Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 6 | Episode 3 | Thank You [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I don't want him to be dead but this is his second near miss because of Nicholas. He should've been dead last season but somehow got the walkers off with with no Nicholas to distract them and no dumpster to hide under. He should've been a goner in that situation. I'd find it more believable for him to survive this but I don't think they can pull the same stunt twice.

Maybe he escapes and is bitten but I think the next time the others see him he will be a walker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

naughto wrote: »

No need to put spoiler thing on it as links are merely links and people can't just click on them otherwise. They aren't really spoilers as nothing is confirmed either way.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No need to put spoiler thing on it as links are merely links and people can't just click on them otherwise. They aren't really spoilers as nothing is confirmed either way.

There are lots of spoilers in those links though, not just about this current scenario. People shouldn't click them unless they have read the comics or want to know spoilers in general.

But there is no need to put spoiler tags on them. Just say spoilers within. The spoiler tags prevent you from automatically clicking on them. I removed the spoiler tags when I replied so people could just click on them. Otherwise you are copy and pasting into a new tab. It's just unnecessary. Once you highlight they are spoiler links that is sufficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

One of the best episodes of the series, I think - absolutely action packed from start to finish! Really top notch entertainment. Hope you-know-who somehow makes it out alive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think people are getting carried away with "best ever episode" lark.

I enjoyed it and while most of it was very good, the dialogue between Michonne and the Alexandria group was horrific. Fan-fic quality almost. It's great that the plot is moving along very quickly but the standard of dialogue is still atrocious.

Who said it was best ever episode??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

That was a great episode, glenn is a very likeable character (or was, rip). Dont know if i could pick a best episode ever but this certainly could be the best season thus far.

What made daryl (he was heading straight to alexandria no?) turn back when rick called him? Bit of a waste of petrol that was.

Also any good guests on the talking dead so far this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Old Perry wrote: »
    That was a great episode, glenn is a very likeable character (or was, rip). Dont know if i could pick a best episode ever but this certainly could be the best season thus far.

What made daryl (he was heading straight to alexandria no?) turn back when rick called him? Bit of a waste of petrol that was.

Also any good guests on the talking dead so far this season?

The gun fire... On the radio..

Lone Stone wrote: »
    The gun fire... On the radio..

I get what happened, he heard distress, but he didnt go to help rick, he back tracked to abraham. His focus was alexandria, then rick is in trouble ( possibly meaning that that part of the herd may make it to the safe zone) and he just heads back to the car where everything is going as planned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What I found odd was the lack of common sense from somebody as experienced as Glenn,running down the alley,he ignored the fire escape that they could have climbed and blocked behind them and when they got on the bin,they could have climbed onto the fence and shimmied across to the one running along the alley and climbed over to where there were no walkers,zombies can't climb.
    Minor niggles in an otherwise excellent episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I get what happened, he heard distress, but he didnt go to help rick, he back tracked to abraham. His focus was alexandria, then rick is in trouble ( possibly meaning that that part of the herd may make it to the safe zone) and he just heads back to the car where everything is going as planned.

Rick took rv to the pre arranged location he was told where at some stage during it, obviously some where ahead of of Abe n sasha because it was a rendezvous point or somesort of thing past the green balloons I think glen mentioned it on the radio that's why daryl headed back down the road to Abe and sasha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

If Glenns alive the shows credibility would go down a good few notches. If that happens the likes of game of thrones which routinely slaughters pivotal characters will romp ahead of it. It would be a jumping the shark moment for the show.

I think he is dead. Being covered in blood doesn't distract the walkers. It's being covered in the scent of walkers that does it. So Glenn being covered in your man's blood would do nothing. And as for crawling under a skip that would just be stupid.

As has been pointed out he was at a dead end surrounded by thousands of walkers in every direction. I actually think the writers set it up like that because it was the only believable way that Glenn (one of the hardened survivors) could be killed by walkers. None of the main characters can be taken by surprise by walkers at this stage. So the only way to kill them is huge numbers of walkers/other people/disease.

zerks wrote: »
    Minor niggles in an otherwise excellent episode.
    One thing that's bugging me is why some of the walkers didn't break off and follow Daryl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    One thing that's bugging me is why some of the walkers didn't break off and follow Daryl?

He drove up the road ahead, remaining ahead of them😯

He drove up the road ahead, remaining ahead of them😯
    Thank you, that has been annoying me for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Rick took rv to the pre arranged location he was told where at some stage during it, obviously some where ahead of of Abe n sasha because it was a rendezvous point or somesort of thing past the green balloons I think glen mentioned it on the radio that's why daryl headed back down the road to Abe and sasha.

Rick took the rv to an area closer to Alexandria, hoping to draw the back half of the walkers away when they arrived. Abraham & Sasha were miles off, as planned, leading the first half of the walkers away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I don't think Glenn is dead, but I do think he probably took a bite.

I'd say he'll wriggle his way out from under the other guy and we'll probably see him for another episode or two before someone has to finish him off.

That seemed like a poor send off for someone who was there from day 1, but at the same time I think it would be ridiculous for him to get out completely unharmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

zerks wrote: »
    they could have climbed onto the fence and shimmied across to the one running along the alley and climbed over to where there were no walkers,zombies can't climb.

There was barbed wire on the top of the fence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭mightyreds

molloyjh wrote: »
    There was barbed wire on the top of the fence.

Better than the alternative ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Essien wrote: »
    I don't think Glenn is dead, but I do think he probably took a bite.

I'd say he'll wriggle his way out from under the other guy and we'll probably see him for another episode or two before someone has to finish him off.

That seemed like a poor send off for someone who was there from day 1, but at the same time I think it would be ridiculous for him to get out completely unharmed.

I doubt that. He was covered in walkers. Surely the other guy was further to the left of the big bin? I cant see him surviving that.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

Rick took the rv to an area closer to Alexandria, hoping to draw the back half of the walkers away when they arrived. Abraham & Sasha were miles off, as planned, leading the first half of the walkers away.

Exactly. He raced to the RV so that he could get in between the original road and Alexandria. His plan was to wait in the RV until the herd (who followed the horn) reached his road. Then he starts blaring the horn / drawing attention to himself to distract them from Alexandria (as the truck horn had stopped by that stage)

This is when he starts driving away again, parallel to Sasha/Daryl/Abraham drawing as many walkers away from Alexandria.

Only problem. The RV wont start, so the majority of the walkers will continue on to Alexandria & his kids. He is powerless to protect them. I don't think he is afraid for himself per say, more so his failure to protect his kids. Th dead bodies outside the RV will stall a few walkers but not enough. He'll probably make a run for it to that red barn, or try and out run them down the road he originally intended but that wont work imo.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

GBX wrote: »
    I doubt that. He was covered in walkers. Surely the other guy was further to the left of the big bin? I cant see him surviving that.

I rewatched this, and when the camera shot was the overhead one, you could see Glenn's head by the bin with his body at a 45 degree angle pretty much. It's hard to see how he would have escaped that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Who said it was best ever episode??

Read the thread. A ton of people. One person in the thread even went as far to say it was the finest example of zombie media ever.

I disagree and feel people are letting the admittedly good frenetic pacing and Glenn moment cloud their judgement on some really shakey dialogue.

Rick wasnt meeting up with abe or sasha. The herd had broken into two. Rick was attempting to divert the half that had brokin off. Its nothing major, it seems daryls role in the episode amounted to nothing.

Found this on reddit, explains what was happening fairly well.
    http://i.imgur.com/nlJdgUc.jpg (no spoilers)

Based on the promo for (edit) season 6 and sences that have not aired yet showing maggie and aaron in some sort of sewage duct id say there is a chance that theres a manhole under that bin for glenny boy to wriggle into.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

5starpool wrote: »
    I rewatched this, and when the camera shot was the overhead one, you could see Glenn's head by the bin with his body at a 45 degree angle pretty much. It's hard to see how he would have escaped that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow did.

I watched that scene over and over last night, the other guy landed straight on top of Glenn so with his head that close to the bin if he is to survive then he will crawl under the bin and push the bin thru the hoard to try get out. That is assuming he survives.

Realistically those walkers should be dining on his face/neck straight away also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I think it was Nicholas being eaten but Glenn is dead. Just remains to be seen if they will show him being consumed in the next episode. If not, will he be the first major character without a death scene?

I think they've done it pretty well. After all the hints and theories that Glenn would be the next major character to die, they've left it intentionally ambiguous thus dividing people into two camps of opinion.

Of course, he could survive but that would probably be a bit crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I watched that scene over and over last night, the other guy landed straight on top of Glenn so with his head that close to the bin if he is to survive then he will crawl under the bin and push the bin thru the hoard to try get out. That is assuming he survives.
    Push the bin through the hoard?
    That's not remotely possible.

Not even if he could stand upright on one side of the bin and press his whole weight into it, could he force back a hoard like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I don't understand why Glenn and Nik didn't get INTO the bin. They'd be completely dependent on outside help to escape but at least they wouldn't be zombie food... maybe the bin could tip over?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Bacchus wrote: »
    I don't understand why Glenn and Nik didn't get INTO the bin. They'd be completely dependent on outside help to escape but at least they wouldn't be zombie food... maybe the bin could tip over?

Actually, that's exactly what they should have done. they had a radio, the bin had walls on 3 sides. It could have been padlocked though, didn't look myself, alot of bins like that are but if it wasn't then they just would have had to wait out the zombies.

i am ashamed I never though of that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jman0war wrote: »
    Push the bin through the hoard?
    That's not remotely possible.

Not even if he could stand upright on one side of the bin and press his whole weight into it, could he force back a hoard like that.

Not all the way through the hoard but he could push it to the side, jump up and then onto a building or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Has to be dead. Ambiguity + internet debate = more viewers next episode!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Kirby wrote: »
    Read the thread. A ton of people. One person in the thread even went as far to say it was the finest example of zombie media ever.

I disagree and feel people are letting the admittedly good frenetic pacing and Glenn moment cloud their judgement on some really shakey dialogue.

Has the dialogue ever been Shakespearian?

Hell, has it ever even been up to the standard of say The Sopranos, Breaking Bad or any of the other top rated shows?

Not a bit of it.

I think you are letting poor dialogue cloud your judgement of a good, frenetic paced episode with the Glenn moment!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pretty sure it was padlocked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Should the dialogue have been good anyway?

The plan was going awry, the horn was blaring, people were thinking their homes were being attacked, things had gone to hell, Rick's group were trying to keep calm, Alexandrians were scared. Even Heath who seems to be the most experienced/able was scared and paranoid. Most couldn't even think, let alone talk.

I thought Rick's speech was pretty good, reassuring others probably himself.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I suspect that with Glenn they are going to bring back one of the season 1 zombie deterents.
    The other lad is on top of Glen being chomped on. Enough zombie goo will have covered Glen so the other Z's think he is a Z. He'll scuttle under the bin til the hoard clears.

In regards to Ricks hand being cut, apparently this is a nod to the comic book
    where he loses his hand completely

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Watched it again, think Glenn wasn't bitten..yet. Hard to see how he'd escape tho... Unless rick gets out of rv, into house beside it, finds big truck and sound of its horn drags walkers away from Glenn whose crawled under bin... Unlikely tho!

they'll really hate Morgan if they find out he could have killed first two wolves and then they wouldn't have had photos of Alexandria and gone looking maybe.. And if he'd killed them the second time in Alexandria, the rv wouldn't be broken.... Bad decisions.

Wonder if there's any chance someone else either from Alexandria or some completely new group are in vicinity and could rescue Glenn.. Hard to see tho.. Think its rip Glenn! Brilliant episode tho. Season 6 has been really good so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Glenn might not be dead but I think its a bit of a cop out if he isnt. Bit like the old Batman and Robin where they would be faced with an impossible situation at the end of the episode but next episode something would have magically allowed them to escape.

I quite liked the futility and complete hopelessness of it - no heroic end, just overrun by a horde. I too wondered why they didnt get into the bin.

I really enjoyed the scene where the guy burst into the RV and started shooting at Rick.

I found it hard to follow the various travels of people in this episode though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The other lad is on top of Glen being chomped on. Enough zombie goo will have covered Glen so the other Z's think he is a Z. He'll scuttle under the bin til the hoard clears.
    Only thing he could do is scuttle under the bin till the hoard clears. But if they were able to chew Nick, they can chew Glenn so I think it will be a waste of a good death if he isn't.

It would bring back a sense of danger/threat. Even Glenn can die, it would be like Rick dying as far as the group are concerned because he has always been there.
    I quite liked the futility and complete hopelessness of it - no heroic end, just overrun by a horde. I too wondered why they didnt get into the bin.
    It was a great death in regards it was believable, no big thing, just what happened to so many others. Fantastic TV if he is dead. That said if he is not, my family will be happy as they love Glenns character, I will be the only one disappointed.
    I found it hard to follow the various travels of people in this episode though.
    Me too, even with the map, it just did not see to be right. I have it figured out but there is something not quite right but that could be an effect of scene jumping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I suspect that with Glenn they are going to bring back one of the season 1 zombie deterents.

/SPOILER]

They would be shifting the goal posts if that's the case. He'd have fresh human guts all over him. For a zombie that would make him even more juicy and delicious

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Not all the way through the hoard but he could push it to the side, jump up and then onto a building or something
    There's no room for Glenn to jump off the bin to the side and start pushing it.

They had a couple seconds before being overrun.

They barely made ontop of the bin as it was.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

CramCycle wrote: »
    Only thing he could do is scuttle under the bin till the hoard clears. But if they were able to chew Nick, they can chew Glenn so I think it will be a waste of a good death if he isn't.

It would bring back a sense of danger/threat. Even Glenn can die, it would be like Rick dying as far as the group are concerned because he has always been there.

It was a great death in regards it was believable, no big thing, just what happened to so many others. Fantastic TV if he is dead. That said if he is not, my family will be happy as they love Glenns character, I will be the only one disappointed.
    Unearthly wrote: »
    They would be shifting the goal posts if that's the case. He'd have fresh human guts all over him. For a zombie that would make him even more juicy and delicious

On the flip side, he did get alot of screentime in that episode which a major character would normally get as they bow out of a show. If he is gone, then it was a great ending for him.

Great idea.
    But too late now i think.

Even if the bin tipped over from zombies, the bin lid would prevent it from covering Nick/Glenn + friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I think the deus ex machina here will be that he simple crawls under the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Wibbs wrote: »
    One of the best episodes of the series for me. I don't think he's dead either. Though if he is it was a bit of a crap way to go. Done for shock value kinda thing. If he's not and did get away, then it's very far fetched to get free and clear in such circumstances*. He was a fave character of mine I have to say. The last of the original gang that still retains the most of his humanity.

One thing puzzles me a bit. Very early on they discovered(Glenn was even part of it IIRC) that if they covered themselves in zombie walker/biter/roamer guts it would put them off the scent and they'd ignore you. Why has nobody used this ruse since? Michone's previous trick of chopping arms and jaws off a couple of them and using them as camouflage another way out of a horde.

*we're seeing the other guy's guts being eaten, no sign of spitting up blood and all that from our guy and unless he's very close to the yoke they were standing on so maybe he crawls under it while they're feeding on headshot boy and they don't notice because he's covered in gore?

But Glenn isn't covered in Walker blood, he's covered in another Human's blood...aka Gravy for Walkers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I think the deus ex machina here will be that he simple crawls under the bin.

Thats not the correct usage of the term deus ex machina. If Rick appeared out of thin air with a steam roller to roll over all the zombies and save Glenn, that would be deus ex machina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

OK, the bin doesn't appear from nowhere, but the plot device is close enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Hopefully Glenn doesn't survive.

What makes shows like TWD and GOT such compelling viewing is the dreadful feeling that anyone can die at anytime. If they let Glenn off it loses a bit of that suspense.

Based on the promo for (edit) season 6 and sences that have not aired yet showing maggie and aaron in some sort of sewage duct id say there is a chance that theres a manhole under that bin for glenny boy to wriggle into.

The pics i mentioned earlier.
    http://i.imgur.com/zFvsWRQh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Rg3xidOh.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement