Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 32), Oct 23-24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Limerick Pats Bray win would make next week great craic for some teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Most of our first team is "injured" for tonight. Id imagine it will be pretty similar for Dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Finally make it to the playoffs, not even dfx notices :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

overshoot wrote: »
    Finally make it to the playoffs, not even dfx notices :(
    I am shocked and appalled.

Can honestly see the playoff tie being over by this evening. Don't think Benson will be back for tonight and we just lack any creativity without him in the side. Add to that the fact that Swan is in awful form at the moment and it points to an easy win for Harps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

gimmick wrote: »
    Most of our first team is "injured" for tonight. Id imagine it will be pretty similar for Dundalk.

Fully fit squad heading down. Last competitive game on grass before the cup final.

• Advertisement

I am shocked and appalled.

Can honestly see the playoff tie being over by this evening. Don't think Benson will be back for tonight and we just lack any creativity without him in the side. Add to that the fact that Swan is in awful form at the moment and it points to an easy win for Harps.
    I hope your predictions come true but form doesnt always count for much in the playoffs.. and our record in them is appalling.
    Anyway out of work, now to get down the road! Hopefully can turn this one into a home tie!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Fully fit squad heading down. Last competitive game on grass before the cup final.

O Donnell won't be playing I'd imagine. If he's booked tonight, he would miss the final

O Donnell won't be playing I'd imagine. If he's booked tonight, he would miss the final

True. It is a game for Shields anyway, as Cork's usual tactic is to try and kick Dundalk off the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

True. It is a game for Shields anyway, as Cork's usual tactic is to try and kick Dundalk off the park.

Ah now, the last few games have been competitive with Dundalk being quite the better team in the end and we aren't close right now, don't know why always have to resort to 'Cork kicking us off the park'. That hasn't happened at all this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Corholio wrote: »
    Ah now, the last few games have been competitive with Dundalk being quite the better team in the end and we aren't close right now, don't know why always have to resort to 'Cork kicking us off the park'. That hasn't happened at all this season.

I suppose it's a fair enough mistake to make when you see Towell throwing himself on the ground every time a Cork player comes near him.

Not sure I will be going tonight after last weeks display. If they can't be bothered making an effort or playing a full team, I don't see why I should be bothered paying in or going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

farna_boy wrote: »
    I suppose it's a fair enough mistake to make when you see Towell the 2015 Player of the Year throwing himself on the ground every time a Cork player comes near him.
    Address him by his proper title ya little bollix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

farna_boy wrote: »
    I suppose it's a fair enough mistake to make when you see Towell throwing himself on the ground every time a Cork player comes near him.

Not sure I will be going tonight after last weeks display. If they can't be bothered making an effort or playing a full team, I don't see why I should be bothered paying in or going.

If it wasn't for my season ticket I'd be seriously considering watching the Limerick game in the pub tonight. For the Dundalk lads, Cork is covered in a typically miserable bank holiday mist all day, the type of mist theres no getting away from and it will soak you no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Pighead wrote: »
    Address him by his proper title ya little bollix.

I would but I got carded the last time I called Joey Barton by the same proper title.

Full strength side from Dundalk:

Rogers; Gannon, Gartland, Boyle, Massey; Shields, Towell; Mountney, Finn, Horgan; McMillan

Only O'Donnell left out, presumably due to the risk of a yellow card keeping him out of the cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Not sure Keith Fahey is the analyst Rte is looking for.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Harps 1 up against UCD in the playoffs already

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Limerick looking doomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bloody mental up here at the Brandywell.

Halftime: Derry City 2-3 Bohemians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

WE'RE BEATING PATS!

The wedding crasher has scored again.

https://twitter.com/sligorovers/status/657649253653848064

Well in Dinny!

Win for us and Sligo gives us a chance of 4th next week.

• Advertisement

2-0 Rovers! Holy f*ck. :D:D

Barring some double digit scores next week, we're safe if scores stay like they are.

Drogs and Limerick both 2-0 down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

We'll be sending them all out playing Gah next season.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    We'll be sending them all out playing Gah next season.

Fair play to him for coming off the bench and winning it for us, but he can head off back to Bohs now!

Probably the only 15 goal per season striker I will want my team to let go in my entire life.

Lovely :D

To be going into the last game of the season with a genuine chance of europe is fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Peter Collins: "Keith, what will Limerick have to do to go to Sligo and win next week?"

Keith Fahey: "They'll have to score goals, keep a clean sheet and get a win obviously."

Thanks, Keith.

Bohs for Europe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Heard Dinny scored 1-4 tonight

Season end plz thx

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Ugh, dominated most of that game but just lacked a finish. We looked so much better when Benson came on. Gives me a bit of encouragement for next week. Hopefully Benson and O'Conchubhair start and please let Swan be up front and not on the wing.

Saw the best piece of awful goalkeeping. O'Donnell inexplicably let a throw in bounce over his head. He was about to try to get a hand to it but pulled away at the last moment so it was rightly disallowed.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Season end plz thx

One point next week and Pats have the European spotted wrapped up.

One point next week and Pats have the European spotted wrapped up.

Won 9 in a row......lost 8 of the next 9.

if i was a betting man......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Won 9 in a row......lost 8 of the next 9.

if i was a betting man......

Or if you were a Pats player if the rumours are to be believed...

Amirani wrote: »
    Or if you were a Pats player if the rumours are to be believed...

Why would you jeopardise a substantial Euro bonus. That would actually be retarded.

Oddly seems to be only Dundalk fans who heard the rumour, we are cutting costs(100K) and investing in our youth teams. Shouldnt all teams be doing that? it is the actual point of the u19/17 league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Limerick looking doomed.

I wouldn't be at all suprised if they came away from the Showgrounds next week with all three points. I can't really see our lads breaking their bollix to get a result in that one. Conversely, I'd be amazed if Drogs get anything in tallaght. Then it's on to the playoffs.

And oh yeah, thanks for last night Dinny, now kindly fvck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

So eh, town!got a bit ropey lookin last few months but looks like we could finish 6th now!successful season overall, our whole season was just about survival, and to prove, once and for all, we are far better in every way than athlone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Season end plz thx
    NO!Not until Bohs screw you's for Europe :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I wouldn't be at all suprised if they came away from the Showgrounds next week with all three points. I can't really see our lads breaking their bollix to get a result in that one. Conversely, I'd be amazed if Drogs get anything in tallaght. Then it's on to the playoffs.

And oh yeah, thanks for last night Dinny, now kindly fvck off.

If limerick's defence and keeper is as bad next week as last night, you'll have the game handed to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Delighted to be safe in all ways without kicking a ball last night. As for tonight, tbh I wouldn't be overly disappointed with a loss if it meant Galway stayed up too. Hope Limerick get a result next week to get at least a playoff spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Bray get the result tonight and next week is looking very interesting!!

A Full Jodi, Cork with their eye on the cup final, Pats needing a point in Galway against a side fighting relegation, ya know what Bohs might just get the 4th spot :)

Ugh, dominated most of that game but just lacked a finish. We looked so much better when Benson came on. Gives me a bit of encouragement for next week. Hopefully Benson and O'Conchubhair start and please let Swan be up front and not on the wing.

Saw the best piece of awful goalkeeping. O'Donnell inexplicably let a throw in bounce over his head. He was about to try to get a hand to it but pulled away at the last moment so it was rightly disallowed.
    Yea moment of ecstasy before realising no one had touched if from the throwin :/
    It was a typical performance from us, sitting back when ahead, altho we still created as many goal scoring chances as ye. Still all to play for next week. Should be a great crowd.

Also your match programs need work...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

With 200k at stake for Bohs and Pats, it's arguably bigger than the Cork Dundalk game last season.

major bill wrote: »
    Bray get the result tonight and next week is looking very interesting!!

A Full Jodi, Cork with their eye on the cup final, Pats needing a point in Galway against a side fighting relegation, ya know what Bohs might just get the 4th spot :)

Galway need a draw so do we.

I hope for both teams to kick off and just stay in their own half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Galway need a draw so do we.

I hope for both teams to kick off and just stay in their own half.

I would love the boring nil all draw, no attempt whatsoever to cross the halfway line from both sides just to annoy the Bohs lads.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I would love the boring nil all draw, no attempt whatsoever to cross the halfway line from both sides just to annoy the Bohs lads.

We need a filth merchant in midfield, someone who actually misses every 6th game.

We too ****ing nice and soft.

Galway are pretty much safe anyway, baring a substantial swing in GD

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

We need a filth merchant in midfield, someone who actually misses every 6th game.

We too ****ing nice and soft.
    So recall Bolger?

Advertisement