Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housemydog.com - pet minding website

Options
  • 22-10-2015 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Has anyone used this website ..housemydog.com?
    I was searching for a dog sitter for next week, Dublin 15 and thought this a good idea, you need to join as a member to search available dog minders. 5 member profiles matched my location, price and calendar availability and only one member bothered to reply stating they were on holiday even though the calendar showed free time. This site purports to be "airbnb" for dogs/pets but is no where close to this kind of intro service. I'm curious if it has worked for anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

dont think this has taken off in Ireland - yet? there are a few websites like this that seem to have very few members. Ive always ended up getting a local person to come 'do' my pets in my home, or a kennel in an emergency. Google PET SITTERS too...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Not in a million years would I get some randomer off a website to mind my pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

EBerg wrote: »
    I was searching for a dog sitter for next week, Dublin 15

I was in a similar situation a few months ago, my usual cat sitter wasn't available so I rang some vets and asked them whether they had some good names to advise me.
    Eventually I found a very good person that was also a veterinarian student, I thought it was good to have someone that has some medical notion as well, just in case.
    Ask your vet, they may know a student who needs some money and has the proper amount of love towards pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DalaiAlma

You could try pawshake.ie - they have a big enough membership. It includes insurance, and the sitters get feedback from the customers in a similar way to eBay. There are enough sitters available on it that you're likely to be able to find someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EBerg

Thanks.. We eventually found someone via facebook friends. Shame though as the site looked good, it's a pity the community isn't active (or perhaps members don't exist). Several private ads on Adverts only have this site address for queries. I get the sense there's isn't a real person behind the profiles. Anyway the pooch is tucked away tonight with some genuine pet lovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I joined a borrow dog site a while ago with the aim of finding someone to help with walking and to share the joy a bit. Looking at some of the matches I really wondered if a lot of the borrowers were even as genuine as the majority of women on certain dating sites. I didn't have enough faith in the site or its vetting procedures etc to follow through. A nice shiny website doesn't equate to adequate care. :(

Advertisement