Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 6 | Episode 3 | Thank You [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh it was a goodie alright V, but in my humble this episode was the standout for me.
    1510580_680860741952484_1252748526_n1-e1395536236216.png

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

If Glenn survives it will only be worth it if he nearly makes it back to Alexandria and manages to save everyone unbeknownst to them, dying /turning in the process. But I personally feel he shouldn't have survived that hoard.

I'm way more interested in daryl, I think I missed some dialogue; what was he doing going off on a spin?

And where do they get all their petrol as well as helium?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

Wibbs wrote: »
    Oh it was a goodie alright V, but in my humble this episode was the standout for me.
    1510580_680860741952484_1252748526_n1-e1395536236216.png

That episode was so twisted, I'm getting chills down the spine now just thinking about it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'm way more interested in daryl, I think I missed some dialogue; what was he doing going off on a spin?

if I have it right, he thought he could make it back to Alexandria to help out. Then he thought he could go and help those legging it away out, eventually Ricks talk about being selfish got through to him and he went back to help out the lead car.

So basically he drove around doing SFA for awhile and it had no major effect on the episode.

I am sure they meant to have a bit about his attitude and personality changing or maturing but it seemed to be shoe horned in pointlessly.

If he had followed through or stayed where he was meant to be, then this would have had a point but otherwise, it was just him trying to be a hero and then realising that real heroes don't do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Jesus we dont see it all from a wide angle not that hard to presume the hoard of walkers knocked over the flimsy fence. Can't understand people that nitpick the most ridic things

Speaking of wide angles, I thought all the aerial wide shots this episode were amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I think they're just playing up to the debate to be honest. As mentioned above, I think it would be a really cheap stunt if he was still alive. I think he is dead, there's just to much connection back to Season 1 with the "dumbass" line, a throwback to the old cheeky Glenn.

https://twitter.com/RickAndThangs/status/658700925511561217

What are the odds that there was a hole in the underside of the dumpster which Glenn conveniently crawls up ala Rick in the Tank scene?!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭CiaranW

My main problem was the horn on the truck.
    How could it be heard from so far away?
    Glenn and co had to travel through a little town, maybe I missed it but Rick may have instructed to them do a circle around Alexandria.
    A bit of the lazy writing returned (Man in white shirt being bit on the back, when surrounded by zombies, surely you make sure area is cleared before looking at injured friend) but thankfully after this little blunder the episode was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Personally, I think he's gone. Although it looked to me like they could have crowd surfed their way out of there, the way the zombies were packed together round the dumpster. Not sure how there was enough room for the 2 of them to fall to the ground.

Subacio wrote: »
    Personally, I think he's gone. Although it looked to me like they could have crowd surfed their way out of there, the way the zombies were packed together round the dumpster. Not sure how there was enough room for the 2 of them to fall to the ground.

Just as nick shot himself, I did wonder would Glenn use his body as a body surf ramp and make a jump for the building beside them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

the angle that Nicholas shot himself, right temple facing Glenn, how did blood fly in from Glenn's right?

• Advertisement

the angle that Nicholas shot himself, right temple facing Glenn, how did blood fly in from Glenn's right?

Dramatic license

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

CiaranW wrote: »
    My main problem was the horn on the truck.
    How could it be heard from so far away?

Not just that, but how did Morgan get back to Alexandria so fast? In the last episode he is there within at least 20 minutes of that horn going off. It seems to be taking the rest of the crew a couple of hours to hike back though.

Other than that, I thought it was an excellent episode. Just a relentless juggernaut of an episode building to Glenn's death. It was well hinted at though with yer man going on about meeting his wife in all this mess *camera pans to Glenn* and Glenn coming across the pocket watch. I thought maybe Nikolas might redeem himself to save Glenn at some point but no, he was a coward to the end and every decision he made in that episode was another step towards Glenn's death. The death itself was one of the best on the show... that moment falling to the ground, knowing there's no escape, this is the end for Glenn and then the feast. It was a real punch to the gut, probably the biggest death on the show. What hit it home even more was the attack on Rick moments later and then the ending with him completely broken in the RV while the herd approaches.

Poor Maggie. Herschel, Beth and now Glenn. All gone.

Also, what's up with Ricks hand. There was a lot of focus on it. He wasn't bit but I've a feeling he'll
    getting the chop... or else it's just the show runners teasing the comic book readers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

They weren't that far from Alexandria?? I mean I think it was about 2 miles as the crow flies. Yes there was a little bit of artistic licence used but not extremely ridiculous. Also in a dense open region of land wind would take sound a little bit more.

Regarding Morgan, he departed before the horn sounded.As soon as Carter was killed, Rick sent Morgan back to Alexandria to tell everyone what happened and how they were progressing. Later the horn sounded and the horde changed direction. That's how Morgan got there first - he had no idea the horde changed positions yet but he wold hAve figured it out fairy quickly..

Rick put Carter down Rick- "We have a good hour till we hand them off to Daryl, Sasha & Abraham. Why don't you head back, tell everyone what's happening. They should know." "Ok. Rick. I just..." "Can you do that for me?" Morgan nods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

the wind speed was 49 knots south east that day im told is how it happened

the wind speed was 49 knots south east that day im told is how it happened

This is a serious conversation about flesh eating zombies in an apocalyptic world....... no need to take the piss out of theories:D:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was so convinced he was dead. Reading the thread has me doubting myself.

Either or it had the desired effect. Was a thrilling episode and really had my chest pounding. Walking Dead has got that back for me this season so far, where it had gone last season. Fear TWD had really brought it back, like it was during the first few seasons of the show. But with the characters so developed now I expect them to handle most situations. It was nice to be brought back into a space of dread and fear for the main characters again.

Both myself and the misses were pretty shocked at the end, and had that sort of expression and mood that has happened a few times across various shows. Really great episode that was a sharp reminder why I love the show.

While overall it dips and skyrockets between seasons, this has started of at blistering pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Great episode, season 6 has been really good so far, I just hope they can keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Am I the only one who thinks they have kept the whole thing uncertain so that they can tell a story relating to Maggie? Nobody saw him die so she won't "know" he's dead. That uncertainty, after the very obvious deaths of everyone else close to her, could have a real impact on her. She'll want to go out there and find him. And when she does we'll find out at the same time that she does that he is in fact dead. Maggie will, in essence, be our window through that story. We'll be her. As she's hoping so will we be hoping etc.
    CramCycle wrote: »
    if I have it right, he thought he could make it back to Alexandria to help out. Then he thought he could go and help those legging it away out, eventually Ricks talk about being selfish got through to him and he went back to help out the lead car.

So basically he drove around doing SFA for awhile and it had no major effect on the episode.

I am sure they meant to have a bit about his attitude and personality changing or maturing but it seemed to be shoe horned in pointlessly.

If he had followed through or stayed where he was meant to be, then this would have had a point but otherwise, it was just him trying to be a hero and then realising that real heroes don't do that.

It also marks the first time he has "disobeyed" Rick. Even when Rick was talking about being selfish he kept going. It was only when he heard the gunshots (Rick had the open line) that he turned around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaisyD2

"Parts of glenn or glenn will be in future episodes or maybe in flashback"

Or some such....

Last night I thought Glenn was toast & then I was sure he'd get out, now I'm kinda 50/50 but since nobody else has mentioned it I thought I'd put out my theory.

I do think its Nicks guts getting chomped on (angle is all wrong for glenn) & I think its "possible" glenn could roll under dumpster to escape walkers BUT not without some walker getting a bite of him!

Did anyone else think they spent a lot of time focusing on guy who got bit in shoulder in woods, writing his final words to his wife & having his little moment with Mischonne?

I don't think for a minute Mish would walk away not knowing what happened him, I think she was turning to go back or she'll get other pair back to Alexandria & return with Maggie by which time hoard has moved on & they'll find whats left of Glenn under dumpster.

As hokey as it seems Glenn does have Maggie & Baby to make him put up a fight so I don't think hes dead - Yet.

They'll string his bits out for another couple of episodes!

Also. I hated Nicholas. But I feel him shooting himself and feeding himself to the heard was his pathetic attempt to sacrifice himself to save Glenn and buy the guy who gave him another chance after what happened between them. hence the thank you. I know most wont agree and of course it doesnt redeem him but it was an attempt to help Glenn, however idiotic it turned out to be.

Anyway....he is still alive.....99% sure. My evidence on the last page is pretty good if i do say so myself!!

molloyjh wrote: »
    It also marks the first time he has "disobeyed" Rick. Even when Rick was talking about being selfish he kept going. It was only when he heard the gunshots (Rick had the open line) that he turned around.

Indeed, he has been edging ever closer to disobeying him since they arrived in Alexandria, clearly disagreeing with Rick and Carols views on the situation but not pushing too hard.

He seems to be answering back and standing up more and more when he disagrees on the ethics of s decision of late.

Maybe this is the push that is needed for upcoming episodes, if Rick needs to be controlled, Michonne will need back up, if Daryl moves to follow her or whoever, it will mean, Rick will only have Carol.

Anyway....he is still alive.....99% sure. My evidence on the last page is pretty good if i do say so myself!!

Considering the level of misdirection of some shows and movies, and the fact that he may have signed a contract for the season, so would have been at their disposal for either flashbacks and mind f*cks in general, I am not so certain although it is compelling.

Regarding Morgan, he departed before the horn sounded.As soon as Carter was killed, Rick sent Morgan back to Alexandria to tell everyone what happened and how they were progressing. Later the horn sounded and the horde changed direction. That's how Morgan got there first - he had no idea the horde changed positions yet but he wold hAve figured it out fairy quickly..

But didn't the horn go off almost immediately after he sent Morgan though? Surely he only had a short head start? I could be wrong, all the time jumping and cutting in the first episode could mean some time had passed between sending Morgan off and the horn going.

Bacchus wrote: »
    But didn't the horn go off almost immediately after he sent Morgan though? Surely he only had a short head start? I could be wrong, all the time jumping and cutting in the first episode could mean some time had passed between sending Morgan off and the horn going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arwOwmGuMJ0

no, it didnt. In fact it could have been any given amount of time. the scenes just cut over eachother. Im sure the writers arent that silly to neglect obvious details like that. theres a link to the first episode.

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arwOwmGuMJ0

no, it didnt. In fact it could have been any given amount of time. the scenes just cut over eachother. Im sure the writers arent that silly to neglect obvious details like that. theres a link to the first episode.

Ah yes, there was a cut there so yeah, any amount of time could have passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Fantastic episode, that's 3 crackers to start the season, I fear it can only go down hill.

Havnt read the thread but I've 2 questions.

What was on Michonnes arm when they were crossing the river?

Was it Alexandria that Michonne and the 2 lads got back to?

There were a number of burned out buildings, I don't recall the Wolves setting any fires and the time lines would be off as the buildings wernt smoking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Fantastic episode, that's 3 crackers to start the season, I fear it can only go down hill.

Havnt read the thread but I've 2 questions.

Was it Alexandria that Michonne and the 2 lads got back to?

There were a number of burned out buildings, I don't recall the Wolves setting any fires and the time lines would be off as the buildings wernt smoking.

Michonne had the message she written to the bitten guy about them gettting home still on her arm.

No, they were walking by the Grain Store that Glen and your man were meant to be setting on fire but had found already burnt out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Edit: Scratch that, above post clarifies it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I wonder if Rick cutting himself on the Machette was actually in the script, to me it looked like it might have been a real injury but kept in character and continued the scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

It was something along the lines of " your getting back". She wrote it in reply to your man David giving her a note to give to his wife if he didn't get back.
    There were a number of burned out buildings, I don't recall the Wolves setting any fires and the time lines would be off as the buildings weren't smoking.

They used a couple of petrol bombs at the start to kill the lookouts so I'd say that's what the burnt buildings are from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I wonder if Rick cutting himself on the Machette was actually in the script, to me it looked like it might have been a real injury but kept in character and continued the scene.

It's probably in the script, I doubt they use real blades sticking out of peoples chests.

Rick almost gets killed because Morgan continues to be an idiot. The sooner they reveal his defining moment where he realises "all life is precious" (apart from the lives of all the people who die because of his dumbass mistakes) the better.
    Then we can continue on to where he's hopefully disemboweled by some Wolves and then grips on to Rick's arm and says "You were right" before dying and getting the hell out of the show.

Ah come on.Of course it was in the script!!! Do you honestly think they would continue a scene if an actor slashed his hand open. And it isn't a sharp proper Machette anyway. It's obvious that the continuation will be Rick bleeding out but being locked in surrounded by walkers and getting weaker to add more tension to his situation.

In hindsight I'm thinking you meant that when it did happen the scene had all but finished so they just wrote it in. So I guess it's a fair enough theory.

But no I'm positive it was original. In fact it's very annoying the characters (not the actors ) don't pick up more of those little injuries in combat.

Ah come on.Of course it was in the script!!! Do you honestly think they would continue a scene if an actor slashed his hand open.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/bp/leonardo-dicaprio-real-blood-django-unchained-scene-201237591.html
    It was during one take of that scene when DiCaprio unintentionally slammed his hand into glass, creating a gash that later required medical care.

But that didn't stop him from doing his job. As his hand bled quite visibly, DiCaprio kept going, even using the hand as a new dramatic prop. At one point he smears his bloodied hand over Broomhilda's face in an act of evil dominance. And Broomhilda (Washington) looks horrified as he does it. (Perhaps Washington wasn't acting!) And that was the take that director Quentin Tarantino kept in the film.

But, yeah, I think Rick hurting himself was in the script.

Michonne had the message she written to the bitten guy about them gettting home still on her arm.

No, they were walking by the Grain Store that Glen and your man were meant to be setting on fire but had found already burnt out.

Wasn't the note dropped on the ground on the other side of the fence of Michonne and the other two as your man was being devoured. He had gI've the note to Michonne but she gave it back to him. She wrote something on it before returning it. Possibly something like give it yourself, we are getting you back. It showed the walkers standing on it as he dropped it after trying to climb the fence. I think so anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Michonne wrote "You're getting home" on her arm, not on his note.

Wasn't the note dropped on the ground on the other side of the fence of Michonne and the other two as your man was being devoured. He had gI've the note to Michonne but she gave it back to him. She wrote something on it before returning it. Possibly something like give it yourself, we are getting you back. It showed the walkers standing on it as he dropped it after trying to climb the fence. I think so anyway.

Yeah, the note fell out of his pocket and was stepped on by the walkers.She had written 'you're going home' or something similar on her arm. That's what she was rubbing off when she was stepping into the river.

DaisyD2 wrote: »
    "Parts of glenn or glenn will be in future episodes or maybe in flashback"

Or some such....

Last night I thought Glenn was toast & then I was sure he'd get out, now I'm kinda 50/50 but since nobody else has mentioned it I thought I'd put out my theory.

I do think its Nicks guts getting chomped on (angle is all wrong for glenn) & I think its "possible" glenn could roll under dumpster to escape walkers BUT not without some walker getting a bite of him!

Did anyone else think they spent a lot of time focusing on guy who got bit in shoulder in woods, writing his final words to his wife & having his little moment with Mischonne?

I don't think for a minute Mish would walk away not knowing what happened him, I think she was turning to go back or she'll get other pair back to Alexandria & return with Maggie by which time hoard has moved on & they'll find whats left of Glenn under dumpster.

As hokey as it seems Glenn does have Maggie & Baby to make him put up a fight so I don't think hes dead - Yet.

They'll string his bits out for another couple of episodes!

Sorry! Had to say this....... you calling Michonne Mish made me shake my head. That abbreviation is just wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Jesus we dont see it all from a wide angle not that hard to presume the hoard of walkers knocked over the flimsy fence. Can't understand people that nitpick the most ridic things

Because little things like that irritate me.

How could they knock the fence? They (Walkers) were pushing against it hence pushing it against the bin. So it was supported both sides. If it fell it didn't fall against the walkers or against the bin.

I also don't believe Glen is dead, He would have got a definitive death rather that a cliff hanger.
    Remember how Shane/Hershal died.

Aenaes wrote: »
    Michonne wrote "You're getting home" on her arm, not on his note.

Sorry I read the original message wrong. Or didn't read it properly at all! For some silly reason thought the poster said it was the note the injured guy had given to Michonne. But didn't she write on the note before she gave it back also?? I was sure she did.

• Advertisement

Sorry I read the original message wrong. Or didn't read it properly at all! For some silly reason thought the poster said it was the note the injured guy had given to Michonne. But didn't she write on the note before she gave it back also?? I was sure she did.

No, she only wrote on her arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

First time in a long time I remember seeing Rick looking genuinely scared (at the end scene).

Regarding Glenn, hmm, I'm not sure tbh. Maybe he IS dead, maybe he escapes intact to live another day, maybe he gets bitten and makes it back to Alexandria only to have Maggie put him down after an emotional heart-to heart, or maybe we'll be left hanging for a couple of episodes, only to find him 'turned', as part of a walker horde they have to kill. Cue much angst among the group, and an eventual katana/knife/bullet through the brain. Perhaps not having him on Talking Dead was just a way to prolong the obvious ambiguity.

I enjoyed the episode. Yes, I noticed that the fence disappeared, and that there was a fire escape they could have run up, but as someone upthread said, 'dramatic licence'. I did find it kinda odd that they let that guy behind the fence get eaten alive after Michonne scrambled over - it's not like they just turned and ran off without a backward glance, they stood looking at him in horror for several seconds while he screamed. Really, you'd think one of them would just put a knife through his head while they stood staring at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

it would be ridiculous if Glenn were still alive.

With 100's of zombies chomping and pulling, he'd get bit regardless.

If they write it in that he survived, i think that would be poor writing.

Human life is cheap post apocolypse, choose your allies wisely.
    He didn't.
    He died.

Simple as

Thanks for that advice. Wonder why he is seen in photos filming with yet to be introduced characters then......

Thanks for that advice. Wonder why he is seen in photos filming with yet to be introduced characters then......

Brilliant misdirection, contracted for a season, may as well use him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Photos ? what photos and where ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Great episode, hope Glenn is dead, Rick better be ok! Like others couldn't believe they didn't do the mercy killings. Can't believe 3 black characters made it back, maybe the curse of t dog has passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

this is how he escapes
    ya i robbed it of reddit

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

he cant be alive if he is illl be done with it he got ****ing eaten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Photos ? what photos and where ?
    pics here but bewarned there are spoilers as well also

Advertisement