Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Each Way Bets

Options
  • 22-10-2015 8:59pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what people's limits are for putting each way bets on. For myself, 4/1 would be my limit for 1/4 bets and 5/1 for 1/5 bets, I want to at least make my money back so I'd be happier to put a bit more on the win than edge my bets for shorter odds than that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Had that policy myself for about 20 yrs.

Have tweaked it a bit.

If a horse is say 8/1, then I will do 80 win 40 place etc ensuring I'm covered on the place portion.

Some swear backing less than 4/1 etc is no value, others say not. Some also suggest doing win only. Most of the tipsters (Taylor atr,segal, ) still play ew so that's good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I dont often go too big a price each way, unless i really think the fav will be hard to beat.

Starting doing each way 5/1 and less a bit more over the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

would do 3/1 ew if 1/4 odds
    getting 8.75 back from a tenner isnt a bad result

Advertisement