Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value shooting range in Poland

Options
  • 22-10-2015 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

I will be going over to Poland with my girlfriend for my 31st Birthday and would like to go to a shooting range. We will be staying in Krakow for 4 nights, Katowice for 1 night and finally her home for 2 nights.

Were looking to shoot guns like a AK47, glock, sniper rifle, shotgun etc.
    How much should it be per round. From my research its like €1 or more per bullet. 5 guns with about 80 rounds came in at €120. Now I could be wrong but that wouldn't last very long would it?

If someone could make a few recommendations that would be great as were on a budget. Not looking for anything too fancy just good value.

Oh and this is my very first time shooting live ammo so anything I should know :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

bullets are expensive that sounds somewhat fair, the only advise ill give you is dont put your finger in the trigger guard until you are on the target and going to shoot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I was in Krakow in March and decided against going to the range.

There was so much stuff to shoot, the temptation would have been too great to keep shooting.

I was fairly sure I'd get carried away and spend so much that I'd have to remortgage my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭DarraghR

75 shots - 20*AK47, 10*Glock, 10*CZS75, 25*Uzi, 10*Shotgun works out at €93.50

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

DarraghR wrote: »
    Oh and this is my very first time shooting live ammo so anything I should know :p
    Yeah, it's not like it is in the movies.

Guns kick, bigger caliber guns kick more. Pull the trigger on an AK and it'll empty the 20 rounds in less than 2 seconds and you'll end up pointing into the air and not on the target anymore.

Same with handguns. If you have never shot a handgun (and even worse if you've never shot a gun) the recoil will catch you out and take it from me, accuracy will not be what you think. I've seen lads with a good shot that could not hit a 2' square board at 25 yards with a handgun. I know you're not looking to enter the Olympics, but you want to be able to say you at least hit the target.

It'll be a novelty for you, but i'd say take on board all advice and guidance given to you by whomever is running the range, Ask if unsure of anything, observe safety rules, and for the love of God, never turn or swing with a gun in your hand. Even is you know it's an empty one. It's the most common mistake by newbies. Once the gun is empty they have a habit, out of excitement, of swinging around to those standing beside them and sweeping them with the gun.

When you're finished firing, make sure the gun is empty and cleared, and place it on the table before turning away from the targets.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement