brock in 1 piece)

Who would you like to see face Taker in what could be his final WWE match?

Who should face Taker at WM32? 29 votes

Sting
    0% 0 votes
    John Cena
    55% 16 votes
    The Rock
    20% 6 votes
    Chris Jericho
    6% 2 votes
    Roman Reigns
    0% 0 votes
    Kane
    3% 1 vote
    Seth Rollins
    3% 1 vote
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    6% 2 votes
    Daniel Bryan
    3% 1 vote
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Every year it becomes a little less popular as the guys age a bit more / lose a bit more but it's gonna be Taker vs Sting imho

Just hope they don't go too far along the WWE vs WCW route. We had that already with HHH vs Sting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Every year it becomes a little less popular as the guys age a bit more / lose a bit more but it's gonna be Taker vs Sting imho

Just hope they don't go too far along the WWE vs WCW route. We had that already with HHH vs Sting

I was dead against it Sting v Taker 2 years ago and in hindsight id say they could have put on a good match at the very least.

With the right build and depending on how healthy they both are by the time April comes around (Taker could be in bits after Sunday and Sting is in bits following his match with Rollins), They could still work a decnt solid match that would entertain the masses. No MOTY contender but a solid match is possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It has to be Sting.

I do think both of the could go for 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It has to be Sting.

They wouldnt even need 20 in my mind, a 12-15 mintue match could suffice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I think it's TBC who is a great promoter of a match always leading to something after it storyline wise but honestly I feel the only time pretty much ever when I'd feel it worth not worrying about that would be Taker vs Sting. Firstly it's a Wrestlemania moment for the ages and then it's the two icons of the WCW/WWF (the last two gunslingers from the attitude era is how they would probably bill it) going out giving everything they have left in their tanks against each other. No matter the result (Taker will win) they will get a standing ovation.

I would hope they give Sting a PPV win before that though assuming he is fit enough (after his Rollins match) to get a PPV match before it as so far I think he's only won one match and that was an impromptu tag match where he teamed with Cena on Raw. Matches people will remember he is 0-2 so far and it'd be terrible for his WWE career to essentially be 0-3

They would easily do 20mins imo and not just cos of the intro lenghts, think Rock vs Hogan and all the stare downs and moments of respect etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sting

just for the promos and its a dream match for many fans since the 90's

Cena would not be a bad choice either

please not Ron Strowman or someother giant that will be forgotton about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Someone who will not throw him about like a rag doll for a start. He and Sting could but on a good match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Taker vs. Sting. It's not going to be a 5 star classic match, but the build-up could be incredible.

Taker vs. Cena would be safer option though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭thesultan

Could someone tell why all the greats where back on raw on Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

thesultan wrote: »

By all the greats do you mean Erick Rowan, Mark Henry and Alicia Fox? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think they'll finally do the match with sting they need as many big matches to fill it and I think they'll go with this.

I would love him to face balor as it would be the demon vs the demon of Death Valley but realistically that won't happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I think he'd be better to retire at Survivor Series and leave WM to the current roster.

Have him lose (clean) to Brock, and have himself question if he's still got what it takes, have taker in a SS match where if he loses he retires, and have Rollins pin him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

It has to be Sting.

His injury at NOC was legit it seems and fwiw Dave Meltzer has said repeatedly that Vince has no interest in Sting v Undertaker. The crowds have forced their hand the past two years so maybe if they got behind lobbying for Sting it could happen I guess maybe? :confused: Neither Undertaker nor Sting are on TV regularly so idk.

thesultan wrote: »

Their ratings have been sliding the past few weeksn(as is often the case at this time of year), Brock and Austin were there already to do the podcast, Shawn Michaels lives in Texas anyway I guess and Flair has popped up occasionally since Charlotte has appeared on Raw. All their appearances were pretty rubbish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Gotta be Sting for me too. I'd like them to team together at a PPV in the build up before agreeing to one last iconic match, that way Sting gets a PPV win & they have a clear narrative for fighting each other. Honestly wouldn't even care if it was poor, the spectacle alone would be worth it & immediately sells the show.

(I'd also like it to be Cena, or I think a Brothers of Destruction match against someone is more likely which I'd also be ok with.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sting for me too, simply for the promos, the video packages, and imagine the face to face confrontations!

I don't think i'd like to see Taker against anyone else at this point. Unless HBK would come out of retirement for 1 more match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Heard Vince is not interested in sting vs undertaker. What is wrong with him its a match everyone dreamed off

If sting is healthy for mania it's suppose to be him vs bray Wyatt

Can see Cena facing taker or god forbid strowman

Advertisement