Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-resident mortgage documentation challenges

Options
  • 22-10-2015 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I am working in the USA and looking to get a mortgage for a BTL property in Ireland. After reading some of the posts and talking to a couple of banks I am concerned that it will be impossible for me to meet the documentation requirements. 

For example - in one discussion with the mortgage representative at a bank, I was told that I would need original documents - bank statements, tax return, pay statements and a letter from my employer stating salary and job title "stamped".

My banking, taxes and pay statements are all done online AND my company does not use a "stamp" - nor letterhead as they also do most business electronically. Has any non-resident been able to get around these arcane 19th century practices?

Jimmy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

loznduff wrote: »
    Hi,

I am working in the USA and looking to get a mortgage for a BTL property in Ireland. After reading some of the posts and talking to a couple of banks I am concerned that it will be impossible for me to meet the documentation requirements. 

For example - in one discussion with the mortgage representative at a bank, I was told that I would need original documents - bank statements, tax return, pay statements and a letter from my employer stating salary and job title "stamped".

My banking, taxes and pay statements are all done online AND my company does not use a "stamp" - nor letterhead as they also do most business electronically. Has any non-resident been able to get around these arcane 19th century practices?

Jimmy
    Hi Jimmy,

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. [/font]

Our Mortgage team would be delighted to speak with you and we are happy to accept online documents at application stage.

We can arrange for a member of our Mortgage team to call you directly. If you’d like to send us a private message including your name and contact number, also a time that suits for a call back we’d just be conscious of the time difference we wouldn’t want to wake you up!

Alternatively you can apply online here.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

we are happy to accept online documents at application stage.

Jimmy, Read that carefully .....

'At application stage'

Advertisement