Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here aiming for Veterinary Medicine?

Options
  • 22-10-2015 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Anyone here aiming to get 575+ points in the Leaving to go on to become a vet? If so do you think the the points may go up or down due to the new points system?
    It's going to be a huge pain getting all those points, but I hope it will be worth it in the end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

I was aiming for it. Then I did a week's work experience in a small animals veterinary clinic last year, and another week with a more "on-the-road" vet doing call-outs to farms.

It proved that the vet life wasn't for me. Really opened my eyes to what the job entails.

Not trying to turn anybody off the career but I'd highly recommend getting a week or two work experience with a vet to eliminate any sugar-coated visions of the career that an individual may have before you dedicate yourself to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I agree with the last poster. A close family member of mine is a vet- she works incredibly long hours, very few breaks, pay is good but not mega bucks. She loves it so it doesn't seem like "work" to her but I would suggest getting work experience to see the realities of it. Good luck with your exams, whatever you decide to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Hi, the points system is not changing until 2017 entry. Or arew you in 5th Year now

Advertisement