Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cambodia/Thailand

• 22-10-2015 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks seriously thinking of heading over here in January as I will be out of work and badly need a good holiday!!!

Thinking of Cambodia for 2 weeks and then Thailand, obviously we will be travelling around but I cannot wait for some nice beaches and booze.. What are the requirements as in visas etc and how many dollars do I get for 50 euros I was looking at XE but it dont look right.

Cheers..:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Truckermal wrote: »
    Hi Folks seriously thinking of heading over here in January as I will be out of work and badly need a good holiday!!!

Thinking of Cambodia for 2 weeks and then Thailand, obviously we will be travelling around but I cannot wait for some nice beaches and booze.. What are the requirements as in visas etc and how many dollars do I get for 50 euros I was looking at XE but it dont look right.

Cheers..:)

Thai visa is free on arrival for 30 days, you can choose to extend if you're willing to pay or just leave and return across land for an extra 15 days free
    Cambodia visa is $20, but you'll probably be charged $25 with the border guard pocketing the $5.
    €50 should be about $55.
    Look into vietnam too, beautiful country

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

I thought I paid $30 dollars last year for Cambodian Visa. (At Phnom Penh Airport). Can be done online, or at Airports and borders.

As said previously, the dollar exchange is now quite weak. About €1 : $1.10.
    Last year was €1 : $1.3.

Great country, will be down in Sihanoukville the week after next. Local draft beer only $.50 / half litre !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Thanks folks!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

I'm not long back from travelling around there so here's a few tips..

If you do decide to head from Bangkok to Siam Reap, you can get a cheap flight with Air Asia for about €60 including a checked bag. Buses are a lot cheaper than that but it's an 8 hr journey with a dodgy border crossing. Flight time from DMK is 30 minutes and it's $30 for your Cambodian visa.. No need to do it online if you decide to fly in.. forms are waiting for you when you go into the customs hall

For getting around Cambodia, Giant Ibis are the best bus company.. Buses are gps tracked, speed limited, nearly all have wifi and don't mess you about. Little bit more expensive but worth it.

If you want any more tips shoot me a message. C

Advertisement