Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What printer to buy

Options
  • 23-10-2015 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi I have a HP desktop 1560 printer but I find I am using quite a lot of ink. Any idea what would be a good printer to buy with regards to saving on ink. I use it just for home use so I'm not looking to buy anything to fancy but I'm printing off a lot of college notes lately and seem to be spending a lot on ink.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

If you answer a couple of questions I could help you better:

Do you need it to scan / copy / fax? (haha fax...)

Do you need colour printing?

How much are you printing per month (roughly)?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭eladnova

I'm really happy with this Brother printer.
    http://www.huntoffice.ie/brother-dcp-j4120dw-a3-colour-inkjet-all-in-one-duplex-wireless.html

I couldn't tell you what the ink usage is like V your printer but previously I had a multi purpose printer/fax/scanner by HP. It constantly needed driver updates and the wireless printing almost never worked..

Brother printer is small, seems economical, very simple to setup, fast, reliable, does A3 (if I need it) and is multi purpose too. Picked mine up in Tesco UK for about 90£

Only thing to be aware of is that ink generally seems to be harder to find. Anytime I'm in Tesco Ire or Easons the ink they sell is mainly HP, Epson and the usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Kealyboy wrote: »
    Hi I have a HP desktop 1560 printer but I find I am using quite a lot of ink. Any idea what would be a good printer to buy with regards to saving on ink. I use it just for home use so I'm not looking to buy anything to fancy but I'm printing off a lot of college notes lately and seem to be spending a lot on ink.

Thanks

If your not worried about colour, then I got a HP wireless B&W laser printer for around 70euro, its great for my daughter for her college work, toners are very cheap and you get around 1500+pages out of them.

think model number is HP1102W....look it up on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

mad m wrote: »
    If your not worried about colour, then I got a HP wireless B&W laser printer for around 70euro, its great for my daughter for her college work, toners are very cheap and you get around 1500+pages out of them.

think model number is HP1102W....look it up on amazon.

I will second that - using a Brother HL-L2340DW, its black and white too and really have no need for colour. I got it second hand but its a real workhorse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

eladnova wrote: »
    I'm really happy with this Brother printer.
    http://www.huntoffice.ie/brother-dcp-j4120dw-a3-colour-inkjet-all-in-one-duplex-wireless.html

I couldn't tell you what the ink usage is like V your printer but previously I had a multi purpose printer/fax/scanner by HP. It constantly needed driver updates and the wireless printing almost never worked..

Brother printer is small, seems economical, very simple to setup, fast, reliable, does A3 (if I need it) and is multi purpose too. Picked mine up in Tesco UK for about 90£

Only thing to be aware of is that ink generally seems to be harder to find. Anytime I'm in Tesco Ire or Easons the ink they sell is mainly HP, Epson and the usually.

+1 for this printer, have it a while now and its very good (touch wood!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement