Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU unit for a 770 gtx

Options
  • 23-10-2015 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hello,
    Looking for a recommendation for a good PSU for a graphics card I'm getting. I currently have a gigabyte 660gtx and a 460w PSU.
    I am getting a gigabyte 770 gtx oc 4gb graphics card at a good price.
    On the specs for the card it recommends a 600w PSU and it must have 6-pin and one 8-pin external power connectors.
    More than likely getting PSU from mindfactory.de
    Any help on this would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

dhplayer wrote: »
    Hello,
    Looking for a recommendation for a good PSU for a graphics card I'm getting. I currently have a gigabyte 660gtx and a 460w PSU.
    I am getting a gigabyte 770 gtx oc 4gb graphics card at a good price.
    On the specs for the card it recommends a 600w PSU and it must have 6-pin and one 8-pin external power connectors.
    More than likely getting PSU from mindfactory.de
    Any help on this would be great

Not sure about the psu but you'll get shafted getting one item from mindfactory on delivery charge. Better looking at any of the eu amazons even uk one and parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dhplayer

Thanks for that. I know. Its a real pity shipping is so expensive with mindfactory. Getting a few other things at same time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

dhplayer wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I know. Its a real pity shipping is so expensive with mindfactory. Getting a few other things at same time

Be quiet 7 600 w. Will run you 71 euro. There are cheaper alternatives but, I don't like to mess around with quality on the Psu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Assuming that's any half decent brand of PSU you currently have it's fine for a GTX770. What price are you getting it for?

Assuming that's any half decent brand of PSU you currently have it's fine for a GTX770. What price are you getting it for?

€210

• Advertisement

Its a cooler master. Got it yeasr ago with a cm case. Don't know if its rated bronze even. Would like the piece of mind getting something decent. From looking around seasonic xfx and bequiet look to be good makes.
    Thanks for that one sterlingarcher. Looks good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I wouldn't consider that overly good value and definitely not worth getting a new power supply over to be honest. A second hand R9 290 can be hand for about €230-250 and is much faster.

A 4GB GTX960 would be a bit slower but uses less power, definitely wouldn't need a new power supply and could be gotten for almost that price brand new.

Probably not overly good price. I considered the 960 a lot for that very reason with psu and power effiency. I like the gigabyte card as it offers a bit more grunt and the cooling is meant to be very good and silent. It doesnt look to be a big power hog. And it has 4gb ram. Its a bit bewildering at times trying to decide on a GPU weighing up what you want now and whether it will serve into the future. Would it be risky to try the current PSU with it.

Advertisement