Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I think it's a BFP!!

• 22-10-2015 7:39pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am not meant to test until tomorrow, Friday, but I needed to know & if it was a bfn in the morn I wouldn't be able for work!

I tested 10 mins ago & at first I was sure I was out, but a faint 2nd line appeared & I nearly collapsed!! Just showed it to hubby & he can see it!!!! I'm literally in shock!

I'm almost 39, it's our first go at IUI & 6 1/2 years trying!! I am literally in tears!! I have to see if it's any darker with first urine Sample in the morning & then ring the clinic!
    I think I'm in a dream right now. I've never had a BFP!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Congrats and best of luck!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Lisha wrote: »
    Congrats and best of luck!!

Thanks! Now the worrying will begin! 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dizzy bee

Huge congrats :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Thanks! Now the worrying will begin! 😳

It's a fab thing to be worrying about though. :) (if you know what I mean)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Congrats - that is lovely news.

• Advertisement
  • Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Delighted for ya :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Ciarrai76 I'm so happy for you. I remember when you first started posting here back in 2013 and you were thinking of not even trying fertility treatment and just resigning yourselves to fate
    I'm so glad you decided to go ahead and try fertility treatment, and to get a BFP on first time IUI - amazing xx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Lucuma wrote: »
    Ciarrai76 I'm so happy for you. I remember when you first started posting here back in 2013 and you were thinking of not even trying fertility treatment and just resigning yourselves to fate
    I'm so glad you decided to go ahead and try fertility treatment, and to get a BFP on first time IUI - amazing xx

Thank you :)

I tested again this morning, and although the line is still light, it is there! My husband can see it so i'm not imagining it!

The clinic is keeping me on progesterone for now and they will do a blood test in a week or so. But in the meantime I'm to take it easy :)

I'm still in shock, it doesn't feel real!! I never thought it would happen first time, and as you said, I didn't even want to do treatment, I was not happy about it, but I just went for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

aw pet that's great news! Congratulations x

stickybean wrote: »
    aw pet that's great news! Congratulations x

thanks! I'm sooo nervous! I bought a digital test a while ago & will do that tomorrow, just to make sure!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Congratulations. It's such a surreal time. When I got my bfp after my second Ivf cycle, I was still doing tests until after my first scan at 7weeks! I couldn't believe it!

Thanks everyone! well its been a week since my test...all 3 of them!!

I haven't had a blood test with the clinic yet, they wanted to leave it a week or two before doing it. I was expecting them to call me this week, but they haven't yet! I'm feeling good, bit tired, but generally good and mainly in good form! I've been trying to eat better, as I'm the type of person who doesn't eat much during day, skips breakfast etc! I usually only have about 1 cappuccino a day, and trying to cut that out, and have swapped to decaf tea! :)

Still feeling nervous, but excited! Told my parents & sisters and they are delighted :)

Advertisement